Club Focus North Melbourne 2022 - Logue, Tucker, Sheezel, Wardlaw, George, Harvey, Drury, Free, Howe, Turner

AFL Club Focus

What priority picks should North get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Spreadsheet created by Lore and Taylor, using data from footywire and AFL Tables. Version above maintained by giantroo.

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Gentlemen, I am shocked, shocked to hear you have such low expectations for our club for 2023.
Haven't you heard that Jared Polec's foot is feeling better.

You forgot the bit where we lost draft picks, easy mistake I am sure it was just an oversight on your behalf.
You shouldve lost your club and the AFL should’ve sent your licence to Tassie, but nah Gil just drops the number 1 pick in the back pocket, a little tap on the bum and you’re on your way.. haha * me sideways..

Alright neutrals.
There’s a crazy rumour getting picked up in Roos and Saints circles that hunter clark gets done by swapping our 2023 first rounders.
Assuming there’s something to it… What do you guys and gals reckon?
Sounds like a crazy masochistic death ride to me. I'm in. What could possibly go wrong?

Sounds like a crazy masochistic death ride to me. I'm in. What could possibly go wrong?
Friendship Hold Hands GIF by Thelma and Louise

I’m happy the AFL is protecting the integrity of the draft.
They always have looked after the clubs and even getting these picks across to North is a stretch.

We have enough young talent running around under Clarko next year in JUH, Daicos and Ashcroft that really a priority pick this year isn’t needed.

I just hope the next time Gold Coast or Carlton are struggling the AFL give them the same level of generosity that we received. It’s only fair and fairness is what the AFL is all about.

Think IF they get Clark to formally request a trade, St Kilda dont let him go unless a first is involved, even two low Future 2nds probably doesnt do it.

Think the plan will be to break up pick 1 with GWS if they can swing it and send a lower 1st for Clark
Can't see them doing that for Clark given his injury history and form history. He has been a solid player but hasn't held his value early 2nd is right on for him

Think IF they get Clark to formally request a trade, St Kilda dont let him go unless a first is involved, even two low Future 2nds probably doesnt do it.

Think the plan will be to break up pick 1 with GWS if they can swing it and send a lower 1st for Clark
If we finish say 16th next year it's picks 21-22 Stkilda could package them up and get a good pick tho, We can't

If we finish say 16th next year it's picks 21-22 Stkilda could package them up and get a good pick tho, We can't
Maybe but for a team that see's itself as competing, getting future picks for a young contracted player and delaying getting talent in the door would be pretty unappealing.

The AFL will laugh at you. Cutting half the list and then wondering why it ends badly and then wanting PP’s…

You have enough kids you don’t need more you need to play less. Kids need to learn a winning culture and playing kids doesn’t do that.
Something ironic about this post.

Sydney supporters telling other teams how to rebuild is akin to playing monopoly with your kids and paying your debts out of the bank.

You gets bs gifts every year and can steal other teams father sons.

You literally don’t have a legitimate flag in 85 years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two F2's and two F3's should be close to enough for Logue, Tucker and Clark. Though the Clark one seems very strange to me. Either it is nonsense or there is something that we don't know yet. If he wants out, why? And why to us? The only reason to believe that there is something in it is that St Kilda haven't closed it down yet.

Something ironic about this post.

Sydney supporters telling other teams how to rebuild is akin to playing monopoly with your kids and paying your debts out of the bank.

You gets bs gifts every year and can steal other teams father sons.

You literally don’t have a legitimate flag in 85 years

Troll elsewhere thanks. This isn't the thread or the board for it.

Can PP pick be part of a pick swap? If not what if a low level steak knives player was part of the deal?

Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 7.12.04 PM.png

"...succumbing to peer group pressure and a strong desire to achieve success under the greatest coach of the 21st century, newly minted Brownlow medalist Patrick Cripps has requested a trade a North Melbourne"

Why would gws pay to go from 3 to 1 when theres no standout player for pick 1 though?

GWS just like shiny things from my experience. Pick 1 is shiny

Yeah but theres often a standout candidate for 1 (see jhf last year) but this year the top 7 is pretty even. I dont see the value for them in trading to 1 but you might be right and they do it.

Yeah but theres often a standout candidate for 1 (see jhf last year) but this year the top 7 is pretty even. I dont see the value for them in trading to 1 but you might be right and they do it.
They've done similar trades in the past

The draft may seem even to us but for recruiters they would have their favourites

Wasn't that long ago they gave up pick 16 (with later picks coming back) just so they could move up the order from 3 to 2

They took Taranto at 2, Mcgluggage who many had ranked higher went at 3

They'll have picks coming out of their arse

Back