North Melbourne 2016 Player Highlights (11/1/17 - Ben Brown)

Remove this Banner Ad

12Chill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda

Really enjoyed that! Lots to look forward to with BB considering this is his first pre-season. Hopefully he can up his goal tally to above 50 along with improving his contested marking. Will be very intresting to see how he goes as the number 1 player in the forward line!

Surprising amount of goals out the back or turning an opponent inside out in there. In particular a number of goals out of very quick boot to ball movement. Not overly captured in the highlights but my gut says that Brown started to really turn a corner when it comes to contested marking around the middle of 2016. Before that he was okay, after around the mid point I felt he became a quite reliable relief option, particularly given he was getting more attention by then with Petrie's indifferent form and Waite out.

Surprising amount of goals out the back or turning an opponent inside out in there. In particular a number of goals out of very quick boot to ball movement. Not overly captured in the highlights but my gut says that Brown started to really turn a corner when it comes to contested marking around the middle of 2016. Before that he was okay, after around the mid point I felt he became a quite reliable relief option, particularly given he was getting more attention by then with Petrie's indifferent form and Waite out.
That one against the Eagles tight in the pocket, arsey or not, was I reckon the best NM goal of the season. And Atley's was pretty bloody good.

That one against the Eagles tight in the pocket, arsey or not, was I reckon the best NM goal of the season. And Atley's was pretty bloody good.
LT's at Adelaide oval from the pocket was a cracker too.

And the commentary on all was astonishingly s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back