North Melbourne Priority Pick 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the AFL set the precident with PPs after what they did with Carlton.
They never got one, and their list has alot of talented kids on it just through getting higher picks for finishing low on the table.

With GC the AFL over reacted, and ended up giving them too many handouts.
It was almost crooked with what they did.
They have given the GC a golden ticket to success as far as picking up talent. Half of Qld in their academy, and the whole of Darwin as well. Not only that but prelisting players with out matching draft picks.
They delisted a great player in Lyons for nothing, and traded out their contracted Captain in May.
It's almost inept.

But no picks for North. They will get the number 1 pick this year, after getting two of the best mids from last year's first round.
So in two years they should have three new high level mids in.

If continued poor years continue the AFL will mastermind them relocating to Tassie, and they will no doubt get the whole of Tassie as an academy and get draft concessions on top.
Good luck with that we’ve got 40k members
And close to no debt finally
The best we’ve ever looked off the field including during our powerful years in the 90s

We are finally in a position to bottom out and if we go close to no wins the PP will be in play

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Good luck with that we’ve got 40k members
And close to no debt finally
The best we’ve ever looked off the field including during our powerful years in the 90s

We are finally in a position to bottom out and if we go close to no wins the PP will be in play
So if the crows don't win another game this year and finish with 3 wins - should they also get a PP - 3 wins last year and 3 this year. it would make our last 2 seasons on a par with Norths

But no, the crows should not get a PP because THEY chose to gut their list just like North did and thus north should also not get a PP based on that. Self inflicted rebuilds should not benefit the team at the expense of the rest of the comp in my eye

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
North a real chance to win this weekend, might change the situation a little
If we keep getting players back and things continue to build the way Noble wants North to play then I think we'll pick up a few wins for the season.

Could catch a few good teams having bad games with this side on the park by July

B: Bonar McKay Ziebell
HB: McDonald Corr Hall
C: Polec Cunnington Dumont
HF: Taylor Tarrant Stephenson
F: Phillips Larkey Zurhaar
Foll: Goldstein Simpkin LDU
Int: Anderson Powell Atley Thomas

I'm not that pessimistic about how we're travelling considering how many rookies, rejects and project players like Mahony, Josh Walker, Young, Bosenavulagi, Lazzaro and Menadue, we're having to field at the moment with injuries

So if the crows don't win another game this year and finish with 3 wins - should they also get a PP - 3 wins last year and 3 this year. it would make our last 2 seasons on a par with Norths

But no, the crows should not get a PP because THEY chose to gut their list just like North did and thus north should also not get a PP based on that. Self inflicted rebuilds should not benefit the team at the expense of the rest of the comp in my eye
If you don’t win another game this year you should get priority pick

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Again the players we let go largely not picked up by other clubs and the ones that did haven’t done much this year at all. We tried to keep Brown but he knocked back the offer, got injured and his agent disintegrated the relationship so much that Brown took less money to go to Melbourne.

Higgins hasn’t really featured at Geelong.

Wood was disappointing for north and ran out of chances, he hasn’t set the world on fire.

Daw while the comeback was inspiring he just wasn’t the same, he’d be a good vfl player but I don’t think he’d magically shift the needle as far as the AFL performance goes.

So reports of this list massacre are way overblown. Not to mention with all the above on the list we managed a whopping 3 wins last season. Change was required.

Whether north should get a pick or not I’m not sure but this narrative of gutting the list is misleading

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No way. Would be outrageous on recent historical precedent. You made a choice to gut your list and start a rebuild, delisting 10+ players at the end of last year.

If you want more higher picks, trade up for them.
At least get the facts right if you are going to stand on your high horse.

Nov 27, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No way. Would be outrageous on recent historical precedent. You made a choice to gut your list and start a rebuild, delisting 10+ players at the end of last year.

If you want more higher picks, trade up for them.

Gutted what? They were garbage players that arent getting a gig anywhere else minus Brown and Higgins, we werent winning regardless.

As i said lock it in, the Pies were atrocious and still never looked like losing. 0 wins = PP

Foucault1989

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Gutted what? They were garbage players that arent getting a gig anywhere else minus Brown and Higgins, we werent winning regardless.

As i said lock it in, the Pies were atrocious and still never looked like losing. 0 wins = PP
Is there a rule stipulating that 0 wins = PP.

Think about how bad Carlton were between 2015 - 2018/19. Horrendous over a 4 year period.

We got 2 state league players before a draft. That's it.

On this precedent, how can you justify North getting a PP? Don't just say they will, explain it.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Lock it in Eddie.
At least get the facts right if you are going to stand on your high horse.

I think injuries and a new coach adds up to a poor start to the season for North. You are not thatthat far away from a win, provided the effort you brought for 3 quarters in the last 2 weeks holds up.

Priority pick or not, North are doing the right thing, Roos fans have to hang in there and stand by your club.

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is there a rule stipulating that 0 wins = PP.

Think about how bad Carlton were between 2015 - 2018/19. Horrendous over a 4 year period.

We got 2 state league players before a draft. That's it.

On this precedent, how can you justify North getting a PP? Don't just say they will, explain it.
I don’t want a PP.

But you are building your argument on absolute crap analysis of what the club did.

Your crapness for 20 years has nothing to do with the arbitrary way the AFL adjudicate their rulings. Now go find a dog to kick.

Foucault1989

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
I don’t want a PP.

But you are building your argument on absolute crap analysis of what the club did.

Your crapness for 20 years has nothing to do with the arbitrary way the AFL adjudicate their rulings. Now go find a dog to kick.
So North did not initiate a rebuild last year?

What's the different between Carlton 2016 when we delisted and traded a huge chunk of the list to refresh. Cut the dead weight

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So North did not initiate a rebuild last year?

What's the different between Carlton 2016 when we delisted and traded a huge chunk of the list to refresh. Cut the dead weight

Cos you campaigners win trade season every year, and get kissed on the dick with far more exposure than you deserve

Foucault1989

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Cos you campaigners win trade season every year, and get kissed on the dick with far more exposure than you deserve

Neither of those things equals a priority pick.

Carlton fans are actually very critical of some of our recent trade periods.

Your list is in a bad way but it is entirely the clubs fault. There are plenty of creative ways to engineer higher draft picks (or bulk high draft picks) through smart trading. Free agency and unprecedented player movements open up many possibilities to refresh the list.

Priority picks are a relic from the 2000s and should never be used again

Le Grille

Cancelled
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Your list is in a bad way but it is entirely the clubs fault. There are plenty of creative ways to engineer higher draft picks (or bulk high draft picks) through smart trading. Free agency and unprecedented player movements open up many possibilities to refresh the list.

To be honest priority pick or not i seriously could not give a * but to say the list cull was unnecessary is such a surface level comment. These delisted legends accounted for a grand total of 3 wins last year.

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
To be honest priority pick or not i seriously could not give a fu** but to say the list cull was unnecessary is such a surface level comment. These delisted legends accounted for a grand total of 3 wins last year.

The special needs children on this thread are not worth talking to. They construct a false narrative and refuse to acknowledge another position.

Mcarcherey

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Carlton's list issues were entirely their fault too.... Infact every clubs list issues are entirely their own fault. This is not a valid argument.

On Pixel 3a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mcarcherey

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Hand over thilthorpe and redo the draft as a raffle then ...

On Pixel 3a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back