North for Wooden Spoon

Remove this Banner Ad

Ilovenorth

Draftee
Sep 16, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Can someone please tell me the scenario required for North to finish a well deserved last.
Appreciate it.
I could almost watch norff lose more over Richmond win.

It would involve the Crows beating Richmond for a start.

And as enormously beneficial as that would be for the eagles, I cannot see that happening.

It would involve the Crows beating Richmond for a start.

And as enormously beneficial as that would be for the eagles, I cannot see that happening.

Well the Crows have won 3 games in a row and Richmond have a ton of injuries. Tigers should still win but stranger things have happened.

You'd be very familiar with troubled times ..... still got your microwave?
I'm not sure what happens when you microwave metal? I'm sure the microwaves would do something to the ribbon on the premiership medallions.

all clubs have their time in the cellar

no need to kick them when down
Sorry this is incorrect. Geelong does not do the bottom. Or even the bottom 3. And the one season in the past 35 plus whwre we finished fourth bottom we werre like 3 games clear of 3rd bottom and only ended up with pick 6 in the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Crows and North are both on 16 points.

True, but the presumption is that both will lose their final respective games, and North Melbourne avoids the spoon on %

The only way that changes if the crows lose narrowly to the Tigers, and West coast demolish North.

Its possible, but i wouldn't be confident enough to wager on it

True, but the presumption is that both will lose their final respective games, and North Melbourne avoids the spoon on %

The only way that changes if the crows lose narrowly to the Tigers, and West coast demolish North.

Its possible, but i wouldn't be confident enough to wager on it
That's the question. I am wondering what the point variance would need to be in the respective games. Would be a brave but profitable wager.

all clubs have their time in the cellar

no need to kick them when down
They are irrelevant in the AFL. Surely under the current financial environment now is the time to reduce the financial strain clubs like this put on the rest of the competition.

Sorry this is incorrect. Geelong does not do the bottom. Or even the bottom 3. And the one season in the past 35 plus whwre we finished fourth bottom we werre like 3 games clear of 3rd bottom and only ended up with pick 6 in the draft.

yeah but what about 1958 and 4BC

They are irrelevant in the AFL. Surely under the current financial environment now is the time to reduce the financial strain clubs like this put on the rest of the competition.

For those old enough to remember when the football leagues was great across the land. WA boasted 8 great clubs, SA boasted 10, VFL 12 plus the VFA, TFL and NT.

Yet now we have 18 sides, over coached, overly defensive and the spectacle lower quality. With many game played in front of one sided fan bases.

Perhaps the solution sits in the past, with more teams not less. With zero budget for the coaching panel and a return to captain coaches. Cheaper entry tickets and cheaper beer.

This is the first time in the crows 29 year history we have "bottomed out".. lowest we finished before this year was 14(4th bottom) back in 2011.

So I assume for all the talk there isn't one person on here who can answer my original question?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back