Coach North Melbourne Football Department Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I turned SEN on just prior to 9:00 and Gary Lyon was asking Tim Watson which club (North Melbourne or Melbourne) would be better for ‘him’ to go to? I have no idea who they were talking about! Can anyone elaborate for me?

Herald Sun reporting we're one of two clubs into Richardson with Crocker to be moved elsewhere in the club and have links to Henry Playfair from the Saints as defensive coach.

Richo for all his shortcomings is a gun assistant coach.

Was known in the industry as being the real yang to Ken Hinkley in Port's run a few years ago.

Was the only bloke that was able to bring him into line and really the only opinion Ken really listened too, they struggled for a period until they were able to get Voss into a similar position.

I think he's absolutely perfect for Shaw, especially as he's got the senior coach experience as well, he can morph from senior assistant to senior coach in terms of an advisory support role.

It's kind of similar to the NFL, not all the best offensive/defensive co-ordinators make the best head coaches for a variety of reasons, but they still remain the best offensive or defensive co-ordinator when they return to that role, as it plays to their main tactical/development/interpersonal strengths.

Last edited:
He's also ex-Sydney, prior to moving to St Kilda.

He was the forward coach during their last flag. 4 years fwds, 2 years as a defensive coach at Sydney. He's been St Kilda's backline coach the last 2 seasons.

Shaw will be cherry picking guys he knows are personally very good.

Richo/Playfair would be great appointments imo.

The dynamic of 2 x St Kilda coaches, one that was the others boss might be slightly interesting though, that doesn't happen a lot the very next season.

Last edited:
Richo for all his shortcomings is a gun assistant coach.

Was known in the industry as being the real yang to Ken Hinkley in Port's run a few years ago.

Was the only bloke that was able to bring him into line and really the only opinion Ken really listened too, they struggled for a period until they were able to get Voss into a similar position.

I think he's absolutely perfect for Shaw, especially as he's got the senior coach experience as well, he can morph from senior assistant to senior coach in terms of an advisory support role.

It's kind of similar to the NFL, not all the best offensive/defensive co-ordinators make the best head coaches for a variety of reasons, but they still remain the best offensive or defensive co-ordinator when they return to that role, as it plays to their main tactical/development/interpersonal strengths.

That does start to address some of my issues with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just quoting my post here.

AFL Team -

Carl Dilena - CEO - being replaced by Mark Brayshaw?

https://www.nmfc.com.au/afl/coaches

Brad Scott - Senior coach - GONE
Cam Joyce - GM Football - Departing, to be replaced by Brady Rawlings
Michael McMahon - List Manager - Departing?
Aaron Greaves - Head of Player Development - GONE
Rhyce Shaw - Assistant coach (Defence) - Senior Coach
Jarred Moore - Assistant coach (Stoppage coach) - ?
Darren Crocker - Director of Coaching and Midfield - ?
Leigh Tudor - Assistant Coach (Forwards) - ?
Will Minson - Assistant Coach (Rucks) - ?
Brent Harvey - Development coach
Jason Lappin - Football Performance Manager/Performance Analysis Manager - ?
Matthew Finnegan - National Recruiting Manager - ?

VFL Coaches - https://www.nmfc.com.au/vfl/coach-profiles

David Loader - Senior Coach
Gavin Brown - Senior Assistant/Development Coach
Brendan Whitecross - Development/Playing Coach
Robbie Waters - Assistant Coach (Midfield)
Ben Davey - Assistant Coach (Forward)
Matt Kershaw - Assistant Coach
Chris Jansen - Playing Assistant Coach

Confirmed Changes

Rhyce Shaw - Senior Coach
Brady Rawlings - GM Football

Last edited:
Gave the players a cook a few years ago and made them cry.

Based on last night's selections he's far too clinical to ever be given any potentially upsetting power.

Not if the enema coursing through Arden Street continues!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back