Strategy North Melbourne Coaching Changes 2020 & Beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I agree mate 2-3 years is not a crazy timeframe to be right amongst it with the right tailwinds.

Think we're just calling out the media spinning Buckley's words to suit their agenda.

We'll add some more class via the draft this year & next, and then I suspect trading will be a significant priority.

Cunners & Todd might still have a year left in them by then. We're going to arrive quicker than many expect, unless bad luck intervenes.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It takes luck to win premierships, but it takes vision, skill & hard work to put a team in to contention.

We can be there in 2-3 years time.

Add another 50 games to this lot + this years draftees:

View attachment 1017375
View attachment 1017378
View attachment 1017380
View attachment 1017382
Add another 50 games under the right system building together.
With 2 years worth of draftees we could almost make a full team of 22.
Pretty crazy when you look at what's coming with regards of the development in the playing group.

KillaKanga

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2011
If I'm online I'm at work!
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston CelticsRedSoxBruins
All good mate. If I'd seen headlines before listening to the audio I'd have prob done the same.
Funny thing is I don't usually jump at media headlines.

I'm actually bullish about our squad of under 24s and if handled well and complimented we'll be playing finals sooner rather than later.

I agree mate 2-3 years is not a crazy timeframe to be right amongst it with the right tailwinds.

Think we're just calling out the media spinning Buckley's words to suit their agenda.

Brad managed to get us into the eight in his third year, having gotten close in his first two years. We weren’t at all satisfied. Therefore, Buckley’s goals hardly seem outrageous.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Brad managed to get us into the eight in his third year, having gotten close in his first two years. We weren’t at all satisfied. Therefore, Buckley’s goals hardly seem outrageous.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nothing Buckley said was bad on this. Some of the media though have spun it like Buckley was expecting a flag inside 3 years.

So who are some experienced coaches not signed for next year yet at afl level that could fill 2 of the assistant roles or the vfl head coach role?

Dean Solomon is one that springs to mind

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So who are some experienced coaches not signed for next year yet at afl level that could fill 2 of the assistant roles or the vfl head coach role?

Dean Solomon is one that springs to mind
Sounds like brady and co had a couple of names already from listening to the Q&A.
Noble will obviously have some ideas too.
Got a forward and Mid coach to fill

Sounds like brady and co had a couple of names already from listening to the Q&A.
Noble will obviously have some ideas too.
Got a forward and Mid coach to fill
I'd want to fill the vfl coach spot first - that appointment is almost more important than the 2 line coaches with where we are at as a list

Don‘t rate “Sexy” Davey Loader?
Nope and thankfully already sacked loader - he’s now signed on with a the rebels under 18 team for next year

The vfl head coach appointment should be our number 1 off field priority atm - the vfl program needs a lot of work starting with recruiting players

speedy

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2001
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Paul Roos, who invited him and what is his motive?

By the sounds of it he has already made some club defining phone calls and now he is going to mentor every important person at the club? He’s like some puppet master lurking in the shadows.

I’m not saying it’s a bad thing but I do find it all very mysterious. I’ve always thought he held some resentment toward us ever since the 1996 GF. Did we offer him a big wad of cash or something? I just don’t get why he would be interested in being part of any sort of NM revival.

Is it the connection with Blakey? its funny how we now have an old Roy boys club forming at north.

Noble, Blakey, Roos & Clayton or played for Fitzroy and apparently Luffy used to be a fitzroy supporter.

By the sounds of it he has already made some club defining phone calls and now he is going to mentor every important person at the club? He’s like some puppet master lurking in the shadows.

I’m not saying it’s a bad thing but I do find it all very mysterious. I’ve always thought he held some resentment toward us ever since the 1996 GF. Did we offer him a big wad of cash or something? I just don’t get why he would be interested in being part of any sort of NM revival.

Is it the connection with Blakey? its funny how we now have an old Roy boys club forming at north.

Noble, Blakey, Roos & Clayton or played for Fitzroy and apparently Luffy used to be a fitzroy supporter.
Nothing wrong with old Fitzroy supporters, some have just taken longer to see the true path than others.

Why would Roos hold resentment about the 96 GF? We were far superior to them, surely he would acknowledge that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1606218997345.png

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I, for one, welcome our new Fitzroy overlords resurrecting dead clubs.

A factoid about my history of North support; my grandfather was the North Supporter and my grandmother was a rabid Fitzroy supporter of whom her parents were also Fitzroy supporters, but once they closed their doors it was all in on North.

So the roots for Fitzroy mysteriously run deeper than North for me but that was all before my time.

Looks like Noble has signed up one new coach.

Heath Younie

Heath Younie = The Campus

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Nope and thankfully already sacked loader - he’s now signed on with a the rebels under 18 team for next year

The vfl head coach appointment should be our number 1 off field priority atm - the vfl program needs a lot of work starting with recruiting players

Good luck to the rebels.

He had a Jade Rawlings, Barry Prendergadst kinda graph of success in his previous roles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back