Strategy North Melbourne Coaching Changes 2020 & Beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Now with hindsight: we got rid of stable mediocrity a year early in turn for whatever crap hole we're in now.

So so many wrong decisions have been made. Giving brad an extra 2 years? mistake. then getting rid of him without someone in line? mistake. Getting rid support for Shaw (or not providing enough), mistake.

i'm not a happy camper.

And then creating a pandemic on top of all that. The club has really ballsed this one up.

Buckley said the club would immediately look for a new coach, with a replacement in coming weeks the preferred mode.

Port Adelaide assistant coach Michael Voss would be at the head of the queue, with Paul Roos not an option but likely to join the coaching search.

On that panel would be Buckley, CEO Ben Armarfio, football boss Brady Rawlings and several outside experts.

“Over the past few weeks we have had to plan for several contingencies. One of those was to prepare to find a new coach and that search begins immediately,” Buckley said.

“We will establish a coaching panel with a simple aim: to identify and appoint the best coach available.

“The successful candidate will have the opportunity to continue to build towards the next era of success at Arden St and work with one of the most talented groups of young players in the league.

“We will head to the draft with two first-round picks (currently 2 & 9) and will look to add more young talent through the trade and free agency periods.

“I have great faith in those leading the football department in Brady Rawlings, Scott Clayton, Mark Finnigan and Glenn Luff, to create something special and believe there’s a great nucleus of youth to build around and add to.”

A defiant Buckley declared the Roos would never move to Tasmania full-time, despite a whispering campaign about the club’s future.

Not sure voss is the right choice
Or to put it another way; surely, Voss is not the right choice.

Well. This is going to make for an interesting weekend. Who gives a s**t about any so-called footy match on Saturday. We'll have some other stuff to be thinking about.

Has Caro appointed any of our new coaches ? Are they all local Tasmanians ?

She's appointed Mark Neeld as senior coach and Michael Voss as list manager.

A defiant Buckley declared the Roos would never move to Tasmania full-time, despite a whispering campaign about the club’s future.
Whispering? I heard yelling.

"Over the course of the next 4 or 5 weeks we will aim to make an appointment" - Ben Buckley

"We will bring in people from outside the club that have a huge range of experience in football" - Ben Buckley

Ben Buckley has really stood up today. It’s seems apparent North were waiting to sort out the Rhyce issue before doing any verbal communication.
I’m rapt Ben come out and set the record straight
No doubt the three wise monkeys 🐵 (Caro, Barrett &hutchy) will have an issue with it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Mitchell

Now that's interesting, but I suspect he's earmarked at Hawthorn.

Has Caro appointed any of our new coaches ? Are they all local Tasmanians ?

We could appoint the reincarnated Jock McHale and she would still find a way to shitcan it.

Players wont want to come to a club without a coach....This needs to be sorted out ASAP....
Brendan McCartney was sacked as Bulldogs coach on 10 October 2014 and Luke Beveridge not appointed until 14 November. In that time, they recruited Shane Biggs, Joel Hamling and Tom Boyd. All three played in their premiership side.

The club didn't mention Michael Voss or any other asisstants fwiw.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’ll start it off. Who is it going to be? Blakely is the obvious choice but word is that he underrated himself and has already been knocked back a few times. Can Brady poach Simmo?

Would James Hird be too far out of the stretch especially with how it ended with Rhyce?

Would James Hird be too far out of the stretch especially with how it ended with Rhyce?
U WOT M8???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back