Strategy North Melbourne Coaching Changes 2020 & Beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

roos_fanatic08

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just throwing another name in the mix "Sumich" has stood down from WA state development coach, was an assistant with Freo.
Definitely a solid coach for a young building team.
Always thought he’d make a fantastic coach, His track record of developing younger players is seriously impressive.

From what Ive been told his development and ability to get the most of a players talent is really exceptional but he lacks game day match sense and Tactical nous.

The Other Dean

Whirling Dervish
May 29, 2006
El Ek-Triq, Qatar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
View attachment 990632

Potentially we can lure Zane Littlejohn from Brisbane. Thoughts?
By the looks of it, he needs to ease up on the pingers a little.

You move from side to side and I swear those eyes follow you. He's like a painting on the wall in a Scooby-Doo cartoon.

P.S. Hope this helps.

rickety

Premium Gold
Nov 3, 2007
Postmans' Reef
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
swfc, carrum cowboys
By the looks of it, he needs to ease up on the pingers a little.

You move from side to side and I swear those eyes follow you. He's like a painting on the wall in a Scooby-Doo cartoon.

P.S. Hope this helps.
I reckon he goes all the way back to Robin Hood time if we Ancestry.commed him

King Corey

Jun 9, 2001
Windy Hill Safe Injecting Room
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
What's worse that means at the end of each game he's going to tear off his face to reveal he was Damian Barrett all along.

New_Roo

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Lenny Hayes at gws is another I’d consider
He quit gws... what was the reason there. Wanted to come back to Mel, got another job?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

giantroo

Bleeding Blue and White
Sep 23, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Chicago Bulls
He quit gws... what was the reason there. Wanted to come back to Mel, got another job?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Stepping away from the game.

There are also changes afoot to the Giants' coaching staff with St Kilda great Lenny Hayes and forwards coach Brad Miller to leave the club.

The Giants say Hayes and Miller, who both have young families, are seeking opportunities away from the game. Miller is not with the club in its Queensland hub.

Joycey

Debutant
Suspended
Oct 20, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The interesting thing with Caracella is both he and Rutten were given a lot of praise for being the masterminds behind Richmonds turn around. Both go to * but it's Rutten given the nod. Does Caracella want to be a head coach? Is he content with just being back at *? Was he sold on the Rutten partnership again?

He'd be one the first I'd call because he's probably looking at 3 years (minimum) before getting a look in as * coach (if that's the end goal).

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
The interesting thing with Caracella is both he and Rutten were given a lot of praise for being the masterminds behind Richmonds turn around. Both go to * but it's Rutten given the nod. Does Caracella want to be a head coach? Is he content with just being back at *? Was he sold on the Rutten partnership again?

He'd be one the first I'd call because he's probably looking at 3 years (minimum) before getting a look in as * coach (if that's the end goal).
I'm sure I've read somewhere that Caracella is happy to be an assistant.

Snake_Baker

L'enfant terrible
Apr 24, 2013
inside your head
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I would be giving Gary Ayres a call. pleanty of afl finals coaching experiance, hasnt won an afl Big dance but won premierships with the borough so definately is a good matchday coach and motivator.

He also sets no bullshit standards. IMO, he has been a big influence on Port Melbourne's stability as a VFL club.

kool kangas

Premiership Player
Sep 2, 2007
Burnside
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne Vfl
He also sets no bullshit standards. IMO, he has been a big influence on Port Melbourne's stability as a VFL club.
Was he 1 of the candidates for the senior coaches job last year? l seem to recall somewhere that he was very happy to stay at Port Melbourne at that time..

Snake_Baker

L'enfant terrible
Apr 24, 2013
inside your head
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Was he 1 of the candidates for the senior coaches job last year? l seem to recall somewhere that he was very happy to stay at Port Melbourne at that time..
I don't remember that being the case, and he's probably better viewed as a senior head to have around the place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King Corey

Jun 9, 2001
Windy Hill Safe Injecting Room
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
I don't remember that being the case, and he's probably better viewed as a senior head to have around the place.
Don't recall that either. Freo and crows were the only clubs that seemed to meaningfully cast out recruiting nets at all and don't remember his name being discussed.

kool kangas

Premiership Player
Sep 2, 2007
Burnside
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne Vfl
l think it was in an interview on the ground after a finals game when they had lost and he said he was happy at Port Melbourne and wasn't looking at going anywhere...it was a few years ago though...

KillaKanga

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2011
If I'm online I'm at work!
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston CelticsRedSoxBruins
Bomber Thompson is the only * man any good and he showed some fortitude falling out with Sheedy and joining Pagan.

The others - Caracella, Hird, Harvey, Watson et al are all * sycophant/disciples and should not be touched with a barge pole.
What if the barge pole was being used jousting style?

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
l think it was in an interview on the ground after a finals game when they had lost and he said he was happy at Port Melbourne and wasn't looking at going anywhere...it was a few years ago though...
yeah and iam generally happy with a piece of flake and minumum chips untill someone offers some scallops and lobster.

scooby1279

Norm Smith Medallist
May 15, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
kangaroos
thinking out loud... I wonder if Paul Roos has been calling the shots already? Did he work with Jade Rawlings while coach at Melbourne?

Remove this Banner Ad