North Make Godfather Offer To Kelly

Remove this Banner Ad

Out of interest, say the dogs finished with pick 15 this year, would you be happy to give that up for Goldy?
We'd have to consider it (with something coming back), Goldy plays until Tim English is ready for senior football in 2-3 years time.
We're pretty happy with what Roughy gives us but he's only played one year (2016) without significant injury, Boyd is a forward/ruck not a no 1 ruck and Campbell is more depth than genuine AFL no 1 ruck.

The issue is we traded our first rounders away more than once in the past few years so AFL first-round selection restrictions will start to apply, and by all account Dalrymple rates this draft so may want to keep picks.

Will be a disaster for north if he doesn't sign. After offering heeney a mill and being rejected as well. What will it cost for a good young player to go to Arden street?

As a North supporter myself, i actually agree with this. I feel asthough kelly is worth every cent and will be a multiple AA. However, if he was to reject such a hefty offer, especially when he has legitimate family connections to the club and the mega offer has become public, i feel this would be a terrible look. As though its just been rubbed in our face. If you make these colossal offers public, you gotta deliver. On the upside, the longer he stays unsigned, he is a day closer to accepting our deal.

You know I hate to say I told you so

You know I hate to say I told you so

We could win a gazillion flags in a row, and our perception and how we're represented by the media wouldn't change one iota.

Nothings changed Gus.

Out of interest, say the dogs finished with pick 15 this year, would you be happy to give that up for Goldy?

I wouldn't. .. at this stage I'm not sure he's any better than Roughead. He was terrible this year. He should have very little trade value

We could win a gazillion flags in a row, and our perception and how we're represented by the media wouldn't change one iota.

Nothings changed Gus.
Indeed nothing has changed. Star players have consistently rejected record breaking offers to move to your club.

Something must be off at north for so many players to turn down such incredible offers.

Indeed nothing has changed. Star players have consistently rejected record breaking offers to move to your club.

Something must be off at north for so many players to turn down such incredible offers.

We're going for established players firmly entrenched at clubs and said clubs have remunerated the ones that have stayed pretty well. Richmond made a record breaking deal to keep Dustin but it's being presented by the media that he's a loyal player playing for peanuts.

I don't really engage in the tit for tat s**t that's spilled over from the D&T board, but if you want to continue to get caught up in it, be my guest.

We're going for established players firmly entrenched at clubs and said clubs have remunerated the ones that have stayed pretty well. Richmond made a record breaking deal to keep Dustin but it's being presented by the media that he's a loyal player playing for peanuts.

I don't really engage in the tit for tat s**t that's spilled over from the D&T board, but if you want to continue to get caught up in it, be my guest.
You're the one claiming the media is misrepresenting your club but your club was the one that made it public that you were going after a handful of absolute stars with insane offers, your coach even insinuated that his future could be effected by the failure to recruit said players. When it's the club itself putting itself in the firing line you have to wear the criticism for failure.

It was three of your posters who started the whole cross boards s**t fight, but yeah, kangas the victims.... again

Thought this thread was about Kelly. Is he still going to North?

If dusty and Kelly wanted to be in the hunt for premierships then they wouldn't be signing up with North Melbourne you'd think.

It was three of your posters who started the whole cross boards s**t fight, but yeah, kangas the victims.... again

Huh? Thought my post was a reasonable response to the post which was thinly veiled trolling at best. Do you not agree?

Player more than likely staying at his club, just like another last week, more power to them and congrats to those club. Sun will still rise in the morning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointed that Josh is looking to extend at Giants, not devastated. It's very hard to entice players who are content at their current clubs and it is always unlikely that they'll sign.
Most signings since free agency have been players who are unhappy, have nominated a destination or are late 20s looking to make the most of their last big contract.
Franklin is probably the standout poaching where he took the godfather offer.
Interesting that reports are that Josh has only extended for two years.
Clearly has an end game in mind.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would you join a club guaranteed to cop a finals flogging, fresh off the worst cheating in the history of the game?

Short memory.
Dude, the sanctions have finished?

Now we have a young list and the best facilities in the AFL with one of the biggest membership bases and attendance rates.

We lost to SYDNEY in SYDNEY. Have a look at the results for the last few games there bucko. We have a young developing list capable of beating teams like Geelong.

You can't get out of the past. The present is all that matters. I sincerely hope you land Kelly, but your club is the least attractive by 20 country miles.

Dude, the sanctions have finished?

Now we have a young list and the best facilities in the AFL with one of the biggest membership bases and attendance rates.

We lost to SYDNEY in SYDNEY. Have a look at the results for the last few games there bucko. We have a young developing list capable of beating teams like Geelong.

You can't get out of the past. The present is all that matters. I sincerely hope you land Kelly, but your club is the least attractive by 20 country miles.

Its more likely to be the media/AFL and don supporters that will pretend the Hird years didn't happen. It wasn't long ago.

But yes, normally the media would put some of the blame on the coach when players don't turn up. Not with Scott, somehow its the club.

Dons hanging in there but circling the depths of the barrel. The media generally fluff them up. Even sycophants like Sam Newman must have an Essendon mate that warps his honest appraisal of the tulla laboratory.

Would you join a club guaranteed to cop a finals flogging, fresh off the worst cheating in the history of the game?

Short memory.

Thinking about it from a neutral's perspective, in the modern era honestly I'd want to start a small business venture on the side for when I retire and North's low exposure and small fan base would significantly reduce my power to generate money through AFL fame.

This is one of North's biggest modern day challenges.

A lot of star players now understand the value of an extra 100k social media followers.

Essendon are a massive club and can set you up after your footy life whereas North always carries that slight risk of relocation in 10+ years.

Why does something have to be off? They've gone after the top 1% of players in the league, whose teams are already have the premiership window opening and they're mates play there. Not everybody values $ as the be all and end all.

I think it may work out as a blessing for north in the end, hit the draft hard over the next couple of years and bring up their own champions from the beginning.

Why does something have to be off? They've gone after the top 1% of players in the league, whose teams are already have the premiership window opening and they're mates play there. Not everybody values $ as the be all and end all.

I think it may work out as a blessing for north in the end, hit the draft hard over the next couple of years and bring up their own champions from the beginning.
I think the second part of that is the issue. Under Brad name one player you could say has developed into a champion.

Thinking about it from a neutral's perspective, in the modern era honestly I'd want to start a small business venture on the side for when I retire and North's low exposure and small fan base would significantly reduce my power to generate money through AFL fame.

This is one of North's biggest modern day challenges.

A lot of star players now understand the value of an extra 100k social media followers.

Essendon are a massive club and can set you up after your footy life whereas North always carries that slight risk of relocation in 10+ years.
Not necessarily. Sounds like you're basing this on the back of your son of a drug lord, that smashed your salary cap.

Pet memberships don't pay the bills in retirement. 5 million over 10 years is a good base to set yourself up regardless of dodgy deals and false promises from boards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back