North Melbourne Priority Pick 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. We are Fitzroty 1993 bad, but still, no. The PP should not exist (other than truly exceptional circumstances).
The fact that others teams have had in the past doesn't mean it should be used now. We are basically guaranteed the spoon for at least two more years. That's what happens with a few poor decisions, and have a bad run of luck to go with it.
A team winning the spoon 3 years in a row is too much.

People overrate picks but we are seeing more and more first year players impacting. A priority pick at the end of the 1st isn’t going to kill the competition.

A team winning the spoon 3 years in a row is too much.

People overrate picks but we are seeing more and more first year players impacting. A priority pick at the end of the 1st isn’t going to kill the competition.

Yeah no problem with an end of first rounder and a couple of extra rookie spots. They won’t get much more than that.

I don't like North but what's the point of the PP if it doesn't go to teams that need it? AFL has been content to prop up many clubs with cash and academy support for decades, I don't see the difference. Give them two for all the difference it makes, the AFL is not an equal competition and never has been.

I think there should be some sort of Priority pick that has to be traded to bring in a more mature player to help immediately.

Give them an end of first round pick that they can't use themselves but can trade to any club for a player. That way they can keep their standard pick but also get a pick around 18-20 to bring in a decent player.

I think there should be some sort of Priority pick that has to be traded to bring in a more mature player to help immediately.

Give them an end of first round pick that they can't use themselves but can trade to any club for a player. That way they can keep their standard pick but also get a pick around 18-20 to bring in a decent player.
One issue is they may not get market value for the pick because they have no choice but to trade it.
And another club benefits with an end of first round selection they otherwise might not have received for a player leaving.

IMO North should receive as much financial help as they need- if it means the AFL pay out Noble's contract, I'd have no problem with that.
But no priority pikkies sorry. They have the best young talent in the league they don't need any more.

One issue is they may not get market value for the pick because they have no choice but to trade it.
And another club benefits with an end of first round selection they otherwise might not have received for a player leaving.

IMO North should receive as much financial help as they need- if it means the AFL pay out Noble's contract, I'd have no problem with that.
But no priority pikkies sorry. They have the best young talent in the league they don't need any more.

Freo's young talent is considerably better than North's, as evident by last night.

Their young player development is starting to become a real concern, Zurhaar, Simpkin, Thomas and LDU have all gone backwards.

Sacking Noble is a start, but they need more help than that.

Ive watched a couple of times now and the cattle is starting to be there, is it the coach who is lacking or is it the playing group?

I want Noble to succeed but feel he may be out of his depth with North Melbourne. Perhaps get a senior assistant in that Mark 'Chocco' Williams, Paul Roos, dare I say it, Alistair Clarkson in next to him?
It’s both, the playing group have lost confidence and frustrated, but the coaching has been just as bad, many players are played out of positions, the seniors aren’t pulling their weight and they aren’t manning up or playing with a good game plan. The main problem is the senior players, they need a few more mature bodies out there to help the kids

PP should not be on the table for clubs who put themselves in the precarious position.

It should be reserved for clubs who lose a chunk of players through no fault of their own (injuries, unexpected retirements etc).

Getting rid of your senior players and not committing to a rebuild but instead going after 30+ yo recruits should not be rewarded.

PP should not be on the table for clubs who put themselves in the precarious position.

It should be reserved for clubs who lose a chunk of players through no fault of their own (injuries, unexpected retirements etc).

Getting rid of your senior players and not committing to a rebuild but instead going after 30+ yo recruits should not be rewarded.
Does our best player having cancer and a coach having a nervous breakdown count?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not including Good Friday twilight

2022 : 1 (away v Freo, presumably not on FTA in Vic)

2021 : 0
2020 : 0
2019 : 1 (away v Port)
2018 : 0
2017 : 1 (v St Kilda)

Last night's game was not on Free to Air either, so technically it shouldn't count imo

So you target a whole fan base because of a select few? Just a little childish
I'm not targeting anyone. Just commenting on football on a football forum. I've said positive and negative things about your club. But spare me the victim status - your fans gave it as much as you've copped it back.

Ive watched a couple of times now and the cattle is starting to be there, is it the coach who is lacking or is it the playing group?

I want Noble to succeed but feel he may be out of his depth with North Melbourne. Perhaps get a senior assistant in that Mark 'Chocco' Williams, Paul Roos, dare I say it, Alistair Clarkson in next to him?
Paul Roos recommended Noble.

Historically bad team. Gold coast level but without the talent

Ild give them 2 and a slap to anyone who underrates how much Cunnington has held the midfield together for all these years
Cunners has been a huge loss for us and a young midfield.

How on earth do you come to this conclusion? We haven't beaten you since 2016 and we are currently far worse than we've been in all that time..
North are still trying but just don’t have the cattle. We have just downed tools which is worse.
Round 20 the “Bryce Gibbs” Cup 🤣

Just a reminder that Brisbane had 5 first round picks walk out the door in 2013. AFL didn’t step in until 3 years later with one end of first rounder.

North fans might want to temper expectations.

Just a reminder that Brisbane had 5 first round picks walk out the door in 2013. AFL didn’t step in until 3 years later with one end of first rounder.

North fans might want to temper expectations.

Yeo and Docherty were the only 2 real significant losses from the go home 5 in hindsight for the Lions to be fair

Yeo and Docherty were the only 2 real significant losses from the go home 5 in hindsight for the Lions to be fair

The hindsight is completely irrelevant in this context though.

At the time they projected as a significant loss, and the AFL didn’t seem to consider it PP worthy.

Arguably it was somewhat self inflicted as our culture was in the toilet but it’s definitely not as self-inflicted as North intentionally cutting deep.

The hindsight is completely irrelevant in this context though.

At the time they projected as a significant loss, and the AFL didn’t seem to consider it PP worthy.

Arguably it was somewhat self inflicted as our culture was in the toilet but it’s definitely not as self-inflicted as North intentionally cutting deep.

Didn't the AFL award you a PP the year after the Go Home 5 exodus ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back