Coach North Melbourne Football Department Thread

Jul 25, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hi all,

Just thought I'd pop in and provide some context around the website and app.

While the sites all sit under the Telstra network, we control the content on there for the most part (albeit within the templates provided).

Understand the frustrations and unfortunately there are quite a few pages that need to be re-built from the old site still; this comes off the back of us being told the sites were moving to a new provider and having to re-build every page from scratch in a matter of a couple of weeks.

As such, we have a bit of a backlog of pages, like jumper history, that need to be re-built - it's not just a matter of copying and pasting tables, unfortunately, as we have a completely new CMS.

It's certainly in the works and hasn't been forgotten; but we do have to prioritise the order of build, which comes off the back of looking at analytics etc.

There's certainly some work to do in terms of coaches' profiles and other relevant info, but it's all in the pipeline.

Please feel free to send me an email direct at rob.burton@nmfc.com.au if you have any further feedback.

Cheers, Rob Burton.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
This is what I'm talking about. Not 20m away from our home ground this garbage is up

I know it's not technically "football department" business but bloody hell you'd think we could afford to NOT have this tripe polluting meccaView attachment 841011

A terrible opportunity missed.

You don't know how to draw a syringe?

Give yourself an uppercut. ✊

WayneShimmiesTheBush

Team Captain
Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This is what I'm talking about. Not 20m away from our home ground this garbage is up

I know it's not technically "football department" business but bloody hell you'd think we could afford to NOT have this tripe polluting meccaView attachment 841011
I for one applaud the council for providing a toilet for the public to be able to do their business on.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well guess our vfl coach would be the first to go of the 80% already gone

of the 20% left you would assume
Rhyce
Brady
Luffy
Amarfio
1-2 of the media team to feed us content over the break
Club doc

that would be about it I’d assume?

Club psych would be doing overtime, dietitian would be doing a few hours as well as some people in charge of conditioning etc to try and keep them cherry ripe while they're off the clock. You'd have someone checking the emails and dealing with membership related stuff fairly often too.

More would be working than you would expect.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
It’s a good opportunity to poach quality people who are getting dumped by other clubs. It sounds like recruiters are some of the first to be chopped, there might be some good ones.

Ya gotta pay 'em tho.

And employment law might be a bit tricky with regards to suspending staff whilst simultaneously walking around hiring others.

I know it's not technically "football department" business but bloody hell you'd think we could afford to NOT have this tripe polluting mecca

Free Toilet Paper?

Ya gotta pay 'em tho.

And employment law might be a bit tricky with regards to suspending staff whilst simultaneously walking around hiring others.
Yeah you’re probably right. I suspect we’ve skimped on recruiters in the past. I reckon it’s an opportunity to improve that area whenever the whole thing is back up and running.

"It (head coaching) bears little resemblance to assistant coaching and nearly nothing to playing," Thomas tweeted.

"A management course would help. Maybe even coach your own side whilst working in normal land. That's why the system is wrong.

"They definitely should prove a competence in management, leadership, coaching own team, running own business, other relevant experiences outside just being a player and an assistant."

Excellent point by Thomas. I'm glad rhyce has brought in several coaches that have been outside afl and have coached their own teams - Jade, Heath, Leigh.

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne

He was at my studio recently. Didn’t wanna like him but he’s actually a likeable dude in person.
i couldn‘t get over how big a unit he is. Massive human.

AFL saying when we return clubs will only have footy departments of maximum 24 including a doctor, player development manager (Gav Brown) and a psych, tigers atm have 50 Staff so will have to cull over half

Will be interesting to see who the other 21 staff we keep for the year. Head coach, line coaches Already take up 4 of those spots, ruck coach too, list manager, national recruiter, Brady etc doesn’t leave much left

Probably would cull a lot of analysts, keep maybe just 1 oppo scout.
You’d assume spud Academy coach will be redundant along with patch Development

Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
AFL saying when we return clubs will only have footy departments of maximum 24 including a doctor, player development manager (Gav Brown) and a psych, tigers atm have 50 Staff so will have to cull over half

Will be interesting to see who the other 21 staff we keep for the year. Head coach, line coaches Already take up 4 of those spots, ruck coach too, list manager, national recruiter, Brady etc doesn’t leave much left

Probably would cull a lot of analysts, keep maybe just 1 oppo scout.
You’d assume spud Academy coach will be redundant along with patch Development
Yeesh I hope Luffy isn't a casualty.

My understanding is all teams will be operating on the same minimum footy dept spend - imo this advantages us hugely.

We will feel some change, but not a huge aount, some teams are going to have rejig their whole footy department on the run mid season.

(Also, I had forgotten how hilarious the last couple of pages of this thread are)

We have any idea of who is being let go ?
Nope but you can pretty much guarantee David Loader has been culled with no vfl this year

Would expect the dev coaches patch Adams and Scotland in strife along with spud firrito academy coach.

With Gav Brown kept looking after player dev

F18925E1-78CC-42D7-977F-E56D00BC3C7B.png

The types of roles that could be needed for the Max 25 Staff spots from Monday

Essentially our coaches box should have a lot of room, maybe just Shaw, Rawlings x2, Rivers, Whitecross, Moore, Minson, Gav Brown, a couple of footy analysts like Jason Lappin, list boss Luffy (still 11 odd in the box)
Then down on the bench the club doc, physios, Joan Segal, Boomer as the runner, and 2 media team (heath and probs a digital media person, making the rest of the media team like rob redundant) (6-8 on the bench)

Then leaves few spots for admin like amarfio, property stewards, EA, psych, nutritionist etc

Last edited:

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nope but you can pretty much guarantee David Loader has been culled with no vfl this year

Would expect the dev coaches patch Adams and Scotland in strife along with spud firrito academy coach.

With Gav Brown kept looking after player dev

Wouldn’t have thought Adams and Scotland would go as just been recruited...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
View attachment 876398
The types of roles that could be needed for the Max 25 Staff spots from Monday

Essentially our coaches box should have a lot of room, maybe just Shaw, Rawlings x2, Rivers, Whitecross, Moore, Minson, Gav Brown, a couple of footy analysts like Jason Lappin, list boss Luffy (still 11 odd in the box)
Then down on the bench the club doc, physios, Joan Segal, Boomer as the runner, and 2 media team (heath and probs a digital media person, making the rest of the media team like rob redundant) (6-8 on the bench)

Then leaves few spots for admin like amarfio, property stewards, EA, psych, nutritionist etc

Also got Scott Clayton above luffy in charge of list

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back