North delist 11! Who will we be forced to delist when list sizes are cut?

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not right that the AFL haven't set list sizes yet. I sincerely hope that the clubs been told what the changes will be behind the scenes.

I think every club needs to take three kids from the draft, so there's 3 goodbyes required, no matter what. We'll have retirements that are coming no matter what shambolic rule-changes the AFL stuff up. Same for delistings.

I don't have any inside word, so I'm just speculating, but I reckon Houli will call it a day. If we win the premiership, I reckon JR8 will go out on that note.

I reckon Ben Miller won't get another year. Maybe the kind words from the club recently have been a bit of a departure gift.

That leaves the untried kids / Eggy / CCJ & Stack in the gun, if list sizes are chopped.

I don't have any inside word, so I'm just speculating, but I reckon Houli will call it a day. If we win the premiership, I reckon JR8 will go out on that note.

I reckon Ben Miller won't get another year. Maybe the kind words from the club recently have been a bit of a departure gift.

That leaves the untried kids / Eggy / CCJ & Stack in the gun, if list sizes are chopped.

I think Soldo going down has actually saved CCJ. We need a backup ruckman and with Nank and Chol playing, we will have no one if CCJ goes. On top of that, Chol has shown us all that he will never be a tall forward so we need to find a replacement for Jack moving forward. CCJ is the only one I can think of. So I think Jack will play on a least another year but CCj will stay as a backup for ruck and forward.

If the rumour about us going after Saad is true, Houli could be about to retire. Egg might be a decent replacement. So would Markov but Saad would be a like for like (literally in may ways).

I don't think Stack will go either...yet. His last years performance gave him enough credit to get him through. I think if he has another hiccup like this year, regardless of his ability, he'll be moved on. I hope he can mature and smarten up because he has more ability than most more touted youngsters.

I agree with you about Miller. The untried kids might be untried for a reason. They might be the first to go.

I wish we didn't have to lose anyone because we have built up squad depth ever other club is envious of but I trust the team managers to make the right call.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard that the AFL and Players Association are what is holding up the call on list numbers. The leaked season structure of 28 games was what the AFL have taken to the players as one way of generating more income to try and make up losses from this year so list sizes don't need to be cut as significantly.

I would be happy with more games across the same time period as a a normal season but with a 'Footy Frenzy' over two or three weeks. All of the coaches and players have seen that they can play with a short turn around if required so this is definitely an option. As a fan, I'd be happy with a 34 game season but I won't be greedy.

Will be interesting to see which way this goes.

If the touted list sizes of 39 and 2 rookies is correct, maybe we don't need to cut as deep as first thought? How many do we currently have on our list?

The team that we need to start picking at is GC - they have around 51 on their list and the cuts to that team will be huge to meet the new list size. Maybe a couple of good kids will get cut.
GC will still have their extended list concessions so will have to cut the same as all other clubs. All their mature ages who couldn't get a game this year would be first to go. Miles might survive.

GC will still have their extended list concessions so will have to cut the same as all other clubs. All their mature ages who couldn't get a game this year would be first to go. Miles might survive.
C Ellis won’t

Miles has retired along with George Horlon Smith.

Both were best 22 when they arrived and quickly became obsolete.

Corey was obsolete before he got there.

We had to sen Brando up there to smoothe the waters so we can still trade with them after taking Tommy Caddy and Dion, and lumping Corey on them.

Miles has retired along with George Horlon Smith.

Both were best 22 when they arrived and quickly became obsolete.

Corey was obsolete before he got there.

We had to sen Brando up there to smoothe the waters so we can still trade with them after taking Tommy Caddy and Dion, and lumping Corey on them.
Think there might be some decent players available from around the league once all lists are submitted
All clubs would have got a chance to look at players outside of the 22 with all the scratches going on inside the hub

I’m really hopeful the list sizes only drop to 42 spots. With our fantastic depth we’ll find ourselves in a very difficult spot, but it’s good problem to have.

I would assume the club wants to take three draft picks to the national draft, we would need to get out list down to 39 spots if this was all true.

Including Rance we currently have 44 players on our list, this would require us to move on four players. If I was in a list management position, I would move on:

1. Alex Rance
2. Luke English
3. Ben Miller
4. Derek Eggmolesse-Smith
5. Nathan Broad (Traded)

*It’s worth noting that I personally don’t want to see Broad go and I really hope he stays but I’ve included him in this list as it appears as though he’ll go to the Suns. I wouldn’t be interested in trading him for a player on their list as we’d have to delist another player, I’d be targeting a pick upgrade or future draft pick. This would be suit our list and where we’re at.

I think both Eggy and Miller wouldn’t have been on this list if we didn’t have to make these covid changes, they would be be very hard done by. Sadly there is going to need to be some very hard calls made this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back