Coach North Melbourne Football Department Thread

Telstra has owned the rights since 2001, all previous iterations of the site were created and run by them

All this information is right here on the internet, verifiable and easy to locate.
Doesn't suit the outrage narrative, though.

..........and the resident "woke mafia" arrives on cue with the "current NMFC policy can do no wrong" mantra.:rolleyes:
You gotta find new material.

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Then the club dropped the ball by not bringing it to their attention, Mr apologist.

You had no point from the outset, and despite your persistence, you still have no point.
I have been provided you with the the reason the club website is different this year, (all the club websites are in an identical position wrt content and appearance) the location of a feedback form, where to find the content for future reference and refrained from personal abuse.

I am not an apologist for incompetence, I'm disappointed in the site too and would prefer that the content was still there, but it's not something that can be blamed on the club as they aren't responsible for it.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Coaching staff. Not back end. But well done for proving my point.

Jared Moore isn't a senior member of the football department?

What point? I like Laura and that's from first hand experience. Is that where your observations come from?

Was just pointing out the statement was incorrect.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I genuinely spent months putting together the jumper, trade, draft, player and tribunal history too. Now all gone :(

It's ****ed mate.

Did you back it up anywhere?

We need an independent website more than ever now.

You gotta find new material.

It is kind of funny but then you remember how much better those few weeks were when he was just ranting on Twitter after cracking the sads that he backed Crappers and Crappers turned out to be pro AFLW despite being promisingly old and white.

I genuinely spent months putting together the jumper, trade, draft, player and tribunal history too. Now all gone :(
I posted a link above to the way back machine which has the entire nmfc website catalogued as it was in March 2019, so thankfully the pages are still there.
Still there lads.

Great work btw, Tectonic, two thumbs mate :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

I'll get something up on the History thread if it hasn't already been done.

Rick18

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Why did they remove it Rick?

Not sure to be honest, if I had to guess it'd either be a time issue copying the pages across to the new system or the decision was made that the pages weren't getting enough traffic to justify keeping them up. Even though they were more set up to use with the intention of using it internally to keep across milestones, club history and that type of thing.

Example: There was a situation where Anthony Stevens did a number history type of thing where each player had to pick one guy who'd worn their number previously and read up on him. Atley to read about 18s, Tarrant about 25s, etc. So naturally he directed the players to the number history pages on the site.

Did you back it up anywhere?
Is it salvageable? Get it up on your own site.

If the correct copying process was followed for the new website all the info, inconsistencies, etc *should* be somewhere on the internal club servers. Although as the Tectonic archive link showed, it doesn't appear to have been updated, publicly at least, since I finished up. I'll probably wait a bit to see if it goes up on the site eventually and then go from there.

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not sure to be honest, if I had to guess it'd either be a time issue copying the pages across to the new system or the decision was made that the pages weren't getting enough traffic to justify keeping them up. Even though they were more set up to use with the intention of using it internally to keep across milestones, club history and that type of thing.

Example: There was a situation where Anthony Stevens did a number history type of thing where each player had to pick one guy who'd worn their number previously and read up on him. Atley to read about 18s, Tarrant about 25s, etc. So naturally he directed the players to the number history pages on the site.

If the correct copying process was followed for the new website all the info, inconsistencies, etc *should* be somewhere on the internal club servers. Although as the Tectonic archive link showed, it doesn't appear to have been updated, publicly at least, since I finished up. I'll probably wait a bit to see if it goes up on the site eventually and then go from there.
I'd assume traffic was the reason also.. the websites for every club look rather vanilla and same-y after the most recent changes.

No Bull can you have a look into this for Rick?
Paul Crapper maybe you can pass a mention as it’s important content to feature on our new website

I always thought that anything on the internet could never totally "disappear", I, too was a big fan, and quite frequent user of the jumper number history page.
I think groggy put a link to the site archived on the wayback machine in the history thread.

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This is what I'm talking about. Not 20m away from our home ground this garbage is up

I know it's not technically "football department" business but bloody hell you'd think we could afford to NOT have this tripe polluting mecca
IMG_20200317_113934.jpg

Back