Traded North Melbourne trade #8 to Melbourne for #26, #50 & 2020 1st Round Pick

Who won this trade?

• North Melbourne

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

All trolling and shitposts aside, Saints v Roos will be one of the most see/intriguing games of round 1. North have the better kids, but St Kilda are arguably a couple of years ahead in their rebuild/development.

Would love it if North pull off a first 1 debut bolter like Perez :)

Jack Mahony is the best bet there, Perez still in injury rehab.

Last edited:
Jake Melksham is DEFINITELY one of Melbourne's most important players.

IIRC he was statistically most accurate kicker of the football into the f50, or something along those lines.

Exceptionally clean when getting the ball into the forward line, and when you factor in that Melbourne aren't the most precise team (lots of missed kicks/handballs, at least it seems that way) having Melksham who is a consistently good ball user makes a massive difference.

He's a classic barometer. When he's up and about, so are the Dees.

All trolling and shitposts aside, Saints v Roos will be one of the most see/intriguing games of round 1. North have the better kids, but St Kilda are arguably a couple of years ahead in their rebuild/development.

How good North are remains to be seen but with Shaw’s focus on tackling and defence they’ll at worst be competitive and hard to play against almost every week. I’m looking forward to seeing them bash a few more teams up in 2020.

How good North are remains to be seen but with Shaw’s focus on tackling and defence they’ll at worst be competitive and hard to play against almost every week. I’m looking forward to seeing them bash a few more teams up in 2020.

We'll be hard tackling and brutal in our attack on the footy but we won't be Ross Lyon style defensive with 62 to 38 type snorefests.

I think we'll actually be fairly daring and entertaining in attack.

After watching the the Melbourne draft videos, I want to know what Brisbane offered to North for their pick 31.

I have to believe Comben would still have been on the board if North moved back to 33, so picking up even a future 4th round selection would have been in North’s favour.

This is it. We got who we wanted. There were no other players like Pickett with his attributes in the pool. Weightman was also a consideration but doesn’t have the defensive pressure we desperately need. Also not sure he has the same crumbing ability. Word was that Hawks Port and Dog we’re keen on Pickett. So we needed to commit.
This is a very interesting trade story good or bad for the media to talk alot about over the years. Im not sure if pickett will get big time media pressure but im sure he will love the big stage like other family members. Is he a chance of round one?

This is a very interesting trade story good or bad for the media to talk alot about over the years. Im not sure if pickett will get big time media pressure but im sure he will love the big stage like other family members. Is he a chance of round one?
I genuinely think he is. We don’t have a player on the list like him. If he works hard over pre season he’ll be in the round one team IMO.

I genuinely think he is. We don’t have a player on the list like him. If he works hard over pre season he’ll be in the round one team IMO.
Im rooting (not like that u sickos, i wish)for him to succeed as he has the tippa story playing style about him.

Think the saints might find putting 4-5 new players into a team isn’t as easy as it appears. Same thing happened to North this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think the saints might find putting 4-5 new players into a team isn’t as easy as it appears. Same thing happened to North this year.

And Port the year before.

Saints also lost their best forward and best midfielder, which always seems to be forgotten with all these new recruits.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

After watching the the Melbourne draft videos, I want to know what Brisbane offered to North for their pick 31.

I have to believe Comben would still have been on the board if North moved back to 33, so picking up even a future 4th round selection would have been in North’s favour.

Comben is impressing at training and in match sim. I can see why we were very keen to get him.

There have been several track watchers on demonland that have said he is absolutely firming for a round 1 gig if he has a good Marsh series. Obviously training is different to match day, but in all the match Sims so far he has impressed coaching staff.

There have been several track watchers on demonland that have said he is absolutely firming for a round 1 gig if he has a good Marsh series. Obviously training is different to match day, but in all the match Sims so far he has impressed coaching staff.

He'll bring an attack on the man and footy that hasn't always been there for the Dees imo.

Good chance for North supporters to preview their pick in action in this weeks scratch match vs Melbourne with Pickett and Rivers both selected to play

Back