News North Melbourne membership day Wednesday on SEN

Remove this Banner Ad

My point was that I was essentially calling up to give them money (me not using the membership) but I bristled at needing to pay extra in order to not to have the auto-renew. My question to the board, which I phrased badly and briefly, was: what do I miss out on if I am not consecutive

Or you could look at it like this: if you don't auto-renew, you pay the standard price. If you do choose to auto-renew, you save the club money, thereby getting a discount.

And if you are not consecutive, you miss out on this board's respect and admiration.

Kind of reminds when someone on IMDB posts a thread labelled "please tell me why I should watch this show" *chuckle*. :)

Yeah, look I think it is fair to say that the board have universally considered my case and decided that I'm a whiny jerk :)

My point was that I was essentially calling up to give them money (me not using the membership) but I bristled at needing to pay extra in order to not to have the auto-renew. My question to the board, which I phrased badly and briefly, was: what do I miss out on if I am not consecutive?
Bragging rights, I have 27 years consecutive and would be shattered to break the streak. I actually agree with you in that I don't like auto renewal. I used to wait and gather the cash and go down to the club but transferred over to auto last year. It isn't that bad, it's a 'get with the times' kind of thing, although I do get the hoodie (as part of the auto renew) before pictures of it come out, which on the back of this years effort is a detail I will change.

I don't think i would EVER not buy a membership, regardless of circumstances. North Melbourne people aren't like the rest of the scum sucking gutter crawlers that follow every other garbage ridden club/organisation.
There is no truer sporting club in the country that stands for all the things North stands for and that makes me proud that I follow them and will always support them. Membership is the least that i can do for all the great times in my life I've had watching us stick it up all and sundry's clacker.

I'd love a premium 3 game membership type thing cost like $200 or so.
I get a 5 gamer but like watching on level 1 or 2 so I upgrade to those seats, and go with my mum (also a member who we upgrade) we get to about 3-5 games a year.

A premium 3 game with seats on the flanks on level 2 would be perfect.
That way the club would get full whack of my dollars.

Kind of reminds when someone on IMDB posts a thread labelled "please tell me why I should watch this show" *chuckle*. :)
Yeah discomute has really copped a hiding hasn't he. Oh well he asked for our advice and got it, and he has taken it pretty well i think.
Think he just needed convincing on what he should do and needed a push in the right direction.

At the end of the day we all do what's best for us and what works for us.
And the more members be 3 game or 11 game membership means our club is in a better fininacial position end of.

Yeah, look I think it is fair to say that the board have universally considered my case and decided that I'm a whiny jerk :)

My point was that I was essentially calling up to give them money (me not using the membership) but I bristled at needing to pay extra in order to not to have the auto-renew. My question to the board, which I phrased badly and briefly, was: what do I miss out on if I am not consecutive?
At the moment the club sends out certificates and key rings to celebrate years of membership. I know it's silly but I am kind of proud of how many years the last one shows me being a consecutive member. And if/when our club goes the way of the Hawks and puts years of membership on scarves I'll be quietly quite pleased with that too. A bit of pride, a warm feeling of supporting through thick and thin, and this year knowing you won't be bundled in with the wot about Boomer whingers is a nice bonus.

If you don't have reserved seats to hang onto - and you don't buy a level of membership where GF tickets are an issue - I don't think there is a practical implication. It's really just about the feels.

If you're not fussed either way, or whatever you decide to do for yourself, a baby membership would be a relatively inexpensive way to stay part of the family and a nice souvenir for your child when they are older.

I'd love a premium 3 game membership type thing cost like $200 or so.
I get a 5 gamer but like watching on level 1 or 2 so I upgrade to those seats, and go with my mum (also a member who we upgrade) we get to about 3-5 games a year.

A premium 3 game with seats on the flanks on level 2 would be perfect.
That way the club would get full whack of my dollars.

Same here. Can't go more than maybe 3-4 times a year, which means I want good seats when I actually can make it. Would by a 3 or 5 game premium membership for sure.

discomute I know what it's like to have a kid and one income coming along.

I dropped out for 2 years.

From 1993 to 2017 I am out 2 years.

But because it's not consecutive I was seen as less of a Member.

It's bullshit in that context.

So in all seriousness do what's right for your family and situation...the Club will be there for you when you come back in and you can buy Junior Roo his/her membership.

I haven't signed up. Expecting a crazy 2017 with a new baby coming and my wife is the only one I ever go to the footy with. Can't see us getting any games in.

What's stopping you going? Our kids haven't missed a game here in Melbourne since birth and it was never a hassle for either of us, nor the kids who had the sights and sounds of North crowds ringing in their ears from the beginning, ensuring they're used to it, so well behaved, and that they look forward to it. For us the biggest help, if we needed any, was having my folks come along as well. They loved it and my mum would happily take off for a stroll with an unsettled baby if it was required. It worked a treat! Nowadays said wander with the kids would be to the toilets or to spoil them with a treat from the overpriced food joint.

If you truely love the club then you will purchase the most expensive membership you can afford. And by that I mean you prioritise by purchasing your membership ahead of other "luxury" items, for want of a better term, like "beer" or "smokes" or "Tender Touch" etc etc. :stern look

What's stopping you going? Our kids haven't missed a game here in Melbourne since birth and it was never a hassle for either of us, nor the kids who had the sights and sounds of North crowds ringing in their ears from the beginning, ensuring they're used to it, so well behaved, and that they look forward to it. For us the biggest help, if we needed any, was having my folks come along as well. They loved it and my mum would happily take off for a stroll with an unsettled baby if it was required. It worked a treat! Nowadays said wander with the kids would be to the toilets or to spoil them with a treat from the overpriced food joint.

North kids are always well behaved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you truely love the club then you will purchase the most expensive membership you can afford. And by that I mean you prioritise by purchasing your membership ahead of other "luxury" items, for want of a better term, like "beer" or "smokes" or "Tender Touch" etc etc. :stern look

Better still...blow $500 on a futile trip to Adelaide Oval and then get s**t hung on you forever ...Stein look GN80

Better still...blow $500 on a futile trip to Adelaide Oval and then get s**t hung on you forever ...Stein look GN80

Mate, I'm sorry if it hurts you, but I am distraught about the whole situation.

The hurt was so bad it was like a kid that was promised a brand new bike for Christmas but only got socks and jocks

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mate, I'm sorry if it hurts you, but I am distraught about the whole situation.

The hurt was so bad it was like a kid that was promised a brand new bike for Christmas but only got socks and jocks

Hang on, are you calling Gaso a brand new bike and wovesRoos and I socks and jocks?

Hang on, are you calling Gaso a brand new bike and wovesRoos and I socks and jocks?

No, I compartmentalise the meeting of yourself, wolves, arch11 and others was one of the most joyful of moments, however it was tempered by the infamous no show

Remove this Banner Ad

Back