Autopsy North lose to the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

What's really funny (or depressing depending on how you look at it) is this 12 game losing streak we are currently enduring just sneaks into our top 10 all-time losing streaks.

35 - R17 1933 - R15 1935
33 - R6 1930 - R2 1932
17 - R22 1971 - R16 1972
16 - R16 1928 - R13 1929
16 - R10 2020 - R8 2021
15 - R5 1927 - R1 1928
14 - R4 1968 - R17 1968
12 - R17 1925 - R12 1926
12 - R10 1970 - R21 1970
12+ - R3 2022 - R15 2022

And with Geelong, Collingwood and Richmond to come in the next three weeks it will undoubtably climb to at least 15 before we have a chance at another victory against either Hawthorn or Essendon.

And to finish with a little piece of trivia, the 1971/72 losing streak began on August 28 1971, one week before I was born and finished with victory on July 29 1972. I was 329 days old before North had a win.

travelli

Club Legend
Mar 4, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The worst part is the realisation that the slash and burn rebuild strategy has not worked at all.

We do not have the right coach and we do not have the right players. As it stands, we are probably a couple of years away from being competitive, and don't even worry about finals. We need to have guys playing in their best position and we pretty much need to start from scratch to fill those positions.

sheridan

Team Captain
Oct 3, 2006
Western Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The umps a * we all know it, but there decisions are not an excuse.. The players must play for the jumper, and at very bare minimum, have pride in their own performance, even if its not for the coach FFS.

If the players cant handle the heat get out of the kitchen. No one is forcing you to play insipid, embarrassing, non AFL standard, uninspiring football that is occuring every week.

The walsh review must be swift and decisive no BS and no mates protected. if personnel need to move on including Nobes, so be it. No individual is bigger than the club.

This limp D*ck s*it cannot and should not be tolerated any longer. This great club needs to be back where it belongs.

I will keep turning up but * this is getting hard.

Oct 10, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Can anyone name one player who has improved under Noble I can’t think of one. Saying that if the coach can’t improve players or team he needs to go I couldn’t care less how many coaches we sack we need to find the right one

Speaking of rodents have one above me in the roof at the moment, hey you up there would u like a snack ?
1656234150006.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Let me get my head around this through venting.

We traded pick 19 in this years draft for Callum Coleman-Jones, when we could have walked him to the PSD and got him for free.

Today, instead of playing Coleman-Jones, when we obviously had a need for another tall forward, we swing forward our most important, and potentially only A grade player from his preferred position at full back, to play full forward.

AND, to make things worse, their two key forwards tear us apart all day

Noble clearly rates Coleman-Jones about as far as he can throw him.

Seriously concerning times at selection.

I think CCJ is coming back from injury but that's the side story, I've been trying to rationalise McKay forward for days now. I'd get it to a degree if we were debuting Dawson. The only thing I can settle on is some worries with concussion but even then.

He can clunk them for sure but he can't kick them.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
No we thought we may have a chance as the opponent was ordinary .

But when you have about ten who could be delisted without changing anything you’re probably correct .

My God if Sonja is any sort of a leader we should have a new coach and CEO very shortly . And Rawling can go back to talent spotting .
Has she said a single world publicly to pacify members since she got the gig?

It's looking more and more like a diversity hire.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don’t want to say it, but how shockingly embarrassing will it be to whoever (probs LDU) wins Syd this year? Mickey Mouse award if ever there was one this year.

Was thinking similar , I lost a 100 on us today of course I’m ok with that. Silver lining is we have pick one again . But I was wondering what is the lowest polling for a club at the Brownlow in the history of VFL/AFL?

Not sure it is even a bet one could make . But besides the WCE match I doubt we’ll poll another vote lol

I think CCJ is coming back from injury but that's the side story, I've been trying to rationalise McKay forward for days now. I'd get it to a degree if we were debuting Dawson. The only thing I can settle on is some worries with concussion but even then.

To hide the fact it’s only the one McKay!
Open your eyes sheeple!

HBFlanker

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Agree with this, however CCJ was obviously fit enough to ruck a whole game in the 2s today. I think he would have been okay to play a whole game as a deep forward.

Mckay deep forward makes no sense.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Agree with this, however CCJ was obviously fit enough to ruck a whole game in the 2s today. I think he would have been okay to play a whole game as a deep forward.

Mckay deep forward makes no sense.

Looks like he did a really good job too. There'll be some alarm bells if he's kept out. I don't think either Goldy or Xerri slam dunked it today.

As an aside, and it was mentioned a few times, McKay forward did nothing to let Larkey off the hook.

Let me get my head around this through venting.

We traded pick 19 in this years draft for Callum Coleman-Jones, when we could have walked him to the PSD and got him for free.

Today, instead of playing Coleman-Jones, when we obviously had a need for another tall forward, we swing forward our most important, and potentially only A grade player from his preferred position at full back, to play full forward.

AND, to make things worse, their two key forwards tear us apart all day

Noble clearly rates Coleman-Jones about as far as he can throw him.

Seriously concerning times at selection.

Apparently CCJ is sooking it up big time. Came to us and was promised gametime and now not getting it. Another one on our books with a bit of an ego apparently.

HBFlanker

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Looks like he did a really good job too. There'll be some alarm bells if he's kept out. I don't think either Goldy or Xerri slam dunked it today.

As an aside, and it was mentioned a few times, McKay forward did nothing to let Larkey off the hook.

Xerri was decent i thought.

For mine, Goldy MUST stay on next year, so for me, i just dont see how it works with Goldy, Xerri, CCJ, Comben and Larkey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back