North delist 11! Who will we be forced to delist when list sizes are cut?

Remove this Banner Ad

To ruin our depth more anti Richmond shenanigans
They also need to look at the fact that north Melbourne had soo many injuries this year (17 I think about two weeks ago) thtat they might not have been able to fill a team with some of the reported list sizes

Delist Fraser Turner? A bottom ager that is still only 19 years old? And Collier-Dawkins our first pick from the 2018 draft who is still only 20. All with no VFL this year to work with this year. Um no...
It’s actually a massive issue we will be faced with. If not them who?

It’s bloody hard to come up with a list
Start of the year I would have definitely said Oleg and Miller first to go. Markov now a keeper and Miller seems to have plenty of admirers from those that matter.

Garth hasn’t had the opportunity through injury, how do you judge his year

Naish I have my doubts, I thought he looked ok 2019, but looked a long way off this year. Notably has not been named an emergency since his games earlier this year.

English- how do you assess the poor kid?? Might be ok and a decent role player with further development. But right now would probably be rated 42 on our list.

Then there’s Broad who will probably leave for better opportunities along with some other fringe types

I really hope we keep / re-sign
Graham
Nank
RCD
CJ

I reckon Bachar will retire as 3x premiership player (could be another)
Trade out Markov, Broad, CCJ, Pickett (plus Garthwait )
Stack rookie or trade.
Rance off books.

Delist -Naish, Miller, English
I’d be keeping Pickett.

If the touted list sizes of 39 and 2 rookies is correct, maybe we don't need to cut as deep as first thought? How many do we currently have on our list?

The team that we need to start picking at is GC - they have around 51 on their list and the cuts to that team will be huge to meet the new list size. Maybe a couple of good kids will get cut.

Nope, they have some collateral damage to play with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it was up to me I would delist nobody only Rance any one of those players can play a role.Turner and RCD no way.The nature of business we will have to tho.

We don’t have to delist 11 😆 Norf’s list is just that shitful

Rance is off already
Broad/Pickett odds on to be trade (☹)
Might also lose some fringe
Then there’s also Markov (would keep), Garth (🤷‍♂️), English (😔) and Miller (🤷‍♂️)

Also it won’t be one major cut it will be gradually over a couple of years.

Edit: We also don’t know if we can delist contracted players (I don’t think we can without paying them out like normal)

Who are they replacing them with!? The draft is even more of a blind bet than usual and who's gonna want to play for a team that's just relegated themselves to 5 years of non-competitiveness? They're gonna have to over pay spuds just to meet the payment threshold again as well. Just fu** off and die Norf, seriously.
Actual good players that other teams are forced to delisted by reduced playing lists presumably.

Apparently Norf are moving Ben Brown and fielding offers for Cunnington(not sure) and Higgins(could have legs).

You’d think at least 1 of that 11 has some trade value? Bonar went at pick 12 only two years ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They’re keeping Bonar.

MacMillan
Pittard
Jacobs
Ahern
Wood
Durdin
Williams
Crocker
Hosie
Murphy
Daw

TBH I don’t think any of them do have any trade value at all if list sizes are reducing.

Who are they replacing them with!? The draft is even more of a blind bet than usual and who's gonna want to play for a team that's just relegated themselves to 5 years of non-competitiveness? They're gonna have to over pay spuds just to meet the payment threshold again as well. Just fu** off and die Norf, seriously.
Perhaps they will re-draft Brent Harvey to start their rebuild!

If it had to be 10 unlucky players I’d say Houli would retire and Rance would be taken off the list. Higgins, Markov, Stack would be fairly tradeable. While Miller, English and maybe Turner. Put Soldo and Nyuon on rookie list. Not sure what list sizes have to be though.

They’re keeping Bonar.

MacMillan
Pittard
Jacobs
Ahern
Wood
Durdin
Williams
Crocker
Hosie
Murphy
Daw

TBH I don’t think any of them do have any trade value at all if list sizes are reducing.

I hope we stay away from Wood. Weren't we interested once upon a time.................?

To be honest, especially since T71 mentioned it re Adelaide, I can see a club like North trading their 2nd (roughly pick 20-22 depending on FA compo) for a few of our guys. Same as Adelaide. If they don't trade a player.

they get to renew their list with proven well developed guys from a club with a great culture and professionalism. Probably short cut their rebuild by a few years, if they don't screw it up.

We'd be in for it I reckon. Our guys get to stay on an AFL list, we get a good pick or player.

Not sure I want Brown though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back