News North Melbourne membership day Wednesday on SEN

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't signed up. Expecting a crazy 2017 with a new baby coming and my wife is the only one I ever go to the footy with. Can't see us getting any games in. When I heard this deal I gave them a call...

...it is $107. Rather expensive for a 3 game membership imo. So they say, oh but it is $97 if you want to auto renew each season for an 11 game membership. I just HATE this. The club says "people forget to renew, so we will make it easy by storing their payment details of file and auto renewing, and give them a discount!". I think the real story is "we know people forget about stuff like this, so we will penalize people who don't allow us to bill them willy-nilly for membership renewals."

It made me so angry I've refused to re-sign. To be honest, I am still a bit dark on the whole Boomer thing. But anyway, if anyone wants to talk me into it, I guess you have about 45 minutes. Don't talk to me about loyalty, I'm a supporter, a member a business decision. Tell me what I would be missing out... grand final tickets (one day) through continuous membership is on my mind.

Shut up and buy a membership. If everyone had the same attitude as you, there wouldnt be a North Melbourne Football Club.

I haven't signed up. Expecting a crazy 2017 with a new baby coming and my wife is the only one I ever go to the footy with. Can't see us getting any games in. When I heard this deal I gave them a call...

...it is $107. Rather expensive for a 3 game membership imo. So they say, oh but it is $97 if you want to auto renew each season for an 11 game membership. I just HATE this. The club says "people forget to renew, so we will make it easy by storing their payment details of file and auto renewing, and give them a discount!". I think the real story is "we know people forget about stuff like this, so we will penalize people who don't allow us to bill them willy-nilly for membership renewals."

It made me so angry I've refused to re-sign. To be honest, I am still a bit dark on the whole Boomer thing. But anyway, if anyone wants to talk me into it, I guess you have about 45 minutes. Don't talk to me about loyalty, I'm a supporter, a member a business decision. Tell me what I would be missing out... grand final tickets (one day) through continuous membership is on my mind.
I for one think you're looking for a reason to be angry.

Nothing that you've said seems worthy of the anger that you're expressing.

Doubt anyones going to waste their breath trying to convince you to sign.

If you can't afford a membership due to a baby, that's perfectly fine, reasonable and mature of you, I more than anyone understand financial hardship at the moment.

But if all you have is your complaint re: auto renewal... it's a whinge at best. If that's whats stopping you from signing up, then be gone with you.

Last edited:
Haha. Well I asked for your opinions so not hating on the rather blunt assessments. Not really financial difficulty but what is the point paying for something I wont have time to use.

Yeah I admit that my hatred of the auto renewal stuff is a bit illogical. Can't help how I feel on that one.

Haha. Well I asked for your opinions so not hating on the rather blunt assessments. Not really financial difficulty but what is the point paying for something I wont have time to use.

Yeah I admit that my hatred of the auto renewal stuff is a bit illogical. Can't help how I feel on that one.

You will watch games on TV? Or you want to be able to take your child to games in the future and bestow a lifetime of support on him/her?

Then you need to support the club if we want it here today and tomorrow. Don't leave it to other people.

I totally respect everyone's "club first" mentality. I am not quitting being a member, just taking a year off since I won't use the membership. I called up today to renew, and chose not to. Not that it matters, but I have previously posted in this forum before about my hatred of auto-renewal stuff.

I am curious if I will miss out on more things then just the games by taking a year out. How do GF tickets work? Is there anything else I am overlooking.

PS. Already bought my baby a newborn kit :)

I totally respect everyone's "club first" mentality. I am not quitting being a member, just taking a year off since I won't use the membership. I called up today to renew, and chose not to. Not that it matters, but I have previously posted in this forum before about my hatred of auto-renewal stuff.

I am curious if I will miss out on more things then just the games by taking a year out. How do GF tickets work? Is there anything else I am overlooking.

PS. Already bought my baby a newborn kit :)
You can pay a small 'holding fee' ($30-40) to keep continuous membership if that's important to you.

Yeah. I used to be a Darwin member for 1 game a year which I never used. 2016 I moved to Melbourne and this year I was a 5 game member and used 4 games. Since I think at most in 2017 I will use 1 game, buying a three game membership, that is basically donating money to club. So my issue is clear (I don't think I am spelt it out very well) if you buy a 3 game membership you automatically get upgraded to 11 games. But the auto-renew is set to 11 games off your credit card.

In other words, I sign up for this deal and forget to cancel it/don't read the post/letter goes missing (which is what happened this year) then I get pinged for $215.

Lots of us buy memberships that we don't use. I buy five and get to about 6 games a year on one of them. The rest is a donation. Dont think most of us are using a cost/benefit analysis to dissect a membership option. And All of us on auto renew do it to keep club costs down.

I really think that the club should promote this day more widely as not many people would know of it.
Could have signed up many more if marketed better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of us buy memberships that we don't use. I buy five and get to about 6 games a year on one of them. The rest is a donation. Dont think most of us are using a cost/benefit analysis to dissect a membership option. And All of us on auto renew do it to keep club costs down.
I have an 11 game membership and I can only use it maybe 5 times a year.

I know what options are available but I support my club goddamn it.

No ones forcing you to place your membership on auto-renewal. I've never been on the troo roo auto renewal as my circumstances change. So when I am ready , I will sign up to the membership package I will use. i.e 3 ,5, 11 or 15 games. Prefer to keep my options open without being locked in.

True i might go to 5/7 games on 11 games membership and the rest is a donation and i/we give to the dubt reduction aswell for the exact same reason u have said. And personally auto renew is the best thing to have cause it saves me the time of filling out forms every year.
And it's not like ur legally bound to stay on it.

Fair enough if someone takes a year off for financial reasons but anything else is an excuse and nothing more. I/we saw what happened to Fitzroy/Sth melb.
So if anyones not signing up as a payback (Boomer etc) ur not really punishing the club u might be punishing urself down the track.

Last edited:
Yeah. I used to be a Darwin member for 1 game a year which I never used. 2016 I moved to Melbourne and this year I was a 5 game member and used 4 games. Since I think at most in 2017 I will use 1 game, buying a three game membership, that is basically donating money to club. So my issue is clear (I don't think I am spelt it out very well) if you buy a 3 game membership you automatically get upgraded to 11 games. But the auto-renew is set to 11 games off your credit card.

In other words, I sign up for this deal and forget to cancel it/don't read the post/letter goes missing (which is what happened this year) then I get pinged for $215.
I'd just about pay your membership myself if it meant not having to read your whiny posts. Sign up, don't sign up, no one cares. Just shutup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buy a Membership and you can come to the footy with us.

But with that whingy attitude you have to sit 10 rows in front of us.

No ones forcing you to place your membership on auto-renewal. I've never been on the troo roo auto renewal as my circumstances change. So when I am ready , I will sign up to the membership package I will use. i.e 3 ,5, 11 or 15 games. Prefer to keep my options open without being locked in.

i dont auto renew either. although every year i get the same membership, i always go into the club, make sure our seats are still altogether, and pay cash, i then get a chance to look at, and buy the new clothing on offer. :)

Well, that's the Shinboner Spirit!

i dont auto renew either. although every year i get the same membership, i always go into the club, make sure our seats are still altogether, and pay cash, i then get a chance to look at, and buy the new clothing on offer. :)

That sounds like a lot of fun. I might do that. I've actually never been.

No one forces you to sign up for auto-renewal, do they? Isn't that your choice? :huh:

Yeah, look I think it is fair to say that the board have universally considered my case and decided that I'm a whiny jerk :)

My point was that I was essentially calling up to give them money (me not using the membership) but I bristled at needing to pay extra in order to not to have the auto-renew. My question to the board, which I phrased badly and briefly, was: what do I miss out on if I am not consecutive?

That sounds like a lot of fun. I might do that. I've actually never been.

oh, and about 4 years ago, i started going to the footy again, after a long time without going (regularly) due to running my business, but Always bought an 11 game membership. its how the club survives. even if you dont use it (you may hav a day, that the wife wants you out of the house, and you can go) just buy one, even a 3 gamer!

Yeah, look I think it is fair to say that the board have universally considered my case and decided that I'm a whiny jerk :)

My point was that I was essentially calling up to give them money (me not using the membership) but I bristled at needing to pay extra in order to not to have the auto-renew. My question to the board, which I phrased badly and briefly, was: what do I miss out on if I am not consecutive?

A football club for you and your child to support in the future?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back