Club Focus North Melbourne 2021 - Greenwood, Coleman-Jones, Horne-Francis, Goater, Curtis, Bergman, Archer

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

I liked Lachie Young, I think he's the type that will be very good when he hits that 50 game mark. Kicks the ball low and hard and a very good judge of the ball in flight. I think he's much better behind the ball. Unfortunately he wasn't going to get enough senior opportunity for a year or two, sometimes players just have to move for that reason.
Being wasted on a wing atm.

Campbell is a decent stop gap but they also have Xerri in the VFL who has shown some good signs too.
Tommy's one of the best blokes in football so would no doubt be doing what he can to help the kids develop.

Philips and Lazzaro said as much in an interview.

Tough off season for the Roos, out of contract guys are few and far between;

(aacording to Footywire.com)

Aaron Hall, Aiden Bonar, Atu Bonsevaguli, Ben McKay, Connor Menadue, Dom Tyson, Jack Ziebull, Josh Walker, Kyron Hayden, Lachie Young, Matt McGuiness, Pat Walker, Robbie Tarrant, Shaun Atley, Taylor Garner, Tom Campbell, Trent Dumont, Will Walker

aminimum of 4 delistings will need to come from the unbolded players. Dom Tyson and Connor Menadue are pretty easy, With Jacob Edwards on his way in, Tom Campbell may very well be on his way out whilst two more should be found from any number of those kids.

You could very well trade out a guy or two in an attempt to garner more top 30 picks, unsure if anyone you're willing to let go is worth anything, perhaps Ziebull or Atley as free agents.

Currently picks 1, 20, 38, 70

Pick 1 gets you a very good young player in Jason Horne, should slot into the round 1 2022 team. At pick 20 surely you go looking for runners with good skills? 38 onwards is speculative so just gobest availableon your draft board.
TYson,McGuinness,Walker to be delisted
Atley and Dumont to go by either Free Agency or traded Campbell to retire

McGuinness will stay he’s a category b rookie in his second year we have nothing to lose keeping him 1 more year

from your others that’s 3 senior list gone but I think Dumont will stay tbh and 2 rookies
I’d trade Polec for anything

I reckon Hall and Atu to the rookie list to open more senior list spots

McGuinness will stay he’s a category b rookie in his second year we have nothing to lose keeping him 1 more year

from your others that’s 3 senior list gone but I think Dumont will stay tbh and 2 rookies
I’d trade Polec for anything

I reckon Hall and Atu to the rookie list to open more senior list spots

Hall would be top 5 in our BNF - There is absolutely no chance that he is getting rookie listed.

I think this is around the mark and I don't see Garner going on.

I think this is around the mark and I don't see Garner going on.

Garner is an interesting one. Shown glimpses of talent (kicked a brilliant set shot goal from the boundary against *) but never really seemed to get his act together consistently..

Think another club would give him a shot if North decide to let him go.

Garner is an interesting one. Shown glimpses of talent (kicked a brilliant set shot goal from the boundary against *) but never really seemed to get his act together consistently..

Think another club would give him a shot if North decide to let him go.

If by "act together", you mean he has been constantly injured for 9 years, you would be correct.

He's played 70 games in 9 years in all competitions.

It would be akin to me saying Sam Docherty didn't get his act together in 2018 and 2019 or Kruezer was a dud because he never got his act together...

Garner's hamstrings are made of tissue paper.

North's problem is he seems to turn it on for a dozen games in his contract year, gives us hope, then gets injured for full seasons again.

Last edited:
Would be ludicrous for North to stick with Garner for years, offer him a contract at the end of last season and then dump him as soon as he starts to get on the park and show something. Barring another injury he surely stays

Would be ludicrous for North to stick with Garner for years, offer him a contract at the end of last season and then dump him as soon as he starts to get on the park and show something. Barring another injury he surely stays
Yep, if he can get through 2021 without injury offer him a 1-year contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not that we offered it per se, there was a bunch of blokes playing for their careers and he was the only one that showed he wanted another chance with his last couple of games. If he's consistent, he'll get another year probably. Depends on the coach really, who I believe wasn't here for that contract. He's also only on the park because the injury lists is so deep so I reckon it's not that ludicrous. We spent 18 months getting Majak back walking again and dumped him the second he was out of contract so we have form.

Whispers around Trent Dumont getting offers from opposition clubs (FA) - Can see us letting him go if he wants. Unsure of what that gets us in terms of compo.

Scotty Clayton has indicated that the draft will be our lifeline this year again, so expecting us to take another 4 picks.

Can see us going with the following:
- MSD Pick 1 Edwards
- Pick 1 Horne
- Pick 20 Best Available (running defender or KPF)

Gives us 3 high quality prospects to go with our already strong group of youth.
we also have pick #13 in the mid season draft as well...

Halls 31 this year and at the start of the year would have been a certainty to be delisted putting him in the rookie list still means he can play if needed but will free up a senior list spot
He wont be rookied. He will go to another club and get 2 years easy.

Hall would be top 5 in the b&f. He deserves another contract.

Coaches votes in 4 of the previous 5 games before ess.
He’d get the same contract just makes room on our senior list

and rookies can still play, clubs can shift players directly to the rookie list without needing to delist that player first

No it doesn’t limit his contract

the only difference is a certain amount of rookie wage doesn’t count towards the cap he can still get paid more than that rookie amount which will fall in the cap
In doing so making him a free agent where he can move to a club of his choosing for the length of contract he wants.

No it doesn’t limit his contract

the only difference is a certain amount of rookie wage doesn’t count towards the cap he can still get paid more than that rookie amount which will fall in the cap

I cannot wrap my head around your posting, do you genuinely think before you post?

Why on earth would Hall accept a rookie position after his most consistent year for the club?

He is by far our most damaging HBF.

I cannot wrap my head around your posting, do you genuinely think before you post?

Why on earth would Hall accept a rookie position after his most consistent year for the club?

He is by far our most damaging HBF.
He’s turning 31 in November he’d be lucky to get a contract anywhere. Accepting a rookie contract holds no difference to a senior contract other than what falls under the cap

its incredible how short Sighted you are

in case you forgot we aren’t challenging for a flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Back