Traded North Melbourne trade #59 and F2 to Adelaide for #23

Remove this Banner Ad

Decent trade on both ends, don’t know what the crows are planning on doing but north can use it on a key forward and give them an extra year of development rather then picking one next year in the second round

Decent trade on both ends, don’t know what the crows are planning on doing but north can use it on a key forward and give them an extra year of development rather then picking one next year in the second round
It looks like they decided on going with their F/S and their 2 rookie upgrades.

Crows hardly have any free list spots, but have nearly half the team coming out of contract next season... so their thinking is to move the pick into next year's stronger draft when we will be having more list changes.

23 becomes 25 in a weak draft.

Next year's pick is probably around pick 20, which probably becomes 21 in a much stronger draft.

That being said, North can't keep kicking things down the road. Take another player this year and two first next year. That's five pieces, plus the players gained from the priority picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next year's pick is probably around pick 20, which probably becomes 21 in a much stronger draft.

That being said, North can't keep kicking things down the road. Take another player this year and two first next year. That's five pieces, plus the players gained from the priority picks.
North already have 2 future 1sts, so not q big issue to load up this draft given they are in rebuild mode.

It's a bit early to be judging comparative draft strength, especially in a particular range like early second round.

We need more talls at both ends and it looks like there will be a few around in the early twenties. It makes sense to trade into that range this year.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with this trade by North.

Next year may well be the better draft, but the extra year of development into a kid will be invaluable.
Case of 2 clubs having different needs...

Crows don't need picks this year... but Roos do as they go full rebuild.

Case of 2 clubs having different needs...

Crows don't need picks this year... but Roos do as they go full rebuild.

As indicated over on our board, Kane, we do have pretty simple list mechanisms/options available to us in terms of creating an extra list spot.

I certainly think if we were going to use our future 1st plus a 2nd to get back into this draft then using the Kangas future 2nd (which if they finish with the wooden spoon is usually a VERY valuable pick when the draft is held over 2 nights) is more attractive to other clubs.

Do i think it will happen? Probably not, but we have a bit more flexibility now I think.

As indicated over on our board, Kane, we do have pretty simple list mechanisms/options available to us in terms of creating an extra list spot.

I certainly think if we were going to use our future 1st plus a 2nd to get back into this draft then using the Kangas future 2nd (which if they finish with the wooden spoon is usually a VERY valuable pick when the draft is held over 2 nights) is more attractive to other clubs.

Do i think it will happen? Probably not, but we have a bit more flexibility now I think.
Lol, we aren't trading back into the draft to grab Phillipou... that is just a pipe dream by some on our board.

Last edited:
Lpl, we aren't trading back into the draft to grab Phillipou... that is just a pipe dream by some on our board.

Yes i think you're right, but a lack of list spots aren't the reason. All i'm saying is that we have a bit more flexibility now if he WAS to fall down the order a bit.

Yes i think you're right, but a lack of list spots aren't the reason. All i'm saying is that we have a bit more flexibility now if he WAS to fall down the order a bit.
Yes it's a major factor!

We only have 1 vacant main list spot after elevating 2 rookies & we are planning to take MM as a father & son.

Further, we have nearly half our list coming out of contract next season, so it makes sense to have more picks next year in a stronger draft.

Keep up the delusion we are going to trade back into this year's draft though... days after our list manager traded effectively out of the draft.

Yes it's a major factor!

We only have 1 vacant main list spot after elevating 2 rookies & we are planning to take MM as a father & son.

Further, we have nearly half our list coming out of contract next season, so it makes sense to have more picks next year in a stronger draft.

Keep up the delusion we are going to trade back into this year's draft though... days after our list manager traded effectively out of the draft.

Jesus Christ is there something wrong with you? I literally just said I don't think it's going to happen, but if we were thinking of doing so we have a bit more flexibility now.

Trading Pick 23 out of this draft has less to do with players coming out of contract next season and more to do with the fact we didn't want our Pick 23 being eaten up by an earlier-than-expected Michalanney bid.

We have the ability to move players to the Rookie list this year, such as Seedsman, to create another spot on the main list.

Jesus Christ is there something wrong with you? I literally just said I don't think it's going to happen, but if we were thinking of doing so we have a bit more flexibility now.

Trading Pick 23 out of this draft has less to do with players coming out of contract next season and more to do with the fact we didn't want our Pick 23 being eaten up by an earlier-than-expected Michalanney bid.

We have the ability to move players to the Rookie list this year, such as Seedsman, to create another spot on the main list.
We are not moving anyone on to the rookie list!

You & others have been going on about us drafting Phillipou...which isn't happening.

Pick 23 would unlikely be eaten up by MM & we have moved it into a future draft because we don't need it this year for our father & son pick nor our 2 rookie upgrades.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back