News North Melbourne in isolation due to tier 2 exposure

Remove this Banner Ad

Eh... situation of the more you know really.

Australia horribly mismanaged covid at the beginning keeping the borders open for business interest and in comparison everything seems harsh and theatrical afterwards... But I tell you what, better than being in a country where it has got away.

Here in Chile I've been in some form of lockdown for the best part of a year and we're still having 8k new cases a day because lockdowns were only implemented when hospital beds started running out.

Girlfriend is a doctor who sees the sh*t first hand. It's full on when the staff are choosing who gets "active treatment" (ventilators) and will probably live, and who wont and will die.
Take care over there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eh... situation of the more you know really.

Australia horribly mismanaged covid at the beginning keeping the borders open for business interest and in comparison everything seems harsh and theatrical afterwards... But I tell you what, better than being in a country where it has got away.

Here in Chile I've been in some form of lockdown for the best part of a year and we're still having 8k new cases a day because lockdowns were only implemented when hospital beds started running out.

Girlfriend is a doctor who sees the sh*t first hand. It's full on when the staff are choosing who gets "active treatment" (ventilators) and will probably live, and who wont and will die.

Take care mate. We have some absolutely self-entitled *******s over here that think we're invincible, but really our minor restrictions are a small price to pay to avoid being in the situation you guys are in over there.

Take care mate. We have some absolutely self-entitled *******s over here that think we're invincible, but really our minor restrictions are a small price to pay to avoid being in the situation you guys are in over there.
Minor restrictions? Do you own a small business at all that has been severely impacted with these recurring lockdown in Victoria where the Govt doesn't offer any support? If not then just shut up and enjoy your cushy job from home or whatever you do but i doubt you've been impacted much.

Minor restrictions? Do you own a small business at all that has been severely impacted with these recurring lockdown in Victoria where the Govt doesn't offer any support? If not then just shut up and enjoy your cushy job from home or whatever you do but i doubt you've been impacted much.
If you are comparing our lockdowns for our health versus a country that the virus is running rampant I'd take the lockdown every day. As Australians we are quite lucky no matter how hard federal or state govts try to stuff things up.

We are doing quite well, be worried that like North on many occasion doesn't matter how far in front we got, there was always that concern, that the opposition would get past us in the end.

On GM1910 using BigFooty.com mobile app

If you are comparing our lockdowns for our health versus a country that the virus is running rampant I'd take the lockdown every day. As Australians we are quite lucky no matter how hard federal or state govts try to stuff things up.

We are doing quite well, be worried that like North on many occasion doesn't matter how far in front we got, there was always that concern, that the opposition would get past us in the end.

Do you own a business or a white collar employee?

Do you own a business or a white collar employee?
Money is not important to me, I work, not in an office actually in an essential services.

But anyone, and I'm not alone here, who has had the medical life I've had knows what they would have.
Health=wealth.

I fully understand the effect of lockdowns on business, Everyone to their own opinion.

On the North player supposedly breaking isolation, still

Money is not important to me, I work, not in an office actually in an essential services.

But anyone, and I'm not alone here, who has had the medical life I've had knows what they would have.
Health=wealth.

I fully understand the effect of lockdowns on business, Everyone to their own opinion.

On the North player supposedly breaking isolation, still

So your income wasn't disrupted, right.

Mate I've been impacted quite a bit actually, I've even lost a relationship due to not being allowed to leave the country.
If you want to direct your angst at having restrictions at anyone, direct it at ScoMo and his failed vaccine rollout that has us ranked dead last in the OECD for population vaccinated with just under 5%, while others in the developed world are sitting at over 50%. We wouldn't need to be in this constant cycle of lockdown if we had a sizeable portion of the population properly protected.
Even with that said, would you rather be poor or dying scared and alone hooked up to a ventilator because you are unable to breathe? Because that what is happening to people in places where this is running rampant.

So your income wasn't disrupted, right.
I lived in isolation lockdown for most of last year most of it alone, low immunity will do that to you. Each person is affected differently, not making either one worse than the other. I understand your point as I watched people i know do what you are going through.

My point was that we are not like some countries where the covid is running rampant.

Wasn't going to make it political the govts like you said have done enough of that and failed. Nothing is aimed at you personally

Remove this Banner Ad

Back