Confirmed North Melbourne trade #8 to Melbourne for #26, #50 & 2020 1st Round Pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pupstar

All Australian
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A lot of the top rated kids are academy players, the draft outside of the academy is shallow.
6 of the top 10 picks at the moment are free to go to any club. So if Melbourne happen to finish in the bottom 5 or so of course it is a huge win for North. The top end of the draft is as good as this year and what I have seen it is not that shallow after the academy etc picks anyway Pikie who I class as our draft expert on our board also agrees so that is good enough for me. Anyway time will tell.

JeanLucGoddard

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
And hey guyz I know this is a massive spin out and that but say the Dees to finish bottom four we can actually use that pick to bid on these highly rated academy prospects too.

CWaffles

Premiership Player
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
Everyone going early on this, we really wont know how this trade works our for 3 or 4 years. If we were to win the flag next year i really couldn't care less what picks we lose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

markm106

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Measuring this one on points is a silly way to do it. If that’s how Melbourne viewed it we wouldn’t have done the trade. It’s a very simplistic way of looking at this.

JeanLucGoddard

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How is getting an extra top 10 pick in a stronger rated draft "desperation for immediate results"? Just a stupid comment on your part.
You did basically trade three twenties and a ten for our fifty though.

Because you reckon at this shop this year if you pay with a fifty dollar note you get "more value for money."

Top Bottom