Coach North Melbourne Football Department Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Was just thinking about Brad. He wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea as a coach but the man was a great salesman. You heard how he may have aspirations in the commercial world. Well given We have to pay him 600k for nothing. How about we get him to run the business side of the club for a year and see how he goes. Pat Riley in the NBA went from coach to front office. Could I trust him to not land us in Hobart? No I couldn’t. Could I trust any of these other blokes? No I couldn’t.

So in 2020 it's shaping as a first-time CEO (whom the Centre for Ethics Report found was essentially a cancer at CA), the AFL's equivalent of Stephen Bradbury as coach, three first-time assistant coaches, an untried GM of Footy, a List Manager's role that nobody of note seems to want to fill and a recruiting manager on the way out.

So in 2020 it's shaping as a first-time CEO (whom the Centre for Ethics Report found was essentially a cancer at CA), the AFL's equivalent of Stephen Bradbury as coach, three first-time assistant coaches, an untried GM of Footy, a List Manager's role that nobody of note seems to want to fill and a recruiting manager on the way out.
If Rhyce is Bradbury then it's #5 in 2020.

Or are you just trying to be Caro lite?

Perfect summation. Make-or-break written all over it.

From the outside I’m not a fan of the way it’s been done. I’m not convinced we’ve got the best talent through the door. Too many 50/50 appointments for my liking.

FWIW should add I’m definitely happy with the Shaw appointment.
I think we should be happy with Brady Rawlings' appointment too. Nothing wrong with identifying who you want and then going out and getting them.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus christ mate, what are you doing wasting your time here? You could easily get work in afl media with that kinda negative spin about us.

Let me know if you do private consultations in case i feel too happy about life.

Last edited:
Jesus christ mate, what are you doing wasting your time here? You could easily get work in afl media with that kinda negative spin about us.

Let me know if you do private consultations in case i feel too happy about life.
Just stating the facts. I recall David Parkin saying that for the first five years of coaching, you're basically just practising on the players. Hopefully they have pulled the right rein with Shaw. Perhaps the club did sound out David Noble, whose CV reads similar to Chris Fagan's prior to his appointment to the Lions. We haven't appointed an experienced coach since Kanga, although Denis was an outlier with a decade plus of results at VFA, U19 and Reserves level.

Just stating the facts. I recall David Parkin saying that for the first five years of coaching, you're basically just practising on the players. Hopefully they have pulled the right rein with Shaw. Perhaps the club did sound out David Noble, whose CV reads similar to Chris Fagan's prior to his appointment to the Lions. We haven't appointed an experienced coach since Kanga, although Denis was an outlier with a decade plus of results at VFA, U19 and Reserves level.
Your opinions are not facts.

Im actually delighted by all the change. They are signalling intent in big ways, a new coaching team all together, new CEO that Buckley is happy with. I like that they are going at it this way, rather than slow plod through years of the same making one or two changes along the way. Yes a list manager by now would of been awesome, but I imagine it got to late for anyone to come in and make a difference with plans already set out.

Just stating the facts. I recall David Parkin saying that for the first five years of coaching, you're basically just practising on the players.

Alistair Clarkson, John Longmire, Paul Roos, Leigh Matthews, Luke Beveridge, Denis Pagan and Adam Simpson like this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back