Club Focus North Melbourne 2022 - Logue, Tucker, Sheezel, Wardlaw, George, Harvey, Drury, Free, Howe, Turner

AFL Club Focus

What priority picks should North get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Spreadsheet created by Lore and Taylor, using data from footywire and AFL Tables. Version above maintained by giantroo.

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rather we didn’t apply at all based on that outcome.
Its more than anyone else got this year and those future picks can get you a mid tier player and having 2 extra rookie list spots allows for greater list flexibility. You have Clarkson on board, a relatively new fitness team, building a new recruitment team..I'd say plenty to look forward to with a lot of top end young kids from previous drafts and pick 1 to come this year

I like it

18 year old kids won't make them competitive next year, they need to bring in mature players

Not sure how they get all the deals they want to get done with just those picks though. They may have to get think outside the square.
Future second for Logue and Tucker.
Future third for Clark. Easy.

Its more than anyone else got this year and those future picks can get you a mid tier player and having 2 extra rookie list spots allows for greater list flexibility. You have Clarkson on board, a relatively new fitness team, building a new recruitment team..I'd say plenty to look forward to with a lot of top end young kids from previous drafts and pick 1 to come this year
It’s considerably less than previous pp considerations for other clubs, no matter how you frame it. We had a stronger case than some previous awardees that received far higher bounties, so to speak.

North are now stuck with the stink of applying for priority picks for a fairly low reward, that still puts other clubs out of whack. As I said, I rather we didn’t ask at all.

Last edited:
Seem to recall a lot of banter from North supporters that they were guaranteed their full 6000 point application. At best they've been given 1431 points if it's a beginning of 2nd and 3rd rounds; worse if tied to ladder position and coming after their pick.

Stronger negotiating power is also given to the club dealing with as the picks must be traded for players. Use it or lose it effectively.

Looking forward to your meltdown when the Crows trade pick 5 for Rankine that the system said they could have for free:)
Wait - are the Crows stone motherless last, with the first pick in the PSD?

Because I was sure that was a much shitter side that us.

Back