North in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Early Prediction where will North finish in 2019 .
My belief is if we get no injuries Ben Brown kicks another 20 to 25 goals and we land Gaff and Polak I think we can finish anywhere between 5 and 10 on the ladder.
But others may have a different ideas.

Can we get Polec instead? Reckon Polac not on the same level as far as being the name of an actual AFL player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In our group will be Crows, Port & *ess.

And 2 of Dees, Cats, Swans or Giants.

It’s not a weak middle 6.
I'd say Melb will probably finish top 2 next year. Expect Lolmond to go down a few pegs.

At least IMO.

If all the stuff that is touted for us to get in FA trade and draft.

Top 4 is my expectation.

We should have made the top 4 this year, we were ahead of Hawthorn coming into the "easy" part of our draw but we kept dropping games to donkeys.

Our boys know what they need to bring to the table to succeed yet we pick and choose when we are going to do it. We need more than just a couple of good inclusions. Hawthorn has the will and the desire to succeed, we do not. Their list is mediocre, we annihilated them in the first half when we played them but our commitment is conditional and we are too happy to go easy too often when in a commanding position.

We should have made the top 4 this year, we were ahead of Hawthorn coming into the "easy" part of our draw but we kept dropping games to donkeys.

Our boys know what they need to bring to the table to succeed yet we pick and choose when we are going to do it. We need more than just a couple of good inclusions. Hawthorn has the will and the desire to succeed, we do not. Their list is mediocre, we annihilated them in the first half when we played them but our commitment is conditional and we are too happy to go easy too often when in a commanding position.
True, however i think the current crop are much more consistent in bringing effort than say the crop between 2014-2016. We dropped some horrendous games during that time, with the list we had we should've finished top 4 in all those years.

i think the current team brought effort in all games this year except v geelong, pies (although we looked stuffed from the week before v sydney - sydney also lost to GCS that week too) and adelaide.
i think round 3 v Melbourne we brought effort, but so did Melbourne and the talent and speed differential showed; we also got sucked into the contest, something we did v bulldogs rd 21. Port were too good also early in the season and essendon were just too quick and played out of their skins. it's unrealistic to except to win every game, some weeks even the worst teams could come out beat the best teams.

Easy draw or not we were always going to tapper off with the young legs demographic.
We just need three new improves within our existing squad, without drafting to improve.
Add new recruits and 3 improvers and we will improve our position. Which means firm top 8.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

If Jacob's played all year we would have been top 4. There was that little in it this year and we are not that far off. IF we secure Polec and Gaff then we should be aiming high. Top 4 is achievable.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Easy draw or not we were always going to tapper off with the young legs demographic.
We just need three new improves within our existing squad, without drafting to improve.
Add new recruits and 3 improvers and we will improve our position. Which means firm top 8.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

What are you talking about, we fielded one of the oldest teams in the AFL.

If Jacob's played all year we would have been top 4. There was that little in it this year and we are not that far off. IF we secure Polec and Gaff then we should be aiming high. Top 4 is achievable.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maybe, maybe not. I don't have a crystal ball able to predict alternative time lines. Our inconsistency and the large variance between our good games and bad games is more the problem, you can't expect to have no injuries, especially not to players that have missed 2.5 our of the last 3 years. For our game plan to work, it requires intensity and aggression across the board, you can pretty much tell the games we are certain to lose in the first 5 minutes of the game where our intensity is lethargic.

We either need a different game plan which we can execute consistently, or we need players that are able to execute it consistently. As I said, we have more issues than just 1 or 2 other players. They will help, but if we don't get midfield and forward pressure then our defensive wall is going to crumble.

How close to the AFL stick to this with the necessity of so called block busters?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

There are now rules in place limiting block busters.

For example the Blues cant play both the Tigers and Pies twice next year. These are 2 of their biggest rivals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back