Traded North Melbourne trade #8 to Melbourne for #26, #50 & 2020 1st Round Pick

Who won this trade?

• North Melbourne

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I do have to laugh on people talking about who wins and losses the trade no players have even been picked yet, and since when is points used to determine on who wins and losses a trade.

Well at this stage, I look at which club has more to lose if the deal goes belly up for them, and I would guess North, because next year's draft is not as good, and I would expect the Dees to significantly improve next season..

Would have thought the Kangas could have added someone of value straight away to their best 22 (which still has some holes) with pick 8, but as you say, still way to early to call.

Well at this stage, I look at which club has more to lose if the deal goes belly up for them, and I would guess North, because next year's draft is not as good, and I would expect the Dees to significantly improve next season..

Would have thought the Kangas could have added someone of value straight away to their best 22 (which still has some holes) with pick 8, but as you say, still way to early to call.

Belly up for us is trading pick 8 for 18, 26 & 50

Belly up for the Dee's is trading for pick 8 and giving up 1, 26 and 50.

Its very clear which team has more to lose if it goes belly up.

Yes I said that it, it doesn't though diminish the players available to us.

The ability to understand the f/s and NGA bidding process and how it doesn't men LEL YOUZE PICK GOT MADE FROM 9S TO 16S HAHAHA should be mandatory before getting an account here.

I wonder, do you think we'll get more value straight away at 8 or with 26 and 27? Most of the talk I've seen about this draft is the top 4-5 are aces and the rest of the top 30 are pretty even. Certainly remains to be seen but I feel there'd be more drama here if we'd traded 4 or 5 as opposed to what will probably be pick 9.

I guess then it comes down to what Rawlings has in mind for two first rounders next year. Wheel and deal them for clubs after points for academy picks? We kept our powder dry "warchest" wise this season. Will be interesting depending on where we and Melbourne finish.

Do you genuinely believe this? That seems an absurd statement to make...
It's absurd to think there's even a chance pick 8 could be better than pick 1? You and I have very different conceptions of absurdity, clearly.

There's a chance pick #88 will be better than pick #6.....

I hope our list management staff are reading these incredibly intelligent posts.
Because that's totally the same thing. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. I was literally responding to a North fan saying that Pick 26 could be better than pick 8. Why don't you go and have a go at them?

The ability to understand the f/s and NGA bidding process and how it doesn't men LEL YOUZE PICK GOT MADE FROM 9S TO 16S HAHAHA should be mandatory before getting an account here.
the point is Demons got pick 8. Your mob got North got pick 26, 50 and a 2020 1st rounder.

If Demons get crippled by injury again just like this season, your mob gets a top 5 pick.

knowing the demons recruiting history, I fear Demons getting an injury prone talented player or average player at pick 8.

North has 3 bites at the cherry.

I wont be surprised North get 2 solid 200 gamers with pick 26 and 50

the point is Demons got pick 8. Your mob got North got pick 26, 50 and a 2020 1st rounder.

If Demons get crippled by injury again just like this season, your mob gets a top 5 pick.

knowing the demons recruiting history, I fear Demons getting an injury prone talented player or average player at pick 8.

"Knowing the Demons recruiting history"

I don't think you do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’d be very savvy recruiting to turn picks 26 and 50 into 200 gamers.

You haven’t bet on anything, you’ve just taken free picks from Melbourne. Even if Melbourne win the flag next year and somehow their 2020 1st rounder ends up being pick 25 (virtually impossible) due to FS and academy bids then you still win this trade. North have absolutely reamed Melbourne here. If Dees struggle that’s just a bonus.

Also the compromised draft is extremely overrated. What are the odds that all the academy kids end up being in the top 20? Pretty slim. And even if they all are, the late first round picks won’t be pushed back that much because most first rounders require first rounders in order to match the bid meaning that the picks largely just shuffle places rather than “adding” picks into the draft which seems to be the common belief.
Great summary and perfectly correct well done

Confident we'll find someone at 50. Our best second round pick this decade has been the workmanlike Trent Dumont.

For once we agree

Regarding the academy and f/s picks we’re looking at around 6 in the first round give or take. According to the Lystics podcast. Give it a listen it’s got some really good list analysis and draft analysis. Although that didn’t include the GC being able to pre list players and they have one who might be first round next year. Also there may be FA compo picks to come into play.
The draft is definitely going to be compromised but it’s hard to get a read on just yet. But we could see half a dozen players come out of first round calculations.
Melbourne aren’t necessarily done trading yet either. So may be more to play out here. Also if Melbourne rate this years talent pool they may just want to get in early. Like we did when we traded up to get Oliver. We also brought Weideman in that year who is still a wait and see.

Back