North Melbourne Priority Pick 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
No they got themselves in to this situation. Entitled to nothing

This would be a valid argument if any other team didn't get themselves into a similar situation.

For some reason it's different when it's not your club.

Tonythetiger

Senior List
Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
They are bad, no doubt about it. Probably bad enough to warrant some assistance but what sort of complicates it a bit for me is they delisted so many experienced players at once that they were always going to be anchored down the bottom for a bit. It's not as if they took a slower approach whilst trying to rebuild whilst stay competitive. The hard rebuild is trying to go down as low as possible for less time and come back up with top end talent. Whilst I am no fan of Geelong, they have turned their list over whilst staying competitive.

If the tigers in one year traded out and delisted everyone over 27 then were bottom 2 for 4 years I would think that it was totally of our own doing.

They are bad, no doubt about it. Probably bad enough to warrant some assistance but what sort of complicates it a bit for me is they delisted so many experienced players at once that they were always going to be anchored down the bottom for a bit. It's not as if they took a slower approach whilst trying to rebuild whilst stay competitive. The hard rebuild is trying to go down as low as possible for less time and come back up with top end talent. Whilst I am no fan of Geelong, they have turned their list over whilst staying competitive.

If the tigers in one year traded out and delisted everyone over 27 then were bottom 2 for 4 years I would think that it was totally of our own doing.
In that situation I’d say no priority pick for you since you have had multiple before

If a club did that that never received one I’d cop them getting one on the proviso they never get another one again

North have plenty of young talent, what they need is experienced leadership similar to Hodge going to Brisbane.

I’d be looking at a few West Coast players if I was North

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
North have plenty of young talent, what they need is experienced leadership similar to Hodge going to Brisbane.

I’d be looking at a few West Coast players if I was North
I dunno half of the ones they’d want to let go look crocked

I dunno half of the ones they’d want to let go look crocked
Unrestricted free agents. West Coast don’t have a choice of letting them go or not. Shannon Hurn and Luke Shuey are the ones I’d be looking at if I was North. Do North still have the war chest?
22962742-2D35-4245-A921-F3FD0A071F37.jpeg

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Le Grille

Cancelled
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Unrestricted free agents. West Coast don’t have a choice of letting them go or not. Shannon Hurn and Luke Shuey are the ones I’d be looking at if I was North. Do North still have the war chest? View attachment 1397835
I reckon hurn is tired. A big problem north has is that there is no run, where Brisbane had running players when hodge came over to them. I think those two make north slower, which won’t work.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You can't deny the timing is extremely coincidental.
No I can’t but if anything you could construe it to give him a bit of space, considering the guy has been all over thrr we’d media this week more than he’s probably ever experienced.

There just seems to be an awful amount of glee thrown around in this situation. Not just here

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
You can't deny the timing is extremely coincidental.

I think it's very coincidental. Although if it's a ruse having him train in runners yesterday is a shrewd touch.

No I can’t but if anything you could construe it to give him a bit of space, considering the guy has been all over thrr we’d media this week more than he’s probably ever experienced.

There just seems to be an awful amount of glee thrown around in this situation. Not just here
Because if it was happening to another club you and other North fans wouldn't be getting the boots stuck in. You'd all approach the topic with respect.

Deeluded

Rookie
Oct 31, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think the priority pick system would work better if they get an extra pick (or two) after the 1st and 2nd round. Most of the dominants sides over the last 20 years have a group of players that come through together and change the culture of the club. having a few more picks in the 18-22 and 36-40 range gives the opportunity to do that and also some currency if they want to bring some players in.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Because if it was happening to another club you and other North fans wouldn't be getting the boots stuck in. You'd all approach the topic with respect.
i can only speak for myself and say I probably wouldn’t, it’s kinda low hanging fruit. Not really my thing.

Even when we tried to get dusty I was pretty reserved (probably because deep down I felt we weren’t a realistic chance, I mean when had a Brownlow medallist and recent flag winner left a club?)

At any-rate why do you find joy winding people up in this subject ? Sure banter away about the team but I’m sure you’d be concerned if your biggest draftee in 30 years was in a similar spot.

It’s not massively important or a problem btw just a bit annoying really

Le Grille

Cancelled
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
i can only speak for myself and say I probably wouldn’t, it’s kinda low hanging fruit. Not really my thing.

Even when we tried to get dusty I was pretty reserved (probably because deep down I felt we weren’t a realistic chance, I mean when had a Brownlow medallist and recent flag winner left a club?)

At any-rate why do you find joy winding people up in this subject ? Sure banter away about the team but I’m sure you’d be concerned if your biggest draftee in 30 years was in a similar spot.

I haven't wound anyone up. You're getting overly emotional at a 2 word post

Le Grille

Cancelled
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I haven't wound anyone up. You're getting overly emotional at a 2 word post
You know what your doing again it’s not that big a deal, just annoying.

But…..

Cry Cry Cry GIF by MOODMAN

Foucault1989

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton

Mate, come on. Unless my memory is cooked I recall many instances of you having a crack at Carlton when we were awful.

Let's face it, North posters have a fair crack when things are going well

Le Grille

Cancelled
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Mate, come on. Unless my memory is cooked I recall many instances of you having a crack at Carlton when we were awful.

Let's face it, North posters have a fair crack when things are going well
Me personally, I’ve probably had many cracks at Carlton about how they’ve played for sure, I’ve we’d also commented about the need for getting the shiny new toy each year and the chequebook list building because I don’t think it works long term, and I do think many Carlton supporters are getting quite lippy before they’ve actually achieved anything yet(granted they are playing good footy at present and are likely playing finals), that is my honest opinion.

But the glee many posters are getting about north losing probably the most exciting recruit they’ve had in 30 years is completely different, it’s borne out of this bullshit “relocate norf” bullshit which takes a special kind of troll to want, massively prevalent in this thread and off topic to it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back