North Korea - much ado about nothing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Suspense said:
There is no way that (Kim Jong-Il ) Ahmenijad has any way to permenently cripple the U.S. nationwide with his nukes. Sure, he could do some fair amount of damage, but the U.S. would respond so hard and so fast, they wouldn't know what hit 'em. Hence, even if I agree that the man is completely mad, I don't think his madness extends to the desire of total self-destruction.
So whats the difference between Iran and NK?

PerthCrow said:
So whats the difference between Iran and NK?

this kind of BS PC,

But unofficial North Korean spokesman Kim Myong Chol yesterday stepped up the anti-American rhetoric.

"If the US starts war against the DPRK, the DPRK will retaliate with nuclear war, torching New York and Washington . . . (they) are less than a half-hour's travel of ICBM from Pyongyang," he said from Japan.

LMAO, like i thought they were having trouble getting it to go for 1 km, then if they did get it going to the max, it might reach Frisco or Alaska, now this dude is saying what?

I get it now, imminent conflict? yep, govts tend to be re-elected when that occurs, even unpopular ones. I was wondering what Bush and the admin would do to pull the rabbit out of the hat, and voile, torch washington and new york? LMAO;)

CoggaRules said:
yep, govts tend to be re-elected when that occurs, even unpopular ones. I was wondering what Bush and the admin would do to pull the rabbit out of the hat, and voile, torch washington and new york? LMAO;)
I tend to agree there is a great deal of scaremongering going on... apparently crazy Asians arent as scary as crazy Arabs

PerthCrow said:
I tend to agree there is a great deal of scaremongering going on... apparently crazy Asians arent as scary as crazy Arabs

well tell that to Kim's hairdresser then.
FFS hairdresser man, what goes with the 80's romantic look? ;)

PerthCrow said:
Is Irans territory building?

Nope. Pretty much the same reasons.

Note that GWBs consistent rhetoric against these states, coupled with his invasion of Iraq, has suddenly resulted in a flurry of public bravado and weapons building?

Somehow, one suspects there might be a link there.

just maybe said:
But I don't see the problem with giving it a go. The US isn't exactly a weak hand in negotiations, I don't see why they're so reticent to meet NK one-on-one - Clinton did it with success. See what NK has got to offer in the one-on-one scenario.

clinton did what with success? The current situation is the result of the prevarication of Clinton.

just maybe said:
Note that GWBs consistent rhetoric against these states, coupled with his invasion of Iraq, has suddenly resulted in a flurry of public bravado and weapons building?

NK was developing the capacity whilst Clinton was around.

What about Libya? They saw the light and agreed with Bush to scrap their WMD.

medusala said:
NK was developing the capacity whilst Clinton was around.

What about Libya? They saw the light and agreed with Bush to scrap their WMD.

I don't remember Libya being part of the axis of evil.

FuManchu said:
Do you remember Lockerbie?

Or can you justify that action much in the same way you support state sponsored terrorism along the lines of Hamas?

Or the Republicans in the US
Or the Zionists in Isreal

FuManchu said:
Do you remember Lockerbie?

Or can you justify that action much in the same way you support state sponsored terrorism along the lines of Hamas?

So I'm still waiting for someone to show me where Libya was labelled as part of the axis of evil?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just maybe said:
So I'm still waiting for someone to show me where Libya was labelled as part of the axis of evil?
they were defined as a state that sponsors terrorism prior to their "re-birthing" by Tony Blair in December 2003. The axis of evil crap is jingoistic garbage put out by a man with the IQ of a deflated soccer ball

Just like to point out that the US have zero chance of having 1-1 talks with NK. In case you havnt been paying attention for the past year and a half NK always rejects talks with the US. In fact they even cancelled 6 party talks because of the US' involvement.

FuManchu said:
and define a war on a state of mind ie: terror
Its one waged by both sides to control a population,moreso the ''attacked'' , usually promoted by governments and the media. ie ''Memorial' days to reinforce an event in peoples minds which is easy work for the original terror organisation

NK has a madman in charge who has nukes and a missile allegedly capable of reaching Australia.

Lets not bother about him though.

Not much point in having an army at all really. We should just buy 1m doves instead and save the cash.

PerthCrow said:
Its one waged by both sides to control a population,moreso the ''attacked'' , usually promoted by governments and the media. ie ''Memorial' days to reinforce an event in peoples minds which is easy work for the original terror organisation
they may have the same PR company?

A work in collaberation perhaps

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,19722214-601,00.html

The Australian this week revealed that the military junta in Burma, which is almost as demented and isolated as that in Pyongyang, had made an approach to North Korea to buy nuclear weapons technology.

The strategic relationship between Iran and North Korea is increasingly important. North Korea is the source of Iran's missile program, and perhaps some of its nuclear program. Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is if anything even more lunatic in his pronouncements than Kim Jong-il.

medusala said:

The Australian this week revealed that the military junta in Burma, which is almost as demented and isolated as that in Pyongyang, had made an approach to North Korea to buy nuclear weapons technology.

The strategic relationship between Iran and North Korea is increasingly important. North Korea is the source of Iran's missile program, and perhaps some of its nuclear program. Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is if anything even more lunatic in his pronouncements than Kim Jong-il.
Venezuela would be feeling peeved, a triumverate of the stupidity would make a more formidable opponent to the west

medusala said:

Example number 1 Fu

''demented and isolated'' ... by whose standards? Demented ? People will see crazy

''relationship between Iran and NK'' ... ok I dont watch much news so I may have missed this... how long has this relationship been going on?

''more lunatic'' .... ie yeah Kims crazy but watch out for that crazy Iranian mullah''

I sometimes wonder if the media have to pull their heads in or should people learn how to analyse the media better? Fat chance of the great stupid unwashed making their own minds up '' oh I know that arab wan ker is crazy , John Laws ( insert favourite talkback jock) told me so ''

medusala said:
NK has a madman in charge who has nukes and a missile allegedly capable of reaching Australia.

Lets not bother about him though.

Not much point in having an army at all really. We should just buy 1m doves instead and save the cash.
Are you sure you are not talking about Bush

FuManchu said:
they were defined as a state that sponsors terrorism prior to their "re-birthing" by Tony Blair in December 2003. The axis of evil crap is jingoistic garbage put out by a man with the IQ of a deflated soccer ball

Borgsta said:
Just like to point out that the US have zero chance of having 1-1 talks with NK. In case you havnt been paying attention for the past year and a half NK always rejects talks with the US. In fact they even cancelled 6 party talks because of the US' involvement.

No. NK have specifically asked for 1-on-1 talks with the US.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back