North Melbourne Poster of the Year 2017(POTY) aka The Giantroo of the Year!

Remove this Banner Ad

BTW Jindrrk, I'm elevating you to equal 1st for your magnificent gif and vid creation skills in 2017, most notably in the Josh Kelly thread. Unbelievable effort! :thumbsu:
No Essendon kind of action going on here. Wherever I come is where I come :) But I appreciate the sentiment.

Scanning the votes, I reckon GR's a shoo-in again so it’s safe to share the love elsewhere. GR is obviously the perpetual B&F of the board.

3. Groin guru for being underratedly funny and expert poker-faced trolling of the other boards
2. Jindrrk for the gif work on #nmfccashcowboys
1. Roozee for the sustained effort on the Kerridge, giving us something worth reading through some dull stretches.

Shout-outs to SMaturin for O'Shannassy Street, kept out of the votes for the fact that the actual writing is off BF, H2h for more grace and patience than a few people deserved during the SSM thing as well as her usual good football opinions, Snake_Baker for making the joint more fun on his return, The Other Dean - you are greatly missed big fella - and the usual assortment of smart footy people.

BTW Jindrrk, I'm elevating you to equal 1st for your magnificent gif and vid creation skills in 2017, most notably in the Josh Kelly thread. Unbelievable effort! :thumbsu:

.........AND the Dusty thread. HTF I forgot that I'll never know. Absolute friggin gold!

3 for Jindrrk because his work has been sublime.

2 for GR for being the perpetual motion of the footy side of this forum.

1 for King Corey because mods need more votes and it’s about time Flawed Genius knows I hate him and Toes doesn’t need the ego boost exciting his heart.

3 for GR - perpetual for a poster who I wouldn't have thought had any room to improve but still manages.

Otherwise, while there are many posters I look forward to reading and always find informative, entertaining and intelligent (led by Orange Peanut, ferball, BTron, Pykie and naturally north), and our mods have again been utter champions, in an ordinary onfield year I'll vote for a couple of posters who went above and beyond and made his year easier to enjoy:

2 to smaturin for the outstanding weekly summaries, and

1 to jinderrk for taking the player quest to new levels.

If I had another vote I'd give it to groin guru. After so many years it's not often a poster comes up with something really new and engaging, but the sports medicine angle and the Saunders photo made me laugh every time.

3a. Groin Guru - always brings a smirk to the face - especially with the 'isolation gifs' where he has the character isolated from the background surrounded by white and has it minimized. Travolta one a fav.

3b. Giantroo - has an unfair advantage of being not human.

2. Hearts to hearts - should be called 'The Hammer'. Nail on the head stuff every time. Does it hurt being right all the time ??!!:)

1a. Val Keating - Batting a thousand.

1b. Gasometer - Relentless.

Roll Eyes Award - Rad Roo - :rolleyes:

Phantom Award - The Other Dean for disappearing like Norths back half of 2016. Missed dearly especially after the Roosistence thread popped up and read every word of it. Exceptional stuff. Hope he's all good.

My votes I wish I could give so many a 1. So I hope no one feels left out.

Votes:

1. Giantroo

The amount of time he puts in you cannot imagine. Even doing the GIFs it takes quite a lot of work and GR is up when I was quite often going to bed (cause I go to bed at weird hours) and there when many others would be asleep. I can get all my info in the one place from this guy......I am very lazy reading and going to websites (is why I listen to SEN so much) so its very much appreciated.

2. Snake Baker
I was wondering what was all the capuffle when he arrived back in the scene. Didnt take a backwards step and toyed with the guys on the General Trade Board all year. Also helped with some ideas on GIFs.

1. Twinkletoes
Goes without saying. Also made me feel welcome and gave me some freedom when I can be a little antagonistic.

I really wanted to put Groin Guru as a 1 also as he messed with so many of Tugger flogs on the trade board. He is quite outrageous and I found the posts very amusing. I dont even know when or if he is serious in some things he says, thats how good he is :)

Honourable Mentions:

Groin Guru
Arjen
- Very very good wit in those posts....keep it up :)
LuvtheKangas - Value his concise comments. Doesn't hold back what he thinks.
Hearts to Hearts - Great posting.
Rooboy 96 - Just for the dice and keeping some of the nut trade suggestions by others real
Tas/Tazaa (not sure which one rofl) - Up when I am and made some nice AM posts....but I know both post great posts
Gasometer - Amusing posts, especially Scotts related. Keeping those Scott haters in check.
LeGrille / GN80 - Good work on the twitter calling people out. Next time dont worry about what they may say back to you or feel bad.
Horace / Kimbo - Calling me our on my grammar as well as some great posts. Please do it more :)
Phillyroo - Made the Tuggers melt so many times and what he did with the signing at TailorMade was hardcore and will be remembered forever. Stuff like that demands respect.
King Corey - Your writeup on the votes could nearly put you in the votes
Filth Wizard - Sorry I havent had time to join the exclusive. I wasn't snobbing you off I promise :)

Other names that roll off the top of my head: Ferball, Astrovic, TennisAndy, Firestarter, Shermanator (please do more photoshop), RobZombie, SMartin, BigEasy, Dark Phoenix, Naturally North. There's more, but I am poor.

And Kangaroos4eva Shame on me :(

VFL Boys: I have to give the guys who give VFL reports when I/we cannot watch them. Jimmy's Hot Dogs and Ansonholt. You guys are bloody legends and you give good reports as well....meaning good views.

People I left out:
I have absolutely left people out....I can assure you :( I am very poor with names and get people mixed up since I go a lot on people's avatars if names are vaguely similar. Just ask Year of The Roos (I might of gotten it wrong here too haha) as I have gotten him mixed up a few times.

Spud-dud Award

Rad Roo
- Told everyone to get F'd and that he was going to go and follow GWS. Came back 2 months later and started talking absolute crap on return and made it even worse with no paragraph breaks.

Hope your sprained ankle gets better by the year 2030 buddy :)

If DeadEyedRoo (or OneEyedRoo as I called him) was still around he'd of been up in contention.

Poster bagging the absolute crap out of Joyce and the recruiting. I won't name names but we know who. And he knows better than that seeing other posts he had made before.

Game Day Posters
I'd also like to give an award to all the game day only posters who just come in to vent and have 50 posts over 5-10 years. You can all GAGF :) I dont like player bashing as I respect anyone who puts on our jumper who respects the jumper. Pretty loyal and protective kind of guy so I may call a few out next season.

Opposition Dumbass Awards

3 - The_Gun - Tugger
Tried so hard to make a friend over in our Dusty thread because no one likes him over at the Tugger board; only to try so hard to troll at the general trade board once Dusty was over the line. How low and pathetic can someone go? Well he is one good example. He failed miserably all year on trolling.

I heard he's down to his 5th Dusty Blow Up Doll from bursting the others and struggled to get another as the demand was so high from their male demographic.

2 - All the flogs on the St Dwarves board.
Joffa especially. Those guys thought they had JK in the bag. Gave me laughs aplenty of the crap they were trying to dishout within their own board. Even has SEN trying to program the situation and failed miserably.

1 - Stryker (Bitchmons)
He probably deserves a separate award for the melts alone.

Apologies:

For my bad grammar. I was actually quite good at school in English and is degrading each year and I don't put a lot of effort into improving it since my keyboard goes turbo style. I really should.

I am not very PC....dont mean to be offensive and at times dont put a lot of thought of some things I say when I post it so I do have some regrets. So if I have offended anyone, or offend anyone in the future I apologise.

And on that note and an intro to 2018, I open up with this.....Duke Nukem style:

Last edited:
My votes I wish I could give so many a 1. So I hope no one feels left out.

Votes:

1. Giantroo

The amount of time he puts in you cannot imagine. Even doing the GIFs it takes quite a lot of work and GR is up when I was quite often going to bed (cause I go to bed at weird hours) and there when many others would be asleep. I can get all my info in the one place from this guy......I am very lazy reading and going to websites (is why I listen to SEN so much) so its very much appreciated.

2. Snake Baker
I was wondering what was all the capuffle when he arrived back in the scene. Didnt take a backwards step and toyed with the guys on the General Trade Board all year. Also helped with some ideas on GIFs.

1. Twinkletoes
Goes without saying. Also made me feel welcome and gave me some freedom when I can be a little antagonistic.

I really wanted to put Groin Guru as a 1 also as he messed with so many of Tugger flogs on the trade board. He is quite outrageous and I found the posts very amusing. I dont even know when or if he is serious in some things he says, thats how good he is :)

Honourable Mentions:

Groin Guru
Arjen
- Very very good wit in those posts....keep it up :)
LuvtheKangas - Value his concise comments. Doesn't hold back what he thinks.
Hearts to Hearts - Great posting.
Rooboy 96 - Just for the dice and keeping some of the nut trade suggestions by others real
Tas/Tazaa (not sure which one rofl) - Up when I am and made some nice AM posts....but I know both post great posts
Gasometer - Amusing posts, especially Scotts related. Keeping those Scott haters in check.
LeGrille / GN80 - Good work on the twitter calling people out. Next time dont worry about what they may say back to you or feel bad.
Horace / Kimbo - Calling me our on my grammar as well as some great posts. Please do it more :)
Phillyroo - Made the Tuggers melt so many times and what he did with the signing at TailorMade was hardcore and will be remembered forever. Stuff like that demands respect.
King Corey - Your writeup on the votes could nearly put you in the votes
Filth Wizard - Sorry I havent had time to join the exclusive. I wasn't snobbing you off I promise :)

Other names that roll off the top of my head: Ferball, Astrovic, TennisAndy, Firestarter, Shermanator (please do more photoshop), RobZombie, SMartin, BigEasy, Dark Phoenix, Naturally North. There's more, but I am poor.

VFL Boys: I have to give the guys who give VFL reports when I/we cannot watch them. Jimmy's Hot Dogs and Ansonholt. You guys are bloody legends and you give good reports as well....meaning good views.

People I left out:
I have absolutely left people out....I can assure you :( I am very poor with names and get people mixed up since I go a lot on people's avatars if names are vaguely similar. Just ask Year of The Roos (I might of gotten it wrong here too haha) as I have gotten him mixed up a few times.

Spud-dud Award

Rad Roo
- Told everyone to get F'd and that he was going to go and follow GWS. Came back 2 months later and started talking absolute crap on return and made it even worse with no paragraph breaks.

Hope your sprained ankle gets better by the year 2030 buddy :)

If DeadEyedRoo (or OneEyedRoo as I called him) was still around he'd of been up in contention.

Poster bagging the absolute crap out of Joyce and the recruiting. I won't name names but we know who. And he knows better than that seeing other posts he had made before.

Game Day Posters
I'd also like to give an award to all the game day only posters who just come in to vent and have 50 posts over 5-10 years. You can all GAGF :) I dont like player bashing as I respect anyone who puts on our jumper who respects the jumper. Pretty loyal and protective kind of guy so I may call a few out next season.

Opposition Dumbass Awards

3 - The_Gun - Tugger
Tried so hard to make a friend over in our Dusty thread because no one likes him over at the Tugger board; only to try so hard to troll at the general trade board once Dusty was over the line. How low and pathetic can someone go? Well he is one good example. He failed miserably all year on trolling.

I heard he's down to his 5th Dusty Blow Up Doll from bursting the others and struggled to get another as the demand was so high from their male demographic.

2 - All the flogs on the St Dwarves board.
Joffa especially. Those guys thought they had JK in the bag. Gave me laughs aplenty of the crap they were trying to dishout within their own board. Even has SEN trying to program the situation and failed miserably.

1 - Stryker (Bitchmons)
He probably deserves a separate award for the melts alone.

Apologies:

For my bad grammar. I was actually quite good at school in English and is degrading each year and I don't put a lot of effort into improving it since my keyboard goes turbo style. I really should.

I am not very PC....dont mean to be offensive and at times dont put a lot of thought of some things I say when I post it so I do have some regrets. So if I have offended anyone, or offend anyone in the future I apologise.

And on that note and an intro to 2018, I open up with this.....Duke Nukem style:

You have just made a very powerless enemy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Duke does like the new camo tank tops btw :)

I'd be here for days discussing how many posters i like on here. The board really is big footy. From laughs, to serious analytical breakdows, right through to artist gems.

For that reason I'll stick with 3:

1. giantroo - self explanatory. He should honestly be paid. Gem. We'd be ****ed without him.

2. Twinkletoes - best all round poster. Funny, knows his stuff and appears to be the calmest poster on big footy. Compare North mods to those on other boards...

3. King Corey - like most on here has a great sense of humour. All-rounder

Only posters i don't like are the one's that have an irrational hatred for certain north players and those that didn't want ben jacobs at north.

Just ask Year of The Roos (I might of gotten it wrong here too haha) as I have gotten him mixed up a few times.
I'm quite forgettable, which is evident by the lack of votes so far but that's mainly because that imposter year of the roo stole my identity 11 years before I joined. I have officially requested a name change to @TheJesus but the mods are very busy this time of year.

I'd be here for days discussing how many posters i like on here. The board really is big footy. From laughs, to serious analytical breakdows, right through to artist gems.

1. giantroo - self explanatory. He should honestly be paid. Gem. We'd be ****** without him.

2. Twinkletoes - best all round poster. Funny, knows his stuff and appears to be the calmest poster on big footy. Compare North mods to those on other boards...

Only posters i don't like are the one's that have an irrational hatred for certain north players and those that didn't want ben jacobs at north.

Have attached a racy photo as thanks GG - pls don't open at work (which I'm guessing is 24 hours on-call in your case).

LENNON%20Ben.png

1. giantroo - self explanatory. He should honestly be paid. Gem. We'd be ****** without him.

Brown noser of the highest order. Two mods getting votes. I mean really????

And then those mods have the audacity to like your post. :eek:

(Not that I necessarily disagree with your post, but.)

Someone wants their own racy post it seems.

Beatrice_Arthur_-_1973.jpg

I'm quite forgettable, which is evident by the lack of votes so far but that's mainly because that imposter year of the roo stole my identity 11 years before I joined. I have officially requested a name change to @TheJesus but the mods are very busy this time of year.

Please change your name to this. If anything for your Sweet FA debut.

If he'd have gone three of us we'd make him a mod. It's that easy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back