Status
Not open for further replies.

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yep no PP for North.

Suns need one more then them tbh (and hopefully Gold Coast get it)

Case closed for NMPP

Lol, please justify this in some way with a logical answer, Elmer “Tom Browne”?

Gold Coast also beat us by 10 goals earlier this year

The GCS deserve a priority pick before North.

Not the word choice I'd use. The whole system is for the pits. This league needs to figure out what its priorities are, because if those priorities are having less variation between the top and bottom teams levels they're going about it the wrong way.

IMHO there are two main issues:
1 - List sizes mean that all teams at one point or another will basically treat the season as if they are in a development league
2 - Drafting rules, priority picks and even the current free agency systems reinforce this

Until they change these fundamental factors and provide teams with a genuine incentive to win now (and the list capabilities to make that the number 1 priority every year) this will not change.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Like hell they do they have been given more then enough of them over a 10 year period it’s no one’s fault but there own that they waste them or the players want to leave

How is it the club's fault that players are mummie's boys?

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Lol, please justify this in some way with a logical answer, Elmer “Tom Browne”?

Gold Coast also beat us by 10 goals earlier this year

Rankine and another high draft pick (possibly Flanders) are very likely to leave/request a trade at the end of the season.

Now granted I think they should be made to trade that PP for a quality mature aged star player with good leadership ability around the 24-26 age Mark.
Also you North fans are selling your side short.
Your last month of footy has actually been pretty good, and I defintley do not believe you are locks for the spoon..

North's future on.field is pretty promising actually

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
Well they have as good a argument as the suns. The Gold Coast shouldn’t be given them continuously just because they can’t retain players it should be based on on field performance nothing else
If we are being honest, take the priority pick away and never give one again, never reward mediocrity.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Well who else fault is it they can’t retain there players no other club has the problems they do

Lol what? GWS have had heaps of players leave. As have Adelaide and Brisbane.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Not many players have left Brisbane as of recently, nor can I recall many Sydney players wanting out similarly so it's still the club's own fault.

It's all down to culture and putting the right people in charge.

Adelaide had a similar problem until they got rid of Pyke and most of his support staff.

Dew has to be replaced as coach at season's end for a start.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Rankine and another high draft pick (possibly Flanders) are very likely to leave/request a trade at the end of the season.

Now granted I think they should be made to trade that PP for a quality mature aged star player with good leadership ability around the 24-26 age Mark.
Also you North fans are selling your side short.
Your last month of footy has actually been pretty good, and I defintley do not believe you are locks for the spoon..

North's future on.field is pretty promising actually
Outside of some bigfooty rubbish i have not heard anything to suggest Rankine wants out

Also they have had enough help, it is on the Suns to make players want to stay. It is a competition you can not just keep gifting them talent.

Apr 24, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Lol what? GWS have had heaps of players leave. As have Adelaide and Brisbane.
And. They have had plenty stay as well every club in the competition deals with it but at no where near the level of the suns seriously the excuses for them need to stop you can’t blame every one else for there failure to retain players that’s on them and how poorly ran they are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back