North Korea v South Korea On The Brink Of War

Remove this Banner Ad

Il be interested to see what happens if one those test missiles malfunction and drop on japan, it will only take something stupid like that for war to start and spinning that into "its Trumps fault" will be impossible for the masses.

Unlikely event given the speed and height. Though an explosion would scatter debris over dozens of kilometres.

with the way missiles work, that would be extremely unlikely but would certainly make life interesting. That said NK has sunk allied ships without a military response by SK, Japan or the US.

Source?.....I'd like to see that.

That was the one in 2010.....5 year old article.....The North Koreans deny having done it also in that article.

there were two around that period. IIRC one was a military ship and the other a fishing vessel

Bloke in a group i'm in on FB's brother is a pilot currently en route to Japan and sent him this message they got.

24058886_10156860016283712_3635183978662419018_n.jpg

Pic was posted to fb group 15 mins back , no idea if it's a pic from overnight or recent.

Big button, little button. It matters not. The moment someone pushes whichever size button, we're all gunna suffer.

Some more than others, but we all will.

North Korea doesn't have the capability to even reach Hawaii....General Mathis is on record for confirming as such, only recently.

North Korea doesn't have the capability to even reach Hawaii....General Mathis is on record for confirming as such, only recently.

Guam? None the less any nuclear action on the Korean peninsula & Japan would be devastating to them & the economic effect would hurt the world & hurt Australia very badly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah remember back in 2013(?) how Kim threatened the known world every couple of days, just like John of Patmos, here's what I found on the inter-web;

1. We now have "lighter and smaller" nukes, and we’re not afraid to use them against the United States.
2. Are you ready for the silent treatment? We just cut our military hotline with South Korea.
3. We also just tore up all previous non-aggression pacts with South Korea.
4. In response to these UN sanctions, we’re going to "exercise the right to a pre-emptive nuclear attack."
5. We’re ready for "all-out war."
6. We just invalidated the 1953 armistice, so anything’s fair game.
7. Seriously, that armistice agreement has been invalidated.
8. Now we’re sharply increasing the number of training flights for our fighter-jets.
9. Not impressed? How about we turn South Korea’s Baengyeong Island into a "sea of fire"?
10. Now we’re conducting live-fire drills near a disputed maritime border.
11. Just FYI, our military personnel are standing by to "annihilate the U.S. imperialist aggressors."
12. At this very moment, all of our citizens are singing a song about wiping out the "U.S. imperialists."
13. We’re so serious about going to war that we conducted a practice drone strike.
14. That’s it: We’re conducting air-raid drills.
15. We will order "strong military counter-action" if the U.S. conducts more B-52 bomber sorties.
16. Seriously, we’ll destroy your military bases in Japan and Guam if you fly one more B-52 bomber around here.
17. One more move and we’ll start taking hostages … American hostages.
18. Don’t mess with us, we just set our field artillery units to the "highest alert."
19. Remember when we cut our military hotline? Well we actually have another military hotline, but not anymore because we just cut that too.
20. Also, we’re going to let you in on a secret: We can now drop bombs on Hawaii, Washington, Austin, and Los Angeles.
21. Come to think of it, the U.S. mainland is like a "boiled pumpkin" vulnerable to attack.
22. Now we’re blocking access to the Kaesong industrial complex, which we may close off permanently if you don’t take us seriously.
23. We now have "final approval" to nuke the United States.
24. A word to the wise: Do not "misjudge the will of the army and people of the DPRK to annihilate enemies."

Can anyone remember, did any politician respond, or are the current leaders the first to be trolled?

Not Trump, judging by the size of his hands...

that reminds me of a funny story of all things big in another thread#9615

"Joel Garner and friends were having a drink in an Australian hotel. At a nearby table a group of young ladies were celebrating some occasion. Eventually one of the girls came over and asked him “You are Joel Garner, aren’t you?” “Yes, Ma’am,” Joel replied. “We’ve noticed how tall you are and what big hands, big feet, long arms and legs you’ve got; what we’re dying to know is, is everything else in proportion?” “Garner replied, “Lady, if I were built in proportion I’d be eight foot ten!”

Guam? None the less any nuclear action on the Korean peninsula & Japan would be devastating to them & the economic effect would hurt the world & hurt Australia very badly.

yep..........due to a concept of "over feeding and under feeding", most of Australia's iron ore would be squeezed out of the market. As our ore quality is on average quite low.

if you have lots of steel manufacturing capacity, you can use shitty iron ore to feed the steel mills, as an extra few hours of processing means nothing. but if we were to take out Korean and Japanese mills out of service, only high grade ore would be bought as ever minute of steel mill time is valuable.

Then consider the inflationary issues associated with war itself such as increased demand for energy.

Sadly though, whether we have a war in Korea or elsewhere in the world, I feel war is inevitable. We are seeing the world's largest military build up ever, lead by the naval arms race. I feel for the kids 15 and younger, as it looks like they will be the ones on the front lines.

yep..........due to a concept of "over feeding and under feeding", most of Australia's iron ore would be squeezed out of the market. As our ore quality is on average quite low.

if you have lots of steel manufacturing capacity, you can use shitty iron ore to feed the steel mills, as an extra few hours of processing means nothing. but if we were to take out Korean and Japanese mills out of service, only high grade ore would be bought as ever minute of steel mill time is valuable.

Then consider the inflationary issues associated with war itself such as increased demand for energy.

Sadly though, whether we have a war in Korea or elsewhere in the world, I feel war is inevitable. We are seeing the world's largest military build up ever, lead by the naval arms race. I feel for the kids 15 and younger, as it looks like they will be the ones on the front lines.
Front lines aren't really a thing anymore.

What's your opinions here, would the economic sanctions imposed on the NK exacerbate the starvation of the NK citizens?
If so, would Trump boasting of the people starving be sort of like finding pleasure in a torture that he is helping to inflict?

Maybe I am just reading too much into this...

Front lines aren't really a thing anymore.

yep true, war has changed

we will still have huge amounts of cannon fodder in harms way in the "modern" front line from the now smaller operational teams but also the massive logistics and support teams.

What I want know is who's helping kim.
The rapid level of advancement in nukes and missiles is not possible by a tin pot regime with sanctions.

Iran has been finger pointed.

Iran would have had Russian support over the years, particularly with missile technology. They also were building their own nuclear capability until the Israeli's sent their centrifuges into a real spin.

Iran could help North Korea without the interferences from Israel and in turn bring back the warheads for their own arsenal in time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back