Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

old55

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
If you wanna see some proper death-riding check out our great efforts on Hawthorn's 2nd rounder, that's probably going to end up a just a handful of picks after our 1st anyway.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Going good - after having the biggest injury list in the AFL we have now locked in pick 2 while still getting the dead ride.

I would have thought that if any club would have learnt not to go the early crow - it would be the Dee's.

How many of this so called "longest injury list in the AFL" you keep spouting are actually best 22? I count over half from the 16 Footywire have listed as injured.

Stop using that as an excuse. Your club is struggling and admit it. Stop deflecting the realities of the situation

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
How many of this so called "longest injury list in the AFL" you keep spouting are actually best 22? I count over half from the 16 Footywire have listed as injured.

Stop using that as an excuse. Your club is struggling and admit it. Stop deflecting the realities of the situation
Lol - ess posters have used it all year. Is it exclusive for your supporters only?

We are struggling - part of the reason is having the worst injury list in the comp. Unlike the Pies - who also are close to us - we don’t have the depth like they do. But is a huge reason why they have gone from flag favs to 7th in the betting.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Didn't bother watching the game but I read across this board and Twitter that Perez had a decent debut for North. A good sign in an otherwise seemingly bleak night for North and probably put A them ahead again in this trade :)

Good signs considering it was his first competitive game at any level in 2 years.

His last game was as a 17 year old for the Pioneers.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Lol - ess posters have used it all year. Is it exclusive for your supporters only?

We are struggling - part of the reason is having the worst injury list in the comp. Unlike the Pies - who also are close to us - we don’t have the depth like they do. But is a huge reason why they have gone from flag favs to 7th in the betting.

Wouldn’t have thought that of the injured guys at the time, 8 of them were actually best 22. Doesn’t matter now. This thread isn’t about Essendon. Plenty of threads bashing us for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Didn't bother watching the game but I read across this board and Twitter that Perez had a decent debut for North. A good sign in an otherwise seemingly bleak night for North and probably put A them ahead again in this trade :)

He was pretty good. The rest of the night wasn’t great to be fair but LDU and McKay made it a little brighter.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
He was pretty good. The rest of the night wasn’t great to be fair but LDU and McKay made it a little brighter.
They were both outstanding. LDU is a chance to get a Brownlow vote in a team that got smashed. Another pre season and getting a lot of our injured players back and things aren’t as bad as it looks.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks

Nearly full strength today?

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Huge result, with Freo now likely to finish inside of 2 positions behind Melbourne now.

Big win for this trade. When Freo beat us that should get them close enough to the Dees for their deficit to push them past the Dees.

Are you sure it's a big win, though?
You would have possibly taken Serong with that pick last year.
Much more of a lucky dip this year.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Are you sure it's a big win, though?
You would have possibly taken Serong with that pick last year.
Much more of a lucky dip this year.

Yes i do - playing "you could have possibly taken" is a slippery slope that IMO is not a game that ends well for the Dees. You could have also added Serong - adding class to a workman like midfield could have been a game changer. But again - this is not a great game to play.

The top 10 is not a lucky dip - the later picks maybe. There is enough to get excited about with names like McDonald, Phillips, Hollands, Thilthorpe, DGB, Bruhn, Reid, Macrea, O'Driscoll that having 2 top 10 picks is very exciting.

Yes i do - playing "you could have possibly taken" is a slippery slope that IMO is not a game that ends well for the Dees. You could have also added Serong - adding class to a workman like midfield could have been a game changer. But again - this is not a great game to play.

The top 10 is not a lucky dip - the later picks maybe. There is enough to get excited about with names like McDonald, Phillips, Hollands, Thilthorpe, DGB, Bruhn, Reid, Macrea, O'Driscoll that having 2 top 10 picks is very exciting.

It's no more a slippery slope than to say "we are going to take" this year.

You'd be thrilled right now to have what Serong is already showing, compared to what you think that Melbournes pick will show.
The top ten wasn't exactly a lucky dip last year either and if anything it's much harder to get those early picks right this year.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
It's no more a slippery slope than to say "we are going to take" this year.

You'd be thrilled right now to have what Serong is already showing, compared to what you think that Melbournes pick will show.
The top ten wasn't exactly a lucky dip last year either and if anything it's much harder to get those early picks right this year.

You would be thrilled to have him as well. "You could have possibly" taken Serong as well.

Posters are kidding themselves if they think its more of a lottery this year. Not sure why they roll this out - maybe it helps that they they traded away their 1st round pick.

Dec 2nd 2018
Dave 27 - 2019 prospects:
top 14: Rowell, Anderson, Kemp, Serong, Flanders, Green, Robertson, D.Stephens, Jackson, Ash, Henry, Young, Gould, McAsey

A random bloke on BF had picked 14 players and got all of the the top 10 players in December 2018.

April 2018 - before the season started:
Knightmare top picks.

Lukosius
Rankine
M King
B King
Smith
RCD
Hill
Rozee
Walsh

Yeah it will be much harder to get early picks right. :drunk:

You would be thrilled to have him as well. "You could have possibly" taken Serong as well.

Posters are kidding themselves if they think its more of a lottery this year. Not sure why they roll this out - maybe it helps that they they traded away their 1st round pick.

Dec 2nd 2018
Dave 27 - 2019 prospects:
top 14: Rowell, Anderson, Kemp, Serong, Flanders, Green, Robertson, D.Stephens, Jackson, Ash, Henry, Young, Gould, McAsey

A random bloke on BF had picked 14 players and got all of the the top 10 players in December 2018.

April 2018 - before the season started:
Knightmare top picks.

Lukosius
Rankine
M King
B King
Smith
RCD
Hill
Rozee
Walsh

Yeah it will be much harder to get early picks right. :drunk:

Wild Bill - I don't need to tell you that there's been limited exposure this year and this adds some uncertainty to the mix.
I've been around long enough to see that players that were rated early when 17, didn't come on as expected when 18....and vice versa.

2015 - 2016
e.g. 1 - Harrison Macreadie was being touted as a top ten pick in this year and fell to 46, the following year
e.g. 2 - Tim Taranto was hardly even spoken about in 2015, yet went at 2

Things change through the course of the champs and we haven't had any this year. It's different. Can't pretend otherwise.

EDIT:

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 12.56.30 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 12.59.00 pm.png

APSS 2017 - This was even edited in late May.
Look at nos 35 + 36 - That didn't work out well. :)

Last edited:
May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Wild Bill - I don't need to tell you that there's been limited exposure this year and this adds some uncertainty to the mix.
I've been around long enough to see that players that were rated early when 17, didn't come on as expected when 18....and vice versa.

2015 - 2016
e.g. 1 - Harrison Macreadie was being touted as a top ten pick in this year and fell to 46, the following year
e.g. 2 - Tim Taranto was hardly even spoken about in 2015, yet went at 2

Things change through the course of the champs and we haven't had any this year. It's different. Can't pretend otherwise.

EDIT:

View attachment 957768

View attachment 957771

APSS 2017 - This was even edited in late May.
Look at nos 35 + 36 - That didn't work out well. :)
Gee his top 10 is good.

There are always bolsters and sliders. But the core of good players don’t change much.

Even after watching for their entire under 18 year you end up with the Tom Boyd’s, Tompus, O’Roakes and players like Rampe, Cox and co that get picked up as rookies.

This year top 10 looks good to me.

2 forwards being called the best 18 year olds since Buddy is very exciting.

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
The win tonight basically puts the pick at 9 earliest. If we win next week it’ll be 10 earliest. Throw in a couple of NGA at least prior.
Also Pickett and Rivers really impresses tonight. Pickett set a lot up early and rivers was great late in that game.

Back