Toast North Melbourne Debt free

Remove this Banner Ad

Been feeling pretty emotional about this all day. As a teenager growing up in Adelaide in the 90s as a Roos fan was tough, today seems to be the beginning of the new north, not only have we paid of the debt, we’ve done it without losing our identity, if anything we’ve grown it. Extremely proud of the way the club welcomed Dani back today, but just the general feel that everyone who walks through the door is able to be themselves, I love the fact Larkey is into his art, the bull does bloody cooking videos and all of the other players are able to express themselves and not be robotic.

the good times are just around the corner and it’s going to be oh so sweet

But where are the White Knights?

Seriously, just an awesome effort from everyone involved. A great day for the club 👍👍👍👍👍

"Cath thrapped Kangarooth" can now be consigned to the bin of history.

We’ve got 45k white knights - love this family of ours.

All opposition fans have lost their go to lines against us now.

Also giantroo magnificent work today - love ya brother

I need a “Love and bursting into tears“ option on this thread. So relieved, proud and happy.

Seeing Dani there smiling with old teammates and players is a very sweet extra pleasure. She and everyone would have known it would attract attention, but it’s a massive personal step and I’m so delighted she wanted to do it. Pretending it’s not a big deal and not worth a share of the headline is honestly not doing anyone any favours.

Props to Brad as well, not easy to come back to celebrate when you’ve been moved on.

TODAY NEEDS MORE EUGE.
U nailed it.

Been feeling pretty emotional about this all day. As a teenager growing up in Adelaide in the 90s as a Roos fan was tough, today seems to be the beginning of the new north, not only have we paid of the debt, we’ve done it without losing our identity, if anything we’ve grown it. Extremely proud of the way the club welcomed Dani back today, but just the general feel that everyone who walks through the door is able to be themselves, I love the fact Larkey is into his art, the bull does bloody cooking videos and all of the other players are able to express themselves and not be robotic.

the good times are just around the corner and it’s going to be oh so sweet
Great post!

The offseason of 2021 is shaping up to be one of the most defining offseasons since '07 and '92. Actually, '21 is almost a combination of the two - '07 off the field, and '92 on the field. We are building something very special!
With news like this and the hype surrounding JHF we could crack $50k members this year.

Hey brains trust. Sorry if this is an obvious question, just wondering who this bloke is next to Laidley?

Attachments

• F8EA1BC6-4D3B-43BE-A5D5-E47B2B405B7D.jpeg
    F8EA1BC6-4D3B-43BE-A5D5-E47B2B405B7D.jpeg
    104.5 KB · Views: 155
A little bit emotional over this one. The club was gone in 2007. To build what we have off the field since then - in terms of bricks and mortar, community roots and membership - whilst unfortunately being mostly mediocre on the field is a brilliant achievement. It was magnificent seeing so many significant figures from 2007 onwards all at Arden St today. It was beautiful symbolism. We have had some seriously good people through the club. Not all of them made all the right decisions all the time, but in my opinion from afar, none of them made mistakes through laziness or apathy. They worked hard and did their best. Great to see them there today.

A particular shout-out to Dani Laidley. Probably to be expected that her presence would be the lightning rod of the day. Great to see her happy and back home. Love remembering her dropping into the hole in front of Tony Lockett in the 1996 Grand Final. But forgetting all that, her performance as coach was very good. She took over a club on a serious downturn and with serious off field issues. She maintained a level of competitiveness through the most part, and her 2007 was incredible. Coming off a bland 2006, the Hay debacle, Thommo's knee, 0-3 and the AFL and media vultures believing they had a carcass, to finish Top 4 (the last NMFC side to do so) and win a final was significant in saving the club. Imagine the off field events of 2007 happening 12-months earlier. Although the issues were deeper than W/Ls, the on-field performance of 2007 demonstrated hope. True Shinboner. I believe another 7-15 season may have demoralised the troops. But making a Preliminary Final was a fine achievement. Thank you Dani.

Also, I hope Rhyce Shaw was invited today. A good man who did his best, who took over another serious downturn, made worse by global circumstances outside his control. Whilst not enough time may have passed, and actively involved at another club, I hope the scars on both sides aren't too deep.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A little bit emotional over this one. The club was gone in 2007. To build what we have off the field since then - in terms of bricks and mortar, community roots and membership - whilst unfortunately being mostly mediocre on the field is a brilliant achievement. It was magnificent seeing so many significant figures from 2007 onwards all at Arden St today. It was beautiful symbolism. We have had some seriously good people through the club. Not all of them made all the right decisions all the time, but in my opinion from afar, none of them made mistakes through laziness or apathy. They worked hard and did their best. Great to see them there today.

A particular shout-out to Dani Laidley. Probably to be expected that her presence would be the lightning rod of the day. Great to see her happy and back home. Love remembering her dropping into the hole in front of Tony Lockett in the 1996 Grand Final. But forgetting all that, her performance as coach was very good. She took over a club on a serious downturn and with serious off field issues. She maintained a level of competitiveness through the most part, and her 2007 was incredible. Coming off a bland 2006, the Hay debacle, Thommo's knee, 0-3 and the AFL and media vultures believing they had a carcass, to finish Top 4 (the last NMFC side to do so) and win a final was significant in saving the club. Imagine the off field events of 2007 happening 12-months earlier. Although the issues were deeper than W/Ls, the on-field performance of 2007 demonstrated hope. True Shinboner. I believe another 7-15 season may have demoralised the troops. But making a Preliminary Final was a fine achievement. Thank you Dani.

Also, I hope Rhyce Shaw was invited today. A good man who did his best, who took over another serious downturn, made worse by global circumstances outside his control. Whilst not enough time may have passed, and actively involved at another club, I hope the scars on both sides aren't too deep.
I was coming on here to say exactly the same thing. Word for word. Honest. :D

Brilliant post Marstermind. Summed up my thoughts, and I'd say many others perfectly. :thumbsu:

With news like this and the hype surrounding JHF we could crack $50k members this year.

Dont forget "stealing" Greenwood from the AFLs franchise club Gold Coast , getting Puma as the new sponsor to design our jumpers and taking CCJ from Caro's club The Tiggers... :laughv1: How sweet it is....

Beautifully put.

a0f46011f5262b65a4925c63cf94842e

geebus the media could have got a better pic of Dani, there is plenty out there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back