Grape Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 12, 2012
Middle of Nowhere
AFL Club
Fremantle
Have at it.

Positives:
- Pav continues to hold off Father Time. Kept us in it in the first and second.
- Fyfe is taking over the role of Atlas in this team. I hope he sticks thin as much as he stuck fat. We'd fall in a heap if he left us after 2017.
- Ballas and Sonny firing and dangerous when we got it there.
- Looking for long periods like the AFL team we were last year. Dominant for a time, but just couldn't capitalise.
- Weller, Langdon, and Pearce - loved these three. Even if they made mistakes and ran out of puff in the last, definitely had an impact. All look like players.
- We can score now. We just need to figure out how to defend at the same time.
- No Sandi vs Goldstein, but we didn't do too badly

Negatives:
- Turn overs. So many brain fades. Poor decision making. Killed us in the end.
- disappointing finish - no fight in the last. :(
- Poor conversion. So many scoring shots that we didn't capitalise on.
- Still too many passengers.

Last edited:

Very happy with our performance considering we sort of laid down in the 4th Quarter. Was actually happy watching the game compared to the last 3 weeks.

Loved Langdon and Weller, loved watching Moose in traffic and of course the usual Fyfe and Neale. Loved watching Mayne get some confidence back and taking the game on constantly, didn't stuff up once if I can recall correctly.

Big WTFs has to go to Hill, Barlow, Danyle and Ibbotson that game.

Taberner and Crozier not really showing effort to cement even a spot.

I was pretty happy with the effort for all of the game, except the first 10 or so minutes of the 1st and final 1/4's.
Some poor decision making and skill errors, but we can get this right!
better game from Mayne. Tabs should stay in next week....saw enough glimpses to think that if he strings a few games together, he will improve.
AP and Weller super efforts :)
All together, good signs. I will take loses as long as it looks like we are actually heading in the right direction.

Fast start hurt us. Poor shots on goal and turnovers hurts us more. Umpires had their say as well

Every week is an improvement. Tidy up our delivery and goal kicking plus tighten up our defense and we will see more improvement

Game was there for the taking we just couldn't/wouldn't get it done. Blues can expect a big game

8 over 30 players on our list. The most in the AFL. North with 7.
The difference is there's haven't slowed down and are in career best form. Our's appear to be in their last year of footy.

Its good we're playing a bit of youth. Our under performance is coming from the 100-200 gamers who seem to have fallen off a cliff.

Overall not a particularly surprising result, happy that we fought on and didn't put the cue in the rack when we were getting smacked in that last quarter.

Try and keep it civil folks. Trolls will be dealt with harshly so think twice before posting in here.

A much better showing today despite being undermanned, particularly in the middle. At 0-4 we have a long and likely painful road ahead of us but at least we're looking more like a proper AFL side, Weller/Langdon/Pearce look the goods and we have Carlton at home next week. We'll ******* smash Carlton at home.

Post-game discussion all in here thanks. Hopefully nobody plans on melting too hard today :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That first 15 minutes of the third quarter was the best football Ballas/SonSon played together in a long time. Just the space they got as well as the beautiful low passes was brilliant. Sadly SonSon faded big time for the rest of the game. Let's build on that as well as Mayne getting back into his usual self.

At least this week I don't have to sit back and say that was s**t.

The youngsters, along with Pav and Fyfe are showing the way. Time to get more games into them and start moving on from the Subans, Ibbotsens etc. Their time is well past unless they can turn their skill levels and decision making around.

I just pray we can beat Carlton next week or I'll lose all hope

Let's play these young guys for the rest of the season. Langdon, Weller, Pearce and Croizer should get more game time and focus on pushing out the older, one dimensional players. Barlow, D. Pearce and Suban should be under the microscope. Taberner was quiet in the first half, but thought he did well in the 2nd getting into the ruck as well as running along the wing.

I am now reasonably confident we can beat Carlton for 1 and 4. But only if we turn 2.5 quarters into 4.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

As depressing as it is to acknowledge, the second and third quarters were probably the best footy we've played all year.

Need to stick with the trend of the (gradual) ringing of the changes.

Tucker and Grey aren't going to offer any less than, say, Suban or Danyle at the moment. Ibbo and Barlow slightly behind them in firing line terms. Mayne a lot better today, but still on shaky ground. Plus a fit Harley and Mora to come in as well.

Collins is a more interesting proposition, because the key defenders haven't exactly been doing a whole lot wrong. Could be interesting to see if his inclusion frees up MJ a bit more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back