MVP North Melbourne Board's Poster of the Year

Remove this Banner Ad

.....and, of course, my co-conspirator, The Other Dean.

Jim-and-Plato-rebel-without-a-cause-30654658-500-197.gif

Whatevs, Plato.

Where's my damn vote?

Before I get to the votes, I first wanted to start with some shout-outs for the year. I usually try to name as many people as my crap memory can recall, and I’ve gone the same route again this year. Only this time around I’ve broken it down into sub-categories and awarded shiny medals. Which I think you’ll agree, is pretty exciting.

I’m not going to bother tagging anyone in because right now you’re reading this post, so there's really no point.

*Okay, first off we have the recipients of the US Electorate Medal for excellence in the field of POTY voting (in voting for me):
Roozee, RobZombie, astrovic, roospur, Lavy_Panther, Dodecahedron, Hojuman, Flawed Genius, ArjenTheGreat, KiwiRoo, Mr Blonde, and Jay-Z.

*The Tony Shaw Medal for posters whose opinion on footy I rate as top shelf:
Btron, Twinkletoes, Flawed Genius, kangaspurs, RobZombie, Only Forwards, astrovic, remfan101, Hearts2Hearts, and Black2Blue.

*The Bob Saget Medal for services to comedy:
Arden, see see, Orange Peanut, SMaturin, Arthur Cloke, roos rool, and Jeremy Jordan.

*The Billy Joel Medal for posters who work (on a whole range of subjects) I rate or enjoy on a regular basis:
ferball, Kimbo, LuvtheKangas, big_e, Spider Burton, D23D, Zondor, toepoker, Devington, Passmore, Grogg, utility, shintemaster, year of the roo, Thewlis Dish, GN80, scottywiper, blackshadow, Horace, muttley, Mr Reliable, Groucho, Roo Beauty, and Shermanator.

*The Dermott Brereton Medal for succinctly cutting through bullshit in impressive fashion:
hilly, Harris 10, and Egga.

*The Donald Trump Medal for those posters who are able to keep a cool head and balanced perspective at times when the natives are restless:
MrJoel, Stiff Arm, Mr Blonde, and phillyroo.

*The Humphrey B. Bear Medal for those chatty, high-workrate posters who never fail to keep conversation and threads moving:
Gasometer, Hojuman, Dodecahedron, and Roozee.

*The Kardashian Family Medal for posters who actually do stuff around here:
The Mods (excluding TFW of course), and giantroo.

*The Alan Jones Medal for broadcasting excellence:
Kangaroos4eva, Jay-Z, Quiv, Nate, and philly.

*The Popeye10 Medal for posters that should post more often (but as it is show great taste with their ‘likes’):
Kangayroo, Deddy, and Hannem.

*And last but not least, the Julian Assange Medal for best overseas-based posters:
Lavy_Panther, ArjenTheGreat, KiwiRoo, ozzy oslo, and Tim.

Obviously, there are some whose names I have missed unintentionally, and some that I have omitted on purpose. If your name isn't listed above, I'll leave you to work out which one of the two it is.

And so to the votes –

3. RobZombie – never fails to post in an intelligent, articulate, and insightful manner. Always interested to hear his thoughts not just on footy, but pretty much anything really.

2. Flawed Genius – taken huge strides as a poster and I reckon it’s worth acknowledging. Some of his post-match analysis this season was right up there with the best I’ve seen on Bigfooty.

1. ArjenTheDouche – since the trend seems to be some touchy-feely crap about giving credit to those posters who have been the catalyst for some of our best work, I suppose I better throw a thank-you vote his way. He is indeed a quality poster. Living proof that you don’t have to be right to be entertaining. Literally the only player stalker on Bigfooty who doesn’t seem like a s**t bloke.

Great stuff. Well done, y'all.

I will seriously have to consider going into the BF draft next yer.

Before I get to the votes, I first wanted to start with some shout-outs for the year. I usually try to name as many people as my crap memory can recall, and I’ve gone the same route again this year. Only this time around I’ve broken it down into sub-categories and awarded shiny medals. Which I think you’ll agree, is pretty exciting.

I’m not going to bother tagging anyone in because right now you’re reading this post, so there's really no point.

*Okay, first off we have the recipients of the US Electorate Medal for excellence in the field of POTY voting (in voting for me):
Roozee, RobZombie, astrovic, roospur, Lavy_Panther, Dodecahedron, Hojuman, Flawed Genius, ArjenTheGreat, KiwiRoo, Mr Blonde, and Jay-Z.

Btron, Twinkletoes, Flawed Genius, kangaspurs, RobZombie, Only Forwards, astrovic, remfan101, Hearts2Hearts, and Black2Blue.

Arden, see see, Orange Peanut, SMaturin, Arthur Cloke, roos rool, and Jeremy Jordan.

*The Billy Joel Medal for posters who work (on a whole range of subjects) I rate or enjoy on a regular basis:
ferball, Kimbo, LuvtheKangas, big_e, Spider Burton, D23D, Zondor, toepoker, Devington, Passmore, Grogg, utility, shintemaster, year of the roo, Thewlis Dish, GN80, scottywiper, blackshadow, Horace, muttley, Mr Reliable, Groucho, Roo Beauty, and Shermanator.

*The Dermott Brereton Medal for succinctly cutting through bullshit in impressive fashion:

*The Donald Trump Medal for those posters who are able to keep a cool head and balanced perspective at times when the natives are restless:

*The Humphrey B. Bear Medal for those chatty, high-workrate posters who never fail to keep conversation and threads moving:

*The Popeye10 Medal for posters that should post more often (but as it is show great taste with their ‘likes’):

*And last but not least, the Julian Assange Medal for best overseas-based posters:

Obviously, there are some whose names I have missed unintentionally, and some that I have omitted on purpose. If your name isn't listed above, I'll leave you to work out which one of the two it is.

And so to the votes –

3. RobZombie – never fails to post in an intelligent, articulate, and insightful manner. Always interested to hear his thoughts not just on footy, but pretty much anything really.

2. Flawed Genius – taken huge strides as a poster and I reckon it’s worth acknowledging. Some of his post-match analysis this season was right up there with the best I’ve seen on Bigfooty.

1. ArjenTheDouche – since the trend seems to be some touchy-feely crap about giving credit to those posters who have been the catalyst for some of our best work, I suppose I better throw a thank-you vote his way. He is indeed a quality poster. Living proof that you don’t have to be right to be entertaining. Literally the only player stalker on Bigfooty who doesn’t seem like a s**t bloke.

Doing the maths and I reckon if there was another six awards and between 10-15 posters got nominated for each, I might sneak in for one of them. Can't be too disappointed with that!

So you couldn't take the big cheque to the bank? Disappointing.

Will novelty cheques die out now a generation has never seeen an actual cheque, btw?
That's a good observation. About the only time a cheque is used these days is to pay the deposit on a house bought at auction. So that means pretty much everyone under the age of 30 living in Melbourne, Sydney or Perth will never have use for one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whoever uploaded the Brad Scott picture that is Firestarter's avatar gets my vote.

Even if meant sarcastically,that would be me. Taken from a HUN article.

I'm sure my Bye Bye Brad thread will get plenty of traffic next year, with a good coach i think this talented young group could go places.

As for votes, that's a bit silly so I'll put down my favourites.
KingCorey
Twinkletoes
RobZombie
BTron
Astrovic
Zondor
HuntersHost3 (nowhere near enough love for HH3 in this thread - quality over quantity exemplified)
Giantroo for his videos
Naturally North
Tazaa
Arjenthegreat
Hojuman
Taz
Heaps of Fun
Kangaspurs
Hearts to Hearts
Phillyroo
Mr Blonde
Grogg
Kimbo
Passmore
RoosFanatic08
DonkeyChop

Most posters are worth reading and I'm sure I've missed a few, but importantly massive credit to the mods for seamlessly running this crazy joint :thumbsu:

Last edited:
I'm putting Billy Joel Medalist on my resume, greatest non work achievement

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

ferball, Kimbo, LuvtheKangas, big_e, Spider Burton, D23D, Zondor, toepoker, Devington, Passmore, Grogg, utility, shintemaster, year of the roo, Thewlis Dish, GN80, scottywiper, blackshadow, Horace, muttley, Mr Reliable, Groucho, Roo Beauty, Marstermind, Hunters Host, Heaps Of Fun, and Shermanator.

Also, massive shout out to jozeph and the big lebowski.

And so to the votes –

My first medal, honoured.

I feel me posting a pic of my ugly mug has damaged my chances this year.

We really should just call the poster of the year awards the GRs. Assume he's going to win. Give him a badge on his account. And let someone else bloody win! (kidding mate. Love your work)

We really should just call the poster of the year awards the GRs. Assume he's going to win. Give him a badge on his account. And let someone else bloody win! (kidding mate. Love your work)

I was going to post mine but I was worried Bradley Cooper would be stopped all the time getting asked about memes gifs and jokes as opposed to football analysis...which of course is what we all come here for...and that.

Nah...yours was easily the gutsiest thread of the year.

Kudos to you!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back