North Make Godfather Offer To Kelly

Remove this Banner Ad

Will it now be a joke when a player does sign at North?
Treloar, Issac Heeney, Martin, Hannebury & Kelly have now turned North down in the last 2-3 years.

Treloar, Issac Heeney, Martin, Hannebury & Kelly have now turned North down in the last 2-3 years.
To be fair I think every club could name 5 high end players that they've approached and not successfully won the services of.

However, not many clubs have had their offers publicized in the way that north have for the players you mentioned.

There was an article earlier this year that argued that getting Kelly AND Martin would be easier than getting either on their own because you could sell the 'brave new world' angle to them.

They'll have to start having an honest look at the coach. The Richmond type of stench stemming from him is hardly appealing.

Probably perfect timing in 2 years for Kelly to return.

Ready for a confronting truth?

In 2015 Robin Nahas (Playing for North) kicked the same amount of goals as your full forward, Levi Casboult......

Have a nice day.
Not as confronting as I was hoping for.
I'm really not surprised that a forward that played 18 games for a team that finished 8th (9th for inside 50s) and averaged 94 points per game beat out a forward that played 16 games for a team that finished 18th (17th for inside 50s) and averaged 69 points per game, while spending time in the ruck.

To be fair I think every club could name 5 high end players that they've approached and not successfully won the services of.

However, not many clubs have had their offers publicized in the way that north have for the players you mentioned.

Is there conclusive evidence anywhere that this is the case though? Happy to stand corrected.

Don't get interest confused with actually putting in an offer.

Is there conclusive evidence anywhere that this is the case though? Happy to stand corrected.

Don't get interest confused with actually putting in an offer.
I wondered if I worded that badly.

North's efforts to recruit these guys have been widely publicized - just not sure if t was north doing the publicizing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wondered if I worded that badly.

North's efforts to recruit these guys have been widely publicized - just not sure if t was north doing the publicizing
It was north doing the publicizing. Every club goes after players but north are the ones that have been publicly making a song about who they are after. That's why they have to cop the criticism for the constant failure to lure players.

Time for an AFL grandfather offer -

Norths spare salary cap plus B Brown + Carlton's talented youngsters + Essendon's youngsters and Goddard (can't overly advantage the new club) = a new Tasmanian Devils Club and much needed increase in average quality across 16 teams and much needed rationalisation of Melbourne clubs.

Time for an AFL grandfather offer -

Norths spare salary cap plus B Brown + Carlton's talented youngsters + Essendon's youngsters and Goddard (can't overly advantage the new club) = a new Tasmanian Devils Club and much needed increase in average quality across 16 teams and much needed rationalisation of Melbourne clubs.

"Bloods" culture?

Not as confronting as I was hoping for.
I'm really not surprised that a forward that played 18 games for a team that finished 8th (9th for inside 50s) and averaged 94 points per game beat out a forward that played 16 games for a team that finished 18th (17th for inside 50s) and averaged 69 points per game, while spending time in the ruck.
Ben Brown 2017.

Heeney was a long shot. Hannebery was probably one phone call and Richmond were far more into Treloar than we ever were.

Heeney stayed in his home state. No issues there.

However, we got Richmonds best in to the back seat of the North-mobile and made it all the way to 3rd base until the guilts kicked in.

Bloody Cotchin standing outside, begging and peering through the fogged up back window!

Dammit!

Haha North are such an irrelevant club. The reason you can't sign anybody is because no one wants to play in front of a 15,000 crowd full of old people. You're club has no culture and no passion.

Heeney was a long shot. Hannebery was probably one phone call and Richmond were far more into Treloar than we ever were.

lol. Two of these chose to take unders. The other misjudged the Tiger list.

For President? I'm not sure what point you are making here? It certainly doesn't relate to the discussion we were having.
lol no clue.

I would imagine the people on here (who follow football) know what I was referencing. I wonder what I meant when referencing Ben Brown after you just made a big point about key forwards kicking less goals in a bottom team compared to a top team.

A handful of goals off winning the wooden spoon yet Ben Brown kicked 63 goals.

Haha North are such an irrelevant club. The reason you can't sign anybody is because no one wants to play in front of a 15,000 crowd full of old people. You're club has no culture and no passion.
So irrelevant but still the most talked about club to every other team. If we are irrelevant, you wouldnt be constantly commenting on them and thinking about them. You would be doing something else with your time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back