Play Nice Dustin Martin to North | 31/8: DM signed at RFC for 1.3m/7yrs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recent past history says we're unlikely to get any of them, but, for argument's sake, I doubt we'd get both Kelly and Shiel, or be willing to spend what's necessary to get them both. With Martin a FA though, he plus Kelly (preferred) would be great.

It could be sold on the basis that each is told the other is coming, making it more attractive. Like Aylett and co. did in the 10 year rule window, when they told Barassi they were getting Wade, Rantall, David and told all three they were getting Barassi. The promise of each became self-fulfilling. None had confirmed, but it was cheekily played.
Get Aylett, Mantello and Joseph on the case.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Where do we get the other 2 x first rounders for Fyfe from?

I would rather;

Dusty - FA (sweet FA draft picks)
Kelly & Sheil - 2018 first rounder (1-5), 2019 first rounder, Cunners (as much as I love him but we have to give something decent up..)

Midfield of: Dusty, Sheil, Kelly, JZ, Higgins, Dumont, Ahern, Simpkin, Atley, Jacobs, Mountford and a F/S or two..

Fyfe is a FA too.

Love the optimism.

At least wait until the round 2 team is in before throwing the toys out of the cot about selection. Better still, wait 6 weeks and see if he's mending his ways. Jeebus, VFL doesn't even start until round 3. I'll jump on with y'all then if he parks them all in the VFL.

I find Scott's team selection to be confusing and inconsistent.

He says we are playing the kids this year, so he brings in Jy for his first game. I give this a tick.

But he then drops Wags and Clarke, who were first year players last year. I find this strange.

Why ? Because surely if you make your debut in 2016, your goal as a player would be to start the year in the seniors in 2017.

Meanwhile, Gibbo and Swallow (note : I do not doubt their endeavour and work rate) continue to get games before them....

Baffling !

IMHO Durdin's performance in the JLT series was very very good.

So what does Brad do ? He goes with an underdone Thompson and Hansen (who was useless).

I find Scott's team selection to be confusing and inconsistent.

He says we are playing the kids this year, so he brings in Jy for his first game. I give this a tick.

But he then drops Wags and Clarke, who were first year players last year. I find this strange.

Why ? Because surely if you make your debut in 2016, your goal as a player would be to start the year in the seniors in 2017.

Meanwhile, Gibbo and Swallow (note : I do not doubt their endeavour and work rate) continue to get games before them....

Baffling !

IMHO Durdin's performance in the JLT series was very very good.

So what does Brad do ? He goes with an underdone Thompson and Hansen (who was useless).

He also debuts Hibberd, Mountford & Preuss while Marley Williams and Nathan Hrovat also played their first games for the club.

You can't really say he is setting a bad precedent for team selection at this stage of the year.

That no name overnight fill-in SEN host Gus has said tonight we're no chance, and he added "why would Dusty want to go there? Lulz"

Amazing that this twat doesn't have a drive-time gig, seriously.

That no name overnight fill-in SEN host Gus has said tonight we're no chance, and he added "why would Dusty want to go there? Lulz"

Amazing that this twat doesn't have a drive-time gig, seriously.
Is he one of those 'hur hur North have no cash' types?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont you love it when football reporters ...... make comment through print / mouth / whatever, then show their true colors via social media.

Mark Stevens is the worst for that

Did Brad re-ignite this one as a possibility with his final (?) comment, referring to Martin and Kelly?

As I've said, I'd like to think the 'double or nothing' approach may work here, though I think most have been assuming he'll either stay at Richmond or they'll match a bid.

Did Brad re-ignite this one as a possibility with his final (?) comment, referring to Martin and Kelly?

As I've said, I'd like to think the 'double or nothing' approach may work here, though I think most have been assuming he'll either stay at Richmond or they'll match a bid.
Meaning we would have to trade for him if they did match. Not sure how we can trade for both Martin and Kelly.

Meaning we would have to trade for him if they did match. Not sure how we can trade for both Martin and Kelly.
If Richmond match our offer Martin would stay. In fact I suspect a ball park offer would be enough. We'd need to blow them out of the water.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back