Strategy North Melbourne Coaching Changes 2020 & Beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Some better news with another candidate for the position. Garry Ayres is apparently interested. Which means we will have the "Cunningtons, the Tarrants and the Goldsteins" all playing for us, though sadly not the "Higgins's and the Browns". Still multiple version of those first 3 boys will go a long way towards solving our problems. Make it happen Euge.

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
Some better news with another candidate for the position. Garry Ayres is apparently interested. Which means we will have the "Cunningtons, the Tarrants and the Goldsteins" all playing for us, though sadly not the "Higgins's and the Browns". Still multiple version of those first 3 boys will go a long way towards solving our problems. Make it happen Euge.
What about the Thilthorpes?.. geez, Caro will create a saliva Tsunami squeezing that ripper out..

I loved Rhyces 2019.
I didnt love that years lowpoint being the disaster down in Geelong and of course 2020 in its entirety.

As disappointing as losing him is Im trying to be positive and I hope we bring in a coach who isnt defensively minded.
We practiced being a defensive side in 2020 and we sucked at it.
Full stop.

Blakey can worry about the defence I want a coach who still appreciates that kicking goals is important. Exciting times ahead

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I loved Rhyces 2019.
I didnt love that years lowpoint being the disaster down in Geelong and of course 2020 in its entirety.

As disappointing as losing him is Im trying to be positive and I hope we bring in a coach who isnt defensively minded.
We practiced being a defensive side in 2020 and we sucked at it.
Full stop.

Blakey can worry about the defence I want a coach who still appreciate that kicking goals is important. Exciting times ahead

I think this is a really good point. If you put any thought of Rhyce's and the hub's issues aside (which unfortunately you can't now), then it isn't unfair to say that he coached poorly in 2020 and he tried to implement a game plan that was unsuitable for the abilities of the list, or just plain bad.

Apr 29, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Someone tell Chris Fagan he's too old to work with a young list and fire him then.

The arbitrary age ratio of coach to player rule is now in place!

Agree re Fagan, but for me, the difference from the outside looking in, is that Fagan is so level headed which is perfect for a young group whereas Choco, to me, is far too manic with his emotions. He’s had his time.

My two cents worth!

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
I’ve cooled on Choco now that Rhyce has actually removed himself from the job. No need to worry about a stop gap, the coach should be the best candidate. If they are first time coaches, they will have Blakey and Crocker as sounding boards as well as Roos or whoever is signed up in a mentor role. Just get someone who can teach the young players and keep the older quality guys keen to stay along for the ride, and who wants to see the team play hard, contested and exciting football.

northbergs

All Australian
Dec 24, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Im hearing ya mate.

We’ve seen first hand how good he’s been at Subi and I’ve got a couple of mates who played under him and they reckon he’s a genius. Squeezes every ounce of ability out of his players and is tactically brilliant.

With the rebuild already in motion, he’s EXACTLY the kind of coach who would grow with his boys, he would be perfect us.

We would not be doing the process justice if he is not in our top 3 candidates to talk to. He’s been there as a player, has had sustained success as a Coach in the WAFL, has been integral in Port’s rebuild and also seems to be someone who will hold himself and represent the club well with the media.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You reckon?
I thought he had 50c each way
Very non committal
“ never say never” hmmm

"More unlikely than likely"

"Would like to stick it out and finish it off at Port Adelaide"

Also seemed to suggest he hadn't been contacted by the club (not surprising given it's been less than a week since Rhyce left)

I dunno, seems less than enthused about the opportunity

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Also seemed to suggest he hadn't been contacted by the club (not surprising given it's been less than a week since Rhyce left)

In other words he want's do be wined & dined.

Don't kid yourself Vossy, you're nothing more than a goon bag of fruity lexia and a drive in movie.

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
We would not be doing the process justice if he is not in our top 3 candidates to talk to. He’s been there as a player, has had sustained success as a Coach in the WAFL, has been integral in Port’s rebuild and also seems to be someone who will hold himself and represent the club well with the media.

Here’s a press conference he did a few years back. Very well spoken and composed, he would represent our club magnificently.

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

To me he seemed pretty genuine when he said he simply hasn't been contacted as yet.... and then followed up with the doesn't matter anyway as love what is happening at port at the moment

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If North Offered Voss 1mil per year he'd probably go but otherwise he likes Port Adelaide.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf

That’s funny. He expects us to contact him. He’s a ******* assistant coach, not John Kennedy Snr.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back