Rumour North Melbourne recruits Hugh Greenwood?

I'm really hoping that is all a bad dream but given our previous * ups I doubt it. If this turns out to be true I will be so ******* done with this club.

Feels like a bit of a dog move.

From who, Greenwood or North? Gold Coast ****ed up their list management and tried to exploit a loophole to cover their arses. It backfired.

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
Feels like a bit of a dog move.

No the 'dog move' was delisting a Best 22 player to put on your rookie list, all because the club couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery.

This is probably one of the most embarrassing things I've seen happen from a draft perspective. If you're not prepared to lose a player, don't delist them and say you'll rookie them again.

We did it with Abbott a couple of years back, and St Kilda then 'poached' him as ruck back up - but he was just a fringe player. Doing it with Greenwood who's easily in their Top 15 players, was just an insane gamble - that has now blown up in their face in the most spectacular fashion.

This club seriously needs to be folded already.

Last edited:

PzBlinky

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
Even so there is usually a gentleman's agreement by clubs not to pull stuff like this.

That gentlemen's agreement...

lethal-weapon[1].gif

Even so there is usually a gentleman's agreement by clubs not to pull stuff like this.

This is a very unique situation so I'm not sure what gentleman's agreement you're referring to. Personally, I would say its more scummy to leverage the PSD at the trade table so you can low-ball clubs into giving up their players for cheap which many clubs have done.

Back