Strategy North Melbourne Coaching Changes 2020 & Beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Just rereading this I truly hope you minced your words.

If the preferred target is the same one who you said asked for a longer term upfront..

..Suddenly 2020 to this point will feel like a premiership year.
Is this the same candidate that Scoob was eluding to with his sparkling water remark?

Don't be fooled by Schofield's record. With the talent Subi has they could be coachless and win flags.

On Pixel 3a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Because of his coaching they became a great side
Don’t be fooled

Does anyone like Sparking, still and flavoured bottled water?

Just how exact are you with that wording?

If were going to target anyone I would go after Blake Caracella and Craig Macrae. Adam Kinglesy do not want. Neither do I want Voss.
I honestly would be making the phonecall to Simmo. He really is the outstanding candidate. Surely he'll want to return home soon. West Coast are due for a mini rebuild after 2 lacklustre finishes.

Whats Schofields coaching resume read like. Anyone have the details handy?

Reckon he'd make a good " Godfather " type to oversee a new coach.
4 x premiership's
2 x Norm Smith
And l think running Port Melbourne on the smell of an oily rag ( see North ) would have given him a great insight into how to compete v the big boys.

He'll be $$$$$ cheap too !
He doesnt take s**t. Would work with brady very well.

If were going to target anyone I would go after Blake Caracella and Craig Macrae. Adam Kinglesy do not want. Neither do I want Voss.
I honestly would be making the phonecall to Simmo. He really is the outstanding candidate. Surely he'll want to return home soon. West Coast are due for a mini rebuild after 2 lacklustre finishes.

Whats Schofields coaching resume read like. Anyone have the details handy?

2019-current Port Adelaide Football Club midfield coach
2013-2018 Subiaco senior coach (WAFL)
2012-2013 Claremont assistant coach (WAFL)

WAFL

Subiaco premiership coach (2014, 2015, 2018)

Don't be fooled by Schofield's record. With the talent Subi has they could be coachless and win flags.

On Pixel 3a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well they didn't win one for six seasons prior to his arrival, then made five straight grand finals, culminating in an undefeated season. He probably wins five flags in a row if Peel didn't stack its GF sides with Freo-listed players in 2016 and 2017.

Agree state-based competitions should be viewed with a grain of salt when it comes to coaching, but I think sustained success at any level is the mark of a decent coach.

2019-current Port Adelaide Football Club midfield coach
2013-2018 Subiaco senior coach (WAFL)
2012-2013 Claremont assistant coach (WAFL)

WAFL

Subiaco premiership coach (2014, 2015, 2018)
Legend.
So I reckon Schofield and McRae are my two preferences.

Why is the momentum s**t hot on Adam Kingsley and crickets on Craig McRae?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Legend.
So I reckon Schofield and McRae are my two preferences.

Why is the momentum sh*t hit on Adam Kingsley and crickets on Craig McRae?

It's the WAFL mate.

I'd like to think more of it but I can't compared to coaching at the top level.

The Jesus care to pitch to us?
What is your plan?
I'm going to hire Hutchy as my right hand man because clearly that campaigner knows everything.

I'm putting Carro on as the midfield coach to teach the basics. Nobody goes lower and harder than Carro

And I'm bringing on Tom Browne as the ruck coach because I want my rucks to do not think and that flog hasn't had an original thought in 25 years.

From there mix it up between angry and praise with no reasoning for either to keep the players on edge.

Point lots

Get rid of pointless meetings

Whenever I'm walking around the club and people look busy, I'll act like i'm sending an email on my phone.

Bring back the bif

Free lap dance with every coffee

I'm going to hire Hutchy as my right hand man because clearly that campaigner knows everything.

I'm putting Carro on as the midfield coach to teach the basics. Nobody goes lower and harder than Carro

And I'm bringing on Tom Browne as the ruck coach because I want my rucks to do not think and that flog hasn't had an original thought in 25 years.

From there mix it up between angry and praise with no reasoning for either to keep the players on edge.

Point lots

Whenever I'm walking around the club and people look busy, I'll act like i'm sending an email on my phone.

Bring back the bif

So we're getting a coffee shop/strip club?

Ross Lyon is the best fit for us in my opinion. I think he will have learnt a lot watching footy this year and if he can balance out the ball movement part of his game plan he is the best fit for our club right now - give him 5 years to develop his own team/culutre, hes close to blakey, close to roos, close to pagan, will understand our culture and will get us to be respected again.

He has an amazing record at Etihad as well

I understand his press and how it works so defensively he is sound - we all know that - its his structure ahead of the ball on transition and from stopped plays as well as the ball movement restrictions which he has to change/evolve - but i think you can do that when you draft elite talent/ball users with speed.

Thats where i would be heading for us re coach
St Kilda and Freo are laughing their arses off at thid

Point lots

Bring back the bif

F096904B-923B-4C33-A617-F9CA315C9237.gif

Well they didn't win one for six seasons prior to his arrival, then made five straight grand finals, culminating in an undefeated season. He probably wins five flags in a row if Peel didn't stack its GF sides with Freo-listed players in 2016 and 2017.

Agree state-based competitions should be viewed with a grain of salt when it comes to coaching, but I think sustained success at any level is the mark of a decent coach.

Add in helped us pinch a flag in 2012 as an assistant

Remove this Banner Ad

Back