North Melbourne Priority Pick 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd wait until you get out of the bottom four before you start handing out the AOs.
I’m basing this on their work prior to North. Rawlings did wonders at WCE, Finnegean is experienced and Luff was industry rated before he came. No one is thrilled about Clayton.

PP would be wasted on Scott Clayton.

His first three picks have all played senior footy this year and one of them, Powell, looks to be an absolute gem at 13.

We don't all have the luxury of bringing kids through a ... sfellow ... "Academy" so they can hit the ground running knowing the gameplan from the get go.

His first three picks have all played senior footy this year and one of them, Powell, looks to be an absolute gem at 13.

We don't all have the luxury of bringing kids through a ... sfellow ... "Academy" so they can hit the ground running knowing the gameplan from the get go.
Powell looks outstanding.

I love when hawks or blues supporters comment on this

which teams have not received a priority pick ever?

north, cats, crows, eagles, port, dogs? Swans but they rort the academy instead
Not sure it is relevant who they support, whether my club has benefited from it or not does not change my opinion on them.

Not sure it is relevant who they support, whether my club has benefited from it or not does not change my opinion on them.

What about the flags you won when you had priority picks in your side ?
Its easy to say you dont agree with them when youhad a big benefit from them

No it isn't.

I did not ask for them, i do not think we should get them and i think they are stupid. I can hold that opinion despite the fact that i support a club that has benefited from them.

Agree past rules and rule changes have had a big impact on which sides have won.

From an Essendon perspective they changed the priority pick rules the year we were eligible and went from getting pick 4 as our priority pick to pick 18.

I agree with the rule changes but there’s no doubt that sides like Collingwood and Hawthorn benefited massively from them.

Have Carlton reallh benefited from Priority Picks ?

And as we are seeing with Gold Coast, their 'rescue package' is not really making much of a difference to them in the win/loss column.

It will take more than a Priority Pick to turn North's fortunes around, good administration, coaching and yes luck (esp with regards to injuries) comes into it.

I certainly believe North are entitled to ask for one, given they have never had one before, but as I say, there is danger in thinking that getting a PP is going to be a magic wand that can fix all of North's current issues.

Have Carlton reallh benefited from Priority Picks ?

And as we are seeing with Gold Coast, their 'rescue package' is not really making much of a difference to them in the win/loss column.

It will take more than a Priority Pick to turn North's fortunes around, good administration, coaching and yes luck (esp with regards to injuries) comes into it.

I certainly believe North are entitled to ask for one, given they have never had one before, but as I say, there is danger in thinking that getting a PP is going to be a magic wand that can fix all of North's current issues.

Marc Murphy was a priority pick.

Agreed.

There has been a major overhaul of the football and coaching departments at North and I think we're on the right track there.

Work is needed with the fitness and medical side of things.

A PP is no magic bullet but it could certainly be of pretty handy to us at this point. I doubt we'll get one but it would be nice and really open up options to redress weaknesses in our list.

Marc Murphy was a priority pick.

No he wasn't. Josh Kennedy was the player we took with our PP that year 😪😪😪

But as I say, getting a couple of PP's really didn't get Carlton much on field success anyway.

Not saying North shouldn't get one, but believe me, it is not the magical formula to fix a bottom/struggling club that many seem to think it is.

But as I say, getting a couple of PP's really didn't get Carlton much on field success anyway.

Not saying North shouldn't get one, but believe me, it is not the magical formula to fix a bottom/struggling club that many seem to think it is.

Technically you’re wrong. Priority picks were taken before the teams pick but obviously if there were no priority picks you would have taken Murphy pick 1.

Technically you’re wrong. Priority picks were taken before the teams pick but obviously if there were no priority picks you would have taken Murphy pick 1.

I stand corrected, but my point remains valid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree that they are not always the silver bullet, but If you get your coaching and culture right and add a decent pick then it sure helps

and just because your PP's didnt work out doesn't mean they wont at another time

Agree past rules and rule changes have had a big impact on which sides have won.

From an Essendon perspective they changed the priority pick rules the year we were eligible and went from getting pick 4 as our priority pick to pick 18.

I agree with the rule changes but there’s no doubt that sides like Collingwood and Hawthorn benefited massively from them.
Which was the difference between getting Joel Selwood and Leroy Jetta - according to Sheedy at the time

I love when hawks or blues supporters comment on this

which teams have not received a priority pick ever?

north, cats, crows, eagles, port, dogs? Swans but they rort the academy instead
Judd was an eagles PP.
Griffin was Pp for dogs

I truly doubt we will see another PP until Tas are admitted to the Comp.

They will get 8 of the first 20 in the relevant draft.

This will be on top of selecting the top 10 players from whichever of the Saints, Blues or Roos fold first.

I truly doubt we will see another PP until Tas are admitted to the Comp.

They will get 8 of the first 20 in the relevant draft.

This will be on top of selecting the top 10 players from whichever of the Saints, Blues or Roos fold first.

Gold Coast getting one this year.

Also, lol at your last line given you barrack for mob that's got the distinction of going broke and requiring a massive bailout from the rest of the comp in two cities.

Show some respect around supporters of the real clubs that guarantee the existence of your experimental franchise that still requires special treatment 40 plus years into its relocation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back