Texy

Debutant
Jul 13, 2008
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Birmingham City
Who will be there bigger movers in ngfnl. I think TTU will play finals and give yarram a touch up round 1. Gormy will be lucky to win 4 games for the yesr jordy sandy massive loss. Cowwarr will stay the same . Early flag and ladder predictions?

Not sure much will change from 2016. I think Heyfield and Sale city strong again. What's happening at TTu? Why do you see them as big improvers?

Not sure much will change from 2016. I think Heyfield and Sale city strong again. What's happening at TTu? Why do you see them as big improvers?

I think Nick T is straightening alot of issues out at the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Righteous Man Power.

Nugget1985

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Justin Langer Appreciation Group
Nearly 40 on the track each night, very tight group. A young group who wasnt to far off finals last yr with a couple of recruits, can only benefit from the culture they are starting to build out there. I agree heyfield and city far to strong for anyone in the comp.
Havent heard a lot about yarram

Yarram have picked up a couple of former players which include a ruckman and key forward, from all reports have retained most if not all of there senior list and with there thirds kids not losing a game last year you could say they shape as the most likely team to challenge Sale City.

Heyfield have picked up the services of Adrian Burgiel as the non playing assistant coach and have also recruited classy forward Nick Campbell, they have depth but need there top end talent to really shine and to get over the demons in the past.

Churchill will be around the same but more than likely worse than last year, the Cougars may have gone to the well once too often last year and with Holt confirmed as coach it would seem externally a lot of improvement has to come internally from the youth, this is due to a few potential retirees.

City may have lost one or two players but had really good depth, if Schuback, Piasente, Mclay, Morrison (if he stays) and Tolner all fire they are formidably hard to stop.

Woodside like they do every year have picked up good players, in season injuries and depth have been there issues historically. So if they can hold it together through the middle part of the season they will be around again.

I like what Turnbull is doing at TTU, a strong leader with some simple and basic rules for the group, I was highly impressed with him and there group last year in terms of commitment etc. This would suey boy TTU supporters who would love to see consistency in effort and performance in the hope of attracting more good people to the club.

Rosedale are likely to lose Brandon Mcdonald, Dale Fleming, Rohan Diamond & Brad Scott. Sam Bristow is a very good coach but just wont have the cattle.

Hearing bad news about Gormandale, anyone enlighten? Poor numbers again??

Cowwarr are interesting, seem to have heard that they arerecruiting well. Needed another forward (they have got one in Tim Johnston from Traralgon) and will be probably want a big bodied midfielder and another classy onballer to really push hard for finals. Could be a big mover but needs alot to go right.

No news from Glengary for me? Improved greatly last year, good juniors, more good juniors coming through and an excellent man in Chris Day at the top. Hopefully improve again and push hard for finals.

Unfortunately for NGFNL followers the league this year won't change too much, you would expect the top three to come out of Yarram, Heyfield, Woodside and City. The next tier will be Churchill, Cowwarr, Tyers and Glengarry. Rosedale and Gormandale will be bottom two.

Reports on Gormy isn't good. And Nick T is a ripper. Had a good chat to him a while ago and he is exactly what TTU needed.

Send from my ipad with righteous man power.

Chris Pettit is yarrams coach again this season

Thanks buddy. I heard Gormy folded this morning, but still just talk at this stage.

Surely that has to be talk. They have recruited a couple decent players this year. If they can get their defence right they should have a decent year

Yeah, the bloke who said it, not sure where he pulled it from to be honest. I'll believe it when i see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Righteous Man Power.

Coaching opportunity

Attachments

• pcfc-2020-senior-coaching-advertisement-1-1280x1810.png
    pcfc-2020-senior-coaching-advertisement-1-1280x1810.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 105
Back