Prediction North Melbourne 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol why?

Why is it North is only allowed 1 season at the base of the ladder?

Carlton, Melbourne, Brisbane and even Richmond to an extent had a leave pass for well over a decade. The former 3, for basically 2 decades and are still going.....

For some reason, all of our picks need to be home runs so we climb after 1 year?

We will finish in the bottom 2 and hopefully Jason Horne is pulling on the North jumper in 2021 and he's joing Elijah Hollands, LDU, Jy Simpkin and Tarryn Thomas in what would look like the formation of a formidible young midfield.
We didn't get a leave pass.. We got crucified in the media and on here... So suck it up mate cause you will be copping it until you dig yourselves out of the hole

If North did not beat the Lions last game 2017 they would have been last. And probably drafted Rayner which would have sucked for us
True. Rayner would of helped north. Freos pick 5 in Adam cerra would of helped north too. But north chose LDU instead

Lol why?

Why is it North is only allowed 1 season at the base of the ladder?

Carlton, Melbourne, Brisbane and even Richmond to an extent had a leave pass for well over a decade. The former 3, for basically 2 decades and are still going.....

For some reason, all of our picks need to be home runs so we climb after 1 year?

We will finish in the bottom 2 and hopefully Jason Horne is pulling on the North jumper in 2021 and he's joing Elijah Hollands, LDU, Jy Simpkin and Tarryn Thomas in what would look like the formation of a formidible young midfield.
I am not here to pot shot your team or your fans or your coach. You need to be realistic.

Like Carlton, Freo, Brisbane. I think north have to spend 3-4 years in the bottom 4 or bottom 6 to get some quality youth with those 1st, and 2nd round picks and hope to get a solid player or 2 on the rookie list.

You might have to keep 2-3 of those 30 year Olds in the best 22 to protect the young kids.

But as stated, this draft will be important. Your team has pick 2 and demon's 1st rounder which is pick 10-12.

Saying that. Cutting 11 players on the list is a big statement. Thats 6-8 players in the main squad and 3-5 in the rookie list.

It seems North this season are going to get 6-8 players in that 18-20 year Olds and 4 years later are 22-24 year Olds with 40-60 games under the belt.

I would be surprised if north get out of the bottom 6 in 2021.

If it's a 17 game season, I see them get 3-5 wins. If it's a 22-24 games season next season, it see them get 4-8 wins.

I don't see North go winless, it's not in Norths character or culture

2021 might be a long year and I just hope we are competitive. I take some hope from the fact that we were competitive against West Coast in round 18 with only 2 of the delisted players in the team- Durdin and Murphy who did little anyway. I think we will have a reasonable team for round 1 but if we have a poor run with injuries like this year we might be in trouble through lack of depth. I wait with interest to see how we fill the gaps in the list but am hoping that with list reductions we can pick up some useful players delisted elsewhere and of course that we find some gems in the draft

If North did not beat the Lions last game 2017 they would have been last. And probably drafted Rayner which would have sucked for us

True. Rayner would of helped north. Freos pick 5 in Adam cerra would of helped north too. But north chose LDU instead

LDU could still turn out to be a better player than Rayner & Cerra honestly - he certainly has the tools to be a star.

Kane Cornes bangs on about Carlton choosing Walsh over Rozee, but the real mistake is Brisbane choosing Rayner over Naughton - the Lions would certainly wish they had their time again there.

Rayner is probably the only Number 1 pick bust since Paddy McCartin really - all the others are having a big impact :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Wanting to trade out Cunnington, Brown, Higgens.. I have not seen a club blow itself up like this ever.. North are going to be awful for at least 10 years.. A club like Carlton could handle that, we had Mathieson and Pratt and a huge supporter base.. I am not sure North can survive it..
We don't want to trade Cunnington. Stop making s**t up.

LDU could still turn out to be a better player than Rayner & Cerra honestly - he certainly has the tools to be a star.

Kane Cornes bangs on about Carlton choosing Walsh over Rozee, but the real mistake is Brisbane choosing Rayner over Naughton - the Lions would certainly wish they had their time again there.

Rayner is probably the only Number 1 pick bust since Paddy McCartin really - all the others are having a big impact :thumbsu:

I think Rayner will come good, not exactly a bust, but can see the argument that others in his draft would have been better pick ups like Naughton and LDU.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will be aight. Lot of people mistake our youth as spuds. Clean out some of the veterans and you’ll see them come good. With potentially more games and shorter games cardio won’t need to be tiptop see lot of younger guys come on quicker.
I don’t think North’s youth are spuds. Simpkin, LDU, Zurhaar, Thomas, Larkey, Taylor, Scott etc is a solid base of youth to build around. I don’t think the low expectations for next year come from a perception that North’s youth is bad. I actually think that North could have a Fremantle type year next year if they keep all their senior guns and develop the youth. It doesn’t seem like North is interested in that route though. By pushing/letting Brown, Polec, Higgins etc go, it seems pretty clear that North are doing a full rebuild. That doesn’t mean things can’t turn around in a few years with good development and drafting, but it’s hard to see anything but a bottom two or three finish next year with the decisions North is making at the moment.

2021 will be their ladder position
Maybe we can get priority picks and number 1 picks like your club and we can move up the ladder like your club and BTW
How’s Jack Watts Tom Scully Jack Trengrove and Jimmy Tompus going just have the feeling if your club can get an injury free run out of those players a Grand Final is on the cards in 2021.
Then with that you could stop being the b:(th of the Collingwood Richmond and Hawthorn football clubs as your club is the unwelcome trash of the MCG Co Tennents and your only there in name as the MCC bow to those 3 clubs and if a Essendon wanted to come back to play full time the MCC would get rid of you in a heartbeat.
Now for my club we can finish 4042 on the ladder next year and I know we won’t be a BIG 3 club
EG:West Coast Richmond Collingwood and we might not had much such success as your club as we didn’t win flags in the pounds and six pence era like your club but as a club we had our success in the decimal currency and GST Era can you say that about your club.
So to finish up we might be down atm but I can say this we will win a flag before your club ever will.
Now drink to that with your pims and the rest of your mt Hothem BMW 4 wheel drive snob supporters.

Had just about enough of these lippy new money Sandgroper campaigners advocating for the fire sale of 150 year old clubs...when you run out of priceless Indigenous cutural sites to obliterate for the rocks underneath, the karma is going to be mighty sweet...
Do you realise that Rio Tinto, who blew up the indigenous cultural sites, are actually based out of Victoria?

Maybe we can get priority picks and number 1 picks like your club and we can move up the ladder like your club and BTW
How’s Jack Watts Tom Scully Jack Trengrove and Jimmy Tompus going just have the feeling if your club can get an injury free run out of those players a Grand Final is on the cards in 2021.
Then with that you could stop being the b:(th of the Collingwood Richmond and Hawthorn football clubs as your club is the unwelcome trash of the MCG Co Tennents and your only there in name as the MCC bow to those 3 clubs and if a Essendon wanted to come back to play full time the MCC would get rid of you in a heartbeat.
Now for my club we can finish 4042 on the ladder next year and I know we won’t be a BIG 3 club
EG:West Coast Richmond Collingwood and we might not had much such success as your club as we didn’t win flags in the pounds and six pence era like your club but as a club we had our success in the decimal currency and GST Era can you say that about your club.
So to finish up we might be down atm but I can say this we will win a flag before your club ever will.
Now drink to that with your pims and the rest of your mt Hothem BMW 4 wheel drive snob supporters.

Now that is quite a meltdown.

Woah!

Look there's probably more than a couple of points out of that diatribe, but I'll pull you up on one.

We are not an MCG tennant, all of you other peasant gypsy clubs need to show some respect.

I'd say Gibbs over Selwood or Macgrth over Mcluggage/Tarranto.

Not out and out busts, just a good player. I reckon LDU will come on nicely too.

It's obviously going to depend on the draft and what we get in the trade period and what DFA's we get, but with the current list

On the assumption all of Brown, Higgins and Polec go:

B: Corr Tarrant Vickers-Willis
HB: McDonald McKay Perez
C: Dumont Cunnington Scott
HF: T.Thomas J.Walker Zurhaar
FF: C.Taylor Larkey Ziebell
R: Goldstein LDU Simpkin
I: Hayden Bonar Atley Comben/Garner

There's still a decent amount of experience left in there.
Anderson?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back