AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Moderator #51
They throttle Goldy.

Even when he's playing alright.

I can't see how we win this game.
We almost never try to break a pattern like this do we?

There was no rotation with Preuss to force someone like Ryder into jumping over a mountain. No switching of Goldy into a pinch-hitting KPP to drag his opponent into play a key post etc.

90%+ of the time it's the same ruckman fronting up with the same plan so Hinkley just puts his same counter into play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearts to hearts

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
All we've been waiting for is a seven-day break and the Souv.

Come on North, my expectations have dropped to just not wanting to see my team embarrassed again, but I hope your standards are set high. Go hard. A good win could change a lot of things, like it has for Richmond (not that our footings are as solid) and EFC* this season.

groo

All Australian
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What will see is the saviour 'Ziebell' back on the ball. I think that is why Larkey has been picked and Ahern dropped.
Ziebell's last season on the ball resulted in North winning 6 games for the year. And he was in a lot better knick then. If he plays on the ball then it will be hard to watch. His short stint in the middle against Essendon resulted in him getting the speed wobbles and literally falling over when in pursuit of Essendon players streaming out of the centre.

AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’m little confused. At the end of the article KT says it’s disappointing we’re not playing finals. Now I’m realistic enough to know we’re not likely to be playing finals this year but is that something one of our players should be saying at round 6? I mean I know it’s an exception to the rule what Sydney did that year but still....:think:

Have I misunderstood what he meant?

Kangapirate

All Australian
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Can’t lose tonight, Orthodox Good Friday means I miss the 1st half, if Port are running up the score I can get home from church and not need to watch a single minute of it, if we surprise (unlikely) that’s a bonus. Something calming about your team getting smashed but not having to sit through it.

ferball

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’m little confused. At the end of the article KT says it’s disappointing we’re not playing finals. Now I’m realistic enough to know we’re not likely to be playing finals this year but is that something one of our players should be saying at round 6? I mean I know it’s an exception to the rule what Sydney did that year but still....:think:

I think he's talking about recent seasons not this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Snake_Baker

L'enfant terrible
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Unicornia Reactants
They throttle Goldy.

Even when he's playing alright.

I can't see how we win this game.

The moment someone tries that (probably Lycett) someone should make a bee line for him and plant one on him. Forget about the report, it's time to make a stand. If they continue to be Brad "sensible" (i.e. meek), then they deserve everything they get.

LuvtheKangas

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The moment someone tries that (probably Lycett) someone should make a bee line for him and plant one on him. Forget about the report, it's time to make a stand. If they continue to be Brad "sensible" (i.e. meek), then they deserve everything they get.
Won't happen. Dixon monstered Goldy last year (or year before? it was at Etihad) when Ryder was out. Not a peep from anyone and Lycett's even bigger.

koshari

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Pretty obvious that comment slipped through the sanitisation filter. In a way its refresing to read something loosly based on fact rather than looking like it came from a spin doctor. This is what has pissed me off as much as the poor showings, jz and bbb as had puff pieces on nmfc that were cringeworthy, jz i can accept has fully transformed from warrior to politician however i still thought bbb had his own brain still.

JeanLucGoddard

Premiership Player
AFL Club
North Melbourne
For me we've reached apathy.

As unlikely as it is win really won't mean much.

A loss will mean even less.

They've sucked the joy from football.
Yeah this. There's part of that thinks if we get belted it brings Brad's departure closer, but I can't want North to get beaten, let alone flogged, so I'm like you, meh.

Remember when we played Port the first game after the Carey debacle? That spirit? If Brad honestly thought we needed to ditch that in favour of players with elite athlete lifestyles who have paid off their houses, well, git tae fook Brad.

Kimbo

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
First time I’m attending Good Friday mass in 25 years ( Greek easter)
Only going to pray for divine intervention
Given you believe in (an interventionis) God, on the evidence available, you think God is a North Melbourne supporter, or just sympathetic to our suffering? I'm struggling on all counts.

AFL Club
North Melbourne
We have the best record against port “apart from Melbourne” ?
Sportsbet Cunnington to get 25+ disposals North to win 1-39 and larkey to bag 1 goal - $10.
CMONN BOYSS!

Only Forwards

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah this. There's part of that thinks if we get belted it brings Brad's departure closer, but I can't want North to get beaten, let alone flogged, so I'm like you, meh.

Remember when we played Port the first game after the Carey debacle? That spirit? If Brad honestly thought we needed to ditch that in favour of players with elite athlete lifestyles who have paid off their houses, well, git tae fook Brad.
It is depressing where we're at as a football club

BTRAIN2

Senior List
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What will see is the saviour 'Ziebell' back on the ball. I think that is why Larkey has been picked and Ahern dropped.
Ziebell's last season on the ball resulted in North winning 6 games for the year. And he was in a lot better knick then. If he plays on the ball then it will be hard to watch. His short stint in the middle against Essendon resulted in him getting the speed wobbles and literally falling over when in pursuit of Essendon players streaming out of the centre.
Spot on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom