Strategy North Melbourne Coaching Changes 2020 & Beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

So maybe "Better Call Paul"?

View attachment 991608

Perfect.

Roos would put them through a 2 hour general chat where he talks about the surf out his way, how he likes his coffee single ethical origin, how he loves the all the spare time to meditate but his "wife has told him to get out of the house more often lol".

The North staff are getting more and more fidgety, hungry and tired and wondering when the small talk will finish so they can get down to brass tacks.

The real shock comes at that point when Roos announces "ok guys, I've really enjoyed this initial meet and greet. I'm now happy to talk more seriously. I'll get my PA to call you to schedule in a proper 2 way screening chat, just so we can feel out each other's expectations and see if we want to go any further with this" (yells in background "Candace can you block out 4 hours next week for me to speak to some people in Melbourne thanks?").

Before any North staff can react Roos has stood up (revealing he was in speedos all along) and ended the call.

How did we get to a point where we need Paul Roos as a ‘consultant’ at our club.

So many ppl still with their head in the sand :(
Perhaps he and his wife will be working with the collective group in an off-field capacity to try and individually assess each player to figure out why the entire list played so s**t this year.

Now Official - Shaw is now gone

As for the next steps, over the past few weeks we have had to plan for several contingencies. One of those was to prepare to be on the hunt for a new coach and that search begins immediately.

We will establish a coaching panel setup and its aim will be simple: to identify and appoint the best coach available.

The successful candidate will have the opportunity to continue to build towards the next era of success at Arden St and work with one of the most talented groups of young players in the league.

Sam Mitchell

Time to cut out who we dont want.....Just look at the runner up and any new applications. As businesses and agencies say " if you have already applied for the position please do not re-apply"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Mitchell coach.

Sam Mitchell? Michael Voss?

People understand there is a human element to coaching right? That they need some empathy and people skills amongst their arsenal?

I get why you just spitball some players who had great playing careers but that's rarely translated to being a great coach.

Now with hindsight: we got rid of stable mediocrity a year early in turn for whatever crap hole we're in now.

So so many wrong decisions have been made. Giving brad an extra 2 years? mistake. then getting rid of him without someone in line? mistake. Getting rid support for Shaw (or not providing enough), mistake.

i'm not a happy camper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back