Prediction North Melbourne 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Keen to see a Rd1 22 from some Roos fans.
I don't follow them closely to know who slides in where.

Quite a high stakes game they're playing doing such a large turnover. But if they feel they can survive a bottom out and 3-5 year slow rebuild, then they aren't going into this blindly.
Can be testing for fans to embrace and sit through this sort of rebuild.

Keen to see a Rd1 22 from some Roos fans.
I don't follow them closely to know who slides in where.

Quite a high stakes game they're playing doing such a large turnover. But if they feel they can survive a bottom out and 3-5 year slow rebuild, then they aren't going into this blindly.
Can be testing for fans to embrace and sit through this sort of rebuild.

It's obviously going to depend on the draft and what we get in the trade period and what DFA's we get, but with the current list

On the assumption all of Brown, Higgins and Polec go:

B: Corr Tarrant Vickers-Willis
HB: McDonald McKay Perez
C: Dumont Cunnington Scott
HF: T.Thomas J.Walker Zurhaar
FF: C.Taylor Larkey Ziebell
R: Goldstein LDU Simpkin
I: Hayden Bonar Atley Comben/Garner

There's still a decent amount of experience left in there.

Last edited:
And you get the prize for irrelevant comment of the day.

BF: North have a sh*t list, they need to do something.

North: Okay, watch this.

BF: North have done too much, off to Tasmania.

******* trolls without an ounce of common sense between the lot of you.
Mate, the game needs to move on from the vfl. Tassie is desperate for a team. Melbourne has too many.

I don't think a Fremantle supporter is one to talk about club relocation due to no success either when you've won 4 more premierships than them.
Haha.
But this is a north Melbourne discussion.
Since the inception of freo in 1995 the dockers have won 0 premierships.
How many have the Saints & Melbourne won? Bulldogs have won 1.
It sucks but it does not mean we are financially unsuccessful ..

Neither are we. North are hundreds of thousands in debt but there or 2-3 clubs in worse positions, in millions of debt.

The strong shall protect the weak. I propose West Coast buy out these struggling teams and set them up as successful feeder clubs. Subsidiaries, if you will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wanting to trade out Cunnington, Brown, Higgens.. I have not seen a club blow itself up like this ever.. North are going to be awful for at least 10 years.. A club like Carlton could handle that, we had Mathieson and Pratt and a huge supporter base.. I am not sure North can survive it..

Not sure they can be much worse than this year?

Most of the guys they've given the chop didn't contribute at all this season, and the ones on the trade table aside from Higgins didn't do a whole lot this year.

Guys like LDU, Simpkin, Thomas, Zurhaar, Larkey, McDonald all had solid seasons and should go on with it in 2021, Perez came in late and looked promising as well.

A fit Cunnington and Ziebell still gives them some mature bodies, plus they've got plenty of room to bring in some good first round picks (they already have two in the first round) with Higgins and Brown likely to be a late first or second round pick trade depending where (if) they go. Polec would likely just be a cheap salary dump trade.

They can bring in a few mature bodies as FA's to join the draftees on top of that.

It's obviously going to depend on the draft and what we get in the trade period and what DFA's we get, but with the current list

On the assumption all of Brown, Higgins and Polec go:

B: Corr Tarrant Vickers-Willis
HB: McDonald McKay Perez
C: Dumont Cunnington Scott
HF: T.Thomas J.Walker Zurhaar
FF: C.Taylor Larkey Ziebell
R: Goldstein LDU Simpkin
I: Hayden Bonar Atley Comben/Garner

There's still a decent amount of experience left in there.

Would be 3rd in the SANFL.

I think North are ahead of where Carlton were when we started our rebuild. We had two quality young players before the 2015 draft. Cripps and Docherty.

Mate, the game needs to move on from the vfl. Tassie is desperate for a team. Melbourne has too many.

Why would it be North Melbourne? In March 2020, North Melbourne had a debt of $650,000. And while that may be larger now, so too would that of other clubs. For example St Kilda in February 2020 was reported to have a debt of $12 million.

Why would it be North Melbourne? In March 2020, North Melbourne had a debt of $650,000. And while that may be larger now, so too would that of other clubs. For example St Kilda in February 2020 was reported to have a debt of $12 million.
Because idiots in the West haven’t moved on. It is low hanging fruit going after North, or any other small team for that matter.

It is like the special needs kid in the back of the class, hey have to have a chance to say something.....

16th - 18th.

3-6 wins, assuming a 22 game season.

If Cunnington rips it up, then maybe as high as 13th. They definitely rely on him immensely.

I thought the worse for the Dogs in end of 2014 - Higgins, Cooney, Griffen, McCartney (coach) Garlick (CEO) all gone.

North is more drastic by numbers but as long as they have the right person in charge it can change quickly from doom and gloom.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back