Prediction North Melbourne’s 10 best players ever - IN ORDER

Remove this Banner Ad

My list...based purely on simply knowing that whenever these guys were out in a North jumper you sensed something special was going to happen......

Greig / Schimma / Blight / Dench / Glendinning.......the Krakouers .....Archer....Mckernan........and of course the best of all time......Number 18.

The most courageous top 10

1. L. Colbert
2. A. Stevens
3. G. Archer
4. J. Law
5. J. Ziebell
6. W.Schimmelbusch
7. A. Swallow
8. J. Krakeour
9. M. Firrito
10.B. Cunnington

HM's: R. Smith, M. Larkin, B.Nettlefold, S. Kekovich, M. Martyn, B. Rawlings, S. Hickey, L. Thomas, K.Turner, R. Tarrant, J. McCartney, & S. Thompson
Great list.......

1. L. Colbert
2. A. Stevens
3. G. Archer
4. J. Law
5. J. Ziebell
6. W.Schimmelbusch
7. A. Swallow
8. J. Krakeour
9. M. Firrito
10.B. Cunnington

HM's: R. Smith, M. Larkin, B.Nettlefold, S. Kekovich, M. Martyn, B. Rawlings, S. Hickey, L. Thomas, K.Turner, R. Tarrant, J. McCartney, & S. Thompson

I would give an HM to David Teague, he eeked out an AFL career based primarily on courage.

And he took on the Carlton coaching job, that’s ridiculous courage.

I would give an HM to David Teague, he eeked out an AFL career based primarily on courage.

Yes, very good pick up Arden. No doubt I have missed a few.

1. L. Colbert
2. A. Stevens
3. G. Archer
4. J. Law
5. J. Ziebell
6. W.Schimmelbusch
7. A. Swallow
8. J. Krakeour
9. M. Firrito
10.B. Cunnington

Love the idea of this post.

Snake - Stevo speaks for himself , if be interested to hear your thoughts on how/ why Leigh rates number one.

I don’t dispute it but I think it would be nice to hear - perhaps for other younger than I why Leigh sits above Stevo and Arch in your experience.

Great list BTW!

Love the idea of this post.

Snake - Stevo speaks for himself , if be interested to hear your thoughts on how/ why Leigh rates number one.

Based on what I have seen over the years & because the Shinboner of the Century say's so.

Colbert was obscenely courageous. I remember a game against Sydney where Colby knocked out two Sydney players on two separate occasions, just going for the ball wide open, and then he knocked himself out the 3rd time doing the same thing again. He was reckless.

1. L. Colbert
2. A. Stevens
3. G. Archer
4. J. Law
5. J. Ziebell
6. W.Schimmelbusch
7. A. Swallow
8. J. Krakeour
9. M. Firrito
10.B. Cunnington

Great list, but J. McCartney ran into a burning nightclub and dragged some burning people out with him, sneak him a bit higher than an honorable mention maybe?

Based on what I have seen over the years & because the Shinboner of the Century say's so.

Colbert was obscenely courageous. I remember a game against Sydney where Colby knocked out two Sydney players in different instances, just going for the ball wide open and then he knocked himself out the 3rd time doing the same thing again. He was reckless.

FYI - says video unavailable;(

My experience was the same.

Also - in the midst of the Carey saga - Colby stepped up big time to help steady the ship and was a big player in keeping the group on track and together.

Great list, but J. McCartney ran into a burning nightclub and dragged some burning people out with him, sneak him a bit higher than an honorable mention maybe?

There's a lot more to that than an act on a footy field, so I rate it accordingly.

Jason was a courageous player in his own right aside from that incident.

FYI - says video unavailable;(

My experience was the same.

Also - in the midst of the Carey saga - Colby stepped up big time to help steady the ship and was a big player in keeping the group on track and together.

Must be a browser issue on your end.

There is no chance anyone is ahead of Arch as the most courageous player! Stevo and colbert played in the Arch era and Arch won the most courageous aflpa a record amount of times!

I'm not a media inspired judge mate.

If that's your view, then I respect it.

The thing with Arch is, yes, he was insanely courageous, but more times than not when he was making contact it was to hurt an opposition player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no chance anyone is ahead of Arch as the most courageous player! Stevo and colbert played in the Arch era and Arch won the most courageous aflpa a record amount of times!

The point of these lists is for people to share their personal experiences and perspectives of players.

There is no correct answer!

The fun and learnings are in the discussion aren’t they?

Aren’t you curious why a person rates some higher than a player you consider head and shoulders number 1?

I am!

1. L. Colbert
2. A. Stevens
3. G. Archer
4. J. Law
5. J. Ziebell
6. W.Schimmelbusch
7. A. Swallow
8. J. Krakeour
9. M. Firrito
10.B. Cunnington

S McCann worthy of an HM ?

The point of these lists is for people to share their personal experiences and perspectives of players.

There is no correct answer!

The fun and learnings are in the discussion aren’t they?

Aren’t you curious why a person rates some higher than a player you consider head and shoulders number 1?

I am!
Yeah it would be fascinating to gain some insight into why the shinboner of the century isnt rated the most courageous player of all time in som minds.. whether he went in to hurt or not, he put his body on the line constantly

Yeah it would be fascinating to gain some insight into why the shinboner of the century isnt rated the most courageous player of all time in som minds.. whether he went in to hurt or not, he put his body on the line ALL the time whether he was inspiring pain or not!

Shinboner of the Century is not solely an award given for courage mate.

Colbert was obscenely courageous. I remember a game against Sydney where Colby knocked out two Sydney players on two separate occasions, just going for the ball wide open, and then he knocked himself out the 3rd time doing the same thing again. He was reckless.

Being reckless is usually being foolish and courage is usually something done in bravery.. same tree different branches

No, the winning of (CMIIW) 6 robert rose Most Courageous, which voted by your peers, and holds the record for such an award constitutes being the most courageous the comp has seen

Yeah, I'm aware of that.

Do you have an opinion that doesn't require googling?

Being reckless is usually being foolish and courage is usually something done in bravery.. same tree different branches

Ultimate bravery is going for the ball in the knowledge you can receive injury.

Lol.

The coaching equivalent of standing under the high ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back