Coach North Melbourne Football Department Thread

Isn't Danny Daly Chris Fagan's right hand man/strategy coach ?
Went to Richmond during the early Hardwick years and then followed Leppitsch to Brisbane when he got the senior role.
Stayed on after he got sacked and has had a successful year finally under Fagan.

GUN ROOS ASSISTANTS ON THE MOVE

-JAY CLARK

North Melbourne assistant coach Leigh Tudor will depart the club, continuing the Roos’ coaching makeover.

Tudor, 49, was contracted for next season but yesterday told club officials he would move on.

Tudor was in charge of the forwards this season but was overlooked in favour of Rhyce Shaw for the interim coaching position.

After successful stints at Geelong, St Kilda and Sydney, he is certain to find a new job at a rival club.

Long-time assistant Darren Crocker is also set to move into a new position in the football department, while development coach Aaron Greaves also parted ways.

The Roos are on the hunt for an experienced assistant coach or director of coaching to help partner new senior coach Shaw.

Chief executive Carl Dilena thanked Tudor for his six years’ service.

“Leigh brought an incredible amount of premiership experience and knowledge to North,” Dilena said.

“He has been a tremendous asset to the club and we sincerely thank him for his service, and wish him all the best for the future.”

scooby1279

Norm Smith Medallist
May 15, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
kangaroos
GUN ROOS ASSISTANTS ON THE MOVE

-JAY CLARK

North Melbourne assistant coach Leigh Tudor will depart the club, continuing the Roos’ coaching makeover.

Tudor, 49, was contracted for next season but yesterday told club officials he would move on.

Tudor was in charge of the forwards this season but was overlooked in favour of Rhyce Shaw for the interim coaching position.

After successful stints at Geelong, St Kilda and Sydney, he is certain to find a new job at a rival club.

Long-time assistant Darren Crocker is also set to move into a new position in the football department, while development coach Aaron Greaves also parted ways.

The Roos are on the hunt for an experienced assistant coach or director of coaching to help partner new senior coach Shaw.

Chief executive Carl Dilena thanked Tudor for his six years’ service.

“Leigh brought an incredible amount of premiership experience and knowledge to North,” Dilena said.

“He has been a tremendous asset to the club and we sincerely thank him for his service, and wish him all the best for the future.”

How many positions has Darren Crocker had over the years?

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
This may or may not be acurate, but if Tudor was interested in the caretaker job/senior job and they gave it to Shaw anyway that would say even more about the impact Rhyce has made before and since arriving. Tudor’s record and experience at North made him the natural choice and this move might suggest he didn’t choose to take a back seat.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Out Tudor and Greaves - sidestep Crocker - coaching clean out is massive. Hope they have a plan B in place.
Probably not. Probably letting contracted people leave with no idea what to do next. Caro’s arrow incoming.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This may or may not be acurate, but if Tudor was interested in the caretaker job/senior job and they gave it to Shaw anyway that would say even more about the impact Rhyce has made before and since arriving. Tudor’s record and experience at North made him the natural choice and this move might suggest he didn’t choose to take a back seat.

Finally, thank you!! Am sure it will all come out in the wash. The guys that we're looking at will do us mighty fine of that I'm sure.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Finally, thank you!! Am sure it will all come out in the wash. The guys that we're looking at will do us mighty fine of that I'm sure.
Took ages to get it to accept that spelling.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I used to play indoor cricket with Lurker when we were kids.

If I had known what he was going to do in the 94 prelim, I would have busted his knee.

Anyway, good luck wherever you go Lurker.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
I used to play indoor cricket with Lurker when we were kids.

If I had known what he was going to do in the 94 prelim, I would have busted his knee.

Anyway, good luck wherever you go Lurker.

Alternatively whatever you didn't do was perfect.

They continued on into a grand final that saw their morale poleaxed for the next decade.

Our anger boiled over so much we took out all comers in the next Ansett Cup then won 2 flags.

Worked out ok in the end.

Back