Strategy North Melbourne Coaching Changes 2020 & Beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Tim Watson throws Matthew Knights name into the mix.

Of course he would! No thank you!!

Yeah, and its just my thoughts here, but it seems like a bit of a daunting proposition. We're going to hit the draft, de-list 11, trade our best 2 and we also need to find a new coach. Credit to him for being onboard and wanting to go all in.

Isn't not that dramatic.... they aren't our best two players.... it has been deemed brown is surplus to requirements and higgo while still a useful player he was shunted out of position last year to allow for dev. We have delisted 11 but that was needed and also necessary due to cap size... we have 3 pretty good draft picks maybe one or two more that we will then use in draft or trade.... to me it's a great time to start.... blank canvas have a say in the remaining 6 senior spots both trade and draft, some great youth to work with, a good base built by Shaw, no deadwood to carry as cleared out before you and also a very senior person next to you.... it's not as daunting as you make out

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I reckon Patch Adams would be perfect if they have Blakey and Roos for support. Ideally he would have had a couple more years as an AFL assistant but he is already there so is all over the current situation and is a true Shinboner who gave everything for the jumper. Very good coach when he was at Coburg.

I like patch and yes good word about him.... he was only dev last year so this year prob gain more experience as a line coach before giving him the big one

I reported this tweet for slander and am targeting 9. Wont arise to anything but if enough people call out her bullshit who knows what might come of it.

Has he been digging into Bomber S Thompson's stash?

I like patch and yes good word about him.... he was only dev last year so this year prob gain more experience as a line coach before giving him the big one

I love Patch and he's got a fantastic footy brain. But I think we need someone with more experience at AFL level. Another 2-3 years I think Patch would be cherry ripe to take on a senior coaching role.

This is throwing darts at a moving dart board in the dark.

• No one knows the extent of Rhyce's ailments. Are we covering a year, are we covering 6 months, are we replacing entirely, will Rhyce come back as an assistant? People may think they know but I would guarantee that what ever you know is predicated in part on assumption. Assumption opens the door to incorrect.
  • There is this prevailing idea that we are lining things up to get Simmo back. This is pretty Risky. I mean we have generally had a risk adverse football club, but this move would be letting go of all that and then jumping head first into some really risky s**t. For the sake of this, lets say that we are going hunting for someone to sit in the seat for only 2 years while we fingers crossed watch Simmo get to a position where he wants to leave West Coast. So we go out to market, we find someone to sit in the seat, this person then gets a hand in everything, recruitment, tactics, development. So they will begin to shape things in a way that maximises for them what they think is best. Meaning that in a couple of years we are 2 years down the pathway to an unknown destination with a driver we have every intention of sacking anyway. This doesn't sound all that smart, and it is also dependant upon Simmo leaving. What if West Coast win the flag next year? Simmo extends and then there we are watching like wall flowers, with someone we don't truly want anyway.
  • Payouts and the soft cap. It may just be me but wouldn't any "Payout" be covered by work cover? If so the narrative around it being an impediment to us is flawed from the outset. This is not even really taking into account the scenario where Rhyce returns, big chair or assistant. I think that there is a pathway to both. From what I have seen the media seem to be treating this like we sacked Rhyce. To my understanding this is very far from what is happening. I hope that Rhyce still sees North as his football club. I definitely still see Rhyce as one of us. As for the soft cap, honestly other than to take digs at us trying to justify their position of us being rabble why would anyone care? I would be willing to bet no other club administration would care if a payout on the grounds of medical reasons was not counted towards the soft cap. whats more who knows where our soft caps actually sits? how close are we that this is a potential issue? we had 3 blokes and a dog in Syria this year. We were probably going to run lean again next year.
  • Silence from the club. Ok so this one I think we need to be better with. The statement was ok and I respect the initial radio silence due to the sensitivity of the situation. However we look a bit devoid strategy here. Where there is no information assumption will fill the void. When that assumption is being made by gutter snipes like Barrett and Wilson it is going to be negative. We need to be better at it because at the moment we are nothing at it. The speculation is wild and rife and they are lining up to take shots. I hope someone from the club is taking down names and

From my POV if we need to replace Rhyce, we need to go through the proper selection of a coach. Not one to warm a seat, one that his vision and drive and a plan to achieve number 5. To do otherwise IMO is folly and setting us up for a prolonged period where we cycle through players. Pushing us more towards a Melbourne/Carlton shitfulness era.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Caro categorically say last night that Roos wouldn't be at Arden St?
She said this 13 years ago a million times and was wrong on each occasion. Still is.

I wouldn't mind Blake Caracella but I think we need experience and he's only just arrived back at *

Choco Williams is the man imo. I've heard nothing but good things from his time spent at GWS, Richmond, and Werribee.

Choco - Coach
Blakey - Senior Assistant
Boomer - Forward coach
Patch and Gavin - Development
Rhyce - Defensive coach is he's up for it

The rest: whoever.

I wouldn't mind Blake Caracella but I think we need experience and he's only just arrived back at *

Choco Williams is the man imo. I've heard nothing but good things from his time spent at GWS, Richmond, and Werribee.

Choco - Coach
Boomer - Forward coach

Roos as mentor too

All I remember is his Essendon team was pretty great to watch. Often it would fail but I liked watching them.

What's the reason people are putting a line through him?

Been around for a while and known more for strategy than a leader of men I thought.

Choco - Coach
Boomer - Forward coach

You angling for a comeback too Cam?

1603162074039.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back