Club Focus North Melbourne 2022 - Logue, Tucker, Sheezel, Wardlaw, George, Harvey, Drury, Free, Howe, Turner

AFL Club Focus

What priority picks should North get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Spreadsheet created by Lore and Taylor, using data from footywire and AFL Tables. Version above maintained by giantroo.

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Paul Roos is at North yeah? Very similar to when he led Melbourne’s rebuild, build the midfield first through the draft, trade for key position players later (Lever and May)

I remember him saying key position players are a hit and miss in the draft while mids usually are a much surer thing.

Darcy Moore would be perfect for North imo

This is all correct, albeit we'd started drafting mids with high picks before Roos came on board (Simpkin and LDU)

taylor lore mofra and whoever else i jus wanna say cheers for these lists you mob do a killa job. i have a question though is there a thread where i can see all ooc at once?
Takes a while to load but there's a mega spreadsheet combining them all here:

I haven't checked it in a while so when it does load let me know if anything is broken (other than a player having the wrong contract status, I can't do anything about that).

What happens with Zuhaar this year will be interesting. Salary cap and poaching of players in there prime are not things we have had to worry about for a while but both will be factors going forward. I’m not sure how much cap space Freo still have but I’m sure there already into Zuhaar!!!

What happens with Zuhaar this year will be interesting. Salary cap and poaching of players in there prime are not things we have had to worry about for a while but both will be factors going forward. I’m not sure how much cap space Freo still have but I’m sure there already into Zuhaar!!!

Cam seems very settled into Melbourne. Not sensing a big go home factor.

I think there is some risk of North becoming a Melbourne version of the Suns. They have a number of talented young players. Unfortunately they will become targets of other Clubs. They will struggle to retain what they have .

I think there is some risk of North becoming a Melbourne version of the Suns. They have a number of talented young players. Unfortunately they will become targets of other Clubs. They will struggle to retain what they have .
I think difference is most of our players are from Melbourne so have no gone go home factor like the suns

And have healthy cap space thanks to continually front ending to meet the min

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think difference is most of our players are from Melbourne so have no gone go home factor like the suns

And have healthy cap space thanks to continually front ending to meet the min

I am afraid the big Melbourne Clubs offer more - prospects of success, even cashies with coterie groups. media gigs while still playing etc.

This isn’t something that usually happens Horry, the thought of a Melbourne Suns is ridiculous and comes across as trolling. Melbourne and Carlton have been in worse shape than us for longer periods and they generally held their young lists (save for expansion sides). Young players know the better they are the more likely they’re going to a lower club, that’s the point of drafts. They also know those clubs are projects, like any club down the bottom and they also know clubs move up the ladder as they play more games together. Footy clubs have cultures that prevent things like this happening (especially Vic clubs with longer histories). These kids know that they aren’t gonna win it all straight away, the main thing is keeping them happy and healthy and getting them good enough to deserve to win a flag.

This isn’t something that usually happens Horry, the thought of a Melbourne Suns is ridiculous and comes across as trolling. Melbourne and Carlton have been in worse shape than us for longer periods and they generally held their young lists (save for expansion sides). Young players know the better they are the more likely they’re going to a lower club, that’s the point of drafts. They also know those clubs are projects, like any club down the bottom and they also know clubs move up the ladder as they play more games together. Footy clubs have cultures that prevent things like this happening (especially Vic clubs with longer histories). These kids know that they aren’t gonna win it all straight away, the main thing is keeping them happy and healthy and getting them good enough to deserve to win a flag.

Fair points and I was not trolling. I strongly agree about the healthy and happy point. It is a challenge for many Clubs to keep their young emerging players. Having good wins and being competitive is vital sustenance to rebuilding Clubs and individual players.

Fair points and I was not trolling. I strongly agree about the healthy and happy point. It is a challenge for many Clubs to keep their young emerging players. Having good wins and being competitive is vital sustenance to rebuilding Clubs and individual players.

You know me mate, I always think you’re trolling a little bit ;)

You’re right though in that it is a challenge but I think the proof shows young players are pretty loyal. The Queensland clubs of course have had their moments. The odd Cerra gets loose but generally the compensation is good.

The good thing is all the talk out of the club is how close knit the kids are. They’re not the problem at the moment. They will eventually be the solution.

Lucky they picked up Hugh Greenwood.... could have been really bad without him

I quite enjoyed Jordan Dawson's match winning performance this weekend.

He will be a very good player for Adelaide many years to come.

You have to wonder how much longer the Sydney experiment can persist when their elite young talent walks out on them like that.

You have to wonder how much longer the Sydney experiment can persist when their elite young talent walks out on them like that.

True. I am a great supporter of replacing the failed Docklands and building a beautiful ground on the site of the old Lake Oval. (I note North fans obviously loathe it as well). We would play 8 H7A games there, 2 at the G and 9 at the SCG, 1 v Tas and 2 v GoCo/Brions/Port/Crows/Freo/WCE. Sound fair?

Long time with the academy

True. I am a great supporter of replacing the failed Docklands and building a beautiful ground on the site of the old Lake Oval. (I note North fans obviously loathe it as well). We would play 8 H7A games there, 2 at the G and 9 at the SCG, 1 v Tas and 2 v GoCo/Brions/Port/Crows/Freo/WCE. Sound fair?

Docklands wouldn't have allowed a dangerous shambles as we saw with Buddy's 1000th

Need to get rid of Aaron Hall. Is an absolute culture killer. Empty possessions and playing 17 v 18 when defending.

Back